ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 am

assuming with no updates that Para Hills and Ingle farm didnt get on?
Port and TOS is a one dayer this week

Grange game going down to the wire. looking att he scores im assuming it probably shouldn't have played with bowlers ripping through.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:33 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:assuming with no updates that Para Hills and Ingle farm didnt get on? .

Correct
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:47 pm

How good are Mark Hanson's, stats? Averages something like 87, that is insane in community cricket.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How good are Mark Hanson's, stats? Averages something like 87, that is insane in community cricket.

Freakish. Elite. Gun.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How good are Mark Hanson's, stats? Averages something like 87, that is insane in community cricket.

My question is why didn't he play more district cricket?
Watched him bat at Reynella and he made John Hopkins look average and that doesn't happen often.
Way too good with bat and ball for atca.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:44 pm

tigerpie wrote:

Watched him bat at Reynella and he made John Hopkins look average and that doesn't happen often.

What sort of coin would a district A Grader get?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:00 pm

tigerpie wrote:

You should of seen the year he played div 2 para districts for Para Teachers.

I'm 39 and this would have been back when i was 20-21.

Reckon the bloke hit a couple of double centuries that year and would have averaged over 150. IIRC he hit the 1000 run mark for the season before the two dayers started again in the new year.

Luckily for us we dismissed him for about 90 something in the semi final where he nearly guided them to a 250 run chase win. They fellow about 20 short.

Is a special cricketer.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:55 pm

Mark is hands down the best cricketer I've played with. I was lucky enough to have front row seats to some phenomenal batting and bowling.

I reckon the extra commitment to premier cricket might have been the thing turned him away. That, and ND always had a policy that if you were a batter you didn't bowl, and if you wanted to, or were selected to bowl, you'd bat down the order. I reckon Marks first year or so, he was batting at 8/9. Made his way up to 4 by the time he left but it was also a pretty strong side at the time. I reckon he'd still do alright at Premier cricket now.

The selection policy at the time was also why Rocco left ND. He told me on several occasions that he was frustrated by it. Another seriously talented cricketer!
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:01 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Mark is hands down the best cricketer I've played with. I was lucky enough to have front row seats to some phenomenal batting and bowling.

I reckon the extra commitment to premier cricket might have been the thing turned him away. That, and ND always had a policy that if you were a batter you didn't bowl, and if you wanted to, or were selected to bowl, you'd bat down the order. I reckon Marks first year or so, he was batting at 8/9. Made his way up to 4 by the time he left but it was also a pretty strong side at the time. I reckon he'd still do alright at Premier cricket now.

The selection policy at the time was also why Rocco left ND. He told me on several occasions that he was frustrated by it. Another seriously talented cricketer!

Rocco was a jet as you mentioned

Para Teachers has a bloody good side with Mark Hanson, his brother Shane, Rocco and then a couple of others who were very good div 1 pdca players.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:06 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:Mark is hands down the best cricketer I've played with. I was lucky enough to have front row seats to some phenomenal batting and bowling.

Makes a lot of sense, my money comment wasn't based on greed or anything, I would think that there isn't a great deal of coin around for a district cricketer yet there would be a great deal of commitment required, training twice a week and pretty much every weekend taken up when the weather is at it's best.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:58 pm

whufc wrote:

Rocco was a jet as you mentioned

Para Teachers has a bloody good side with Mark Hanson, his brother Shane, Rocco and then a couple of others who were very good div 1 pdca players.

Never watched either Mark or Roc play outdoor, but watched them both almost single handedly lead SA to a National Grand Final in indoor back in 2004, eventually falling short to a superhuman Queensland side. The both of them were absolute freaks.

Glad to see Mark go on to achieve what he has. Super humble bloke for someone with as much talent as he has.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby no_remorse28 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:29 am

[flash=][/flash]Went a round early on T Waaddlesworth, but was a treat to watch him peel off a hundred in such an aggressive manner, Credit to the farmer guys who played in a great spirit and hung for a beer before their 50th celebrations back at Ingle Farm

Clearly weakened by the outs for various reasons. although starting 0/9 off the first 10 overs batting first in a 40 over one dayer wasn't the way I thought they would approach it.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Aerie » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Most would be paying subs to play.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:03 pm

Aerie wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Most would be paying subs to play.

That’s what I would’ve thought, thank you
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Whydontya » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:47 am

Port Districts def Trinity via forfeit in the T20's??
Whydontya
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Naracoorte

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:43 am

Whydontya wrote:Port Districts def Trinity via forfeit in the T20's??

No pitch prepared
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:13 pm

Feels like the Twenty20 competition has been going for a while

Replicating the feel of the BBL :D
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby mickey » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:34 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Feels like the Twenty20 competition has been going for a while

T20 comp running into March is just ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:45 pm

mickey wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Feels like the Twenty20 competition has been going for a while

having a few washouts didnt help as they had to re-arrange some games.

They need to go back to what ATCA did a couple of years ago by playing some of the earlier rounds at the start of the season in October and having the T20 games finished by end of January
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:00 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
mickey wrote:

having a few washouts didnt help as they had to re-arrange some games.

They need to go back to what ATCA did a couple of years ago by playing some of the earlier rounds at the start of the season in October and having the T20 games finished by end of January

Nope!

We miss out on enough cricket with washouts and heat outs as it is.
The years they dropped back to 9 rounds instead of 11 was just crazy and rightly voted out by the clubs.

The increase in T20 games this year came from a request from clubs that 3 group stage games wasn't enough, espeically for the teams that didn't make it through, so that got increased to 5.
I think the round of 16 game can potentially go, but that would be the only change I make.

Realistically all T20 is finished by the end of Feb, with the exception of the 6 teams playing in their respective Grand Finals.
For 92% of the comp, they are finished by the end of Feb.

I think its about right.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps