ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby thevoice » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Unley got out of jail. Chasing 181 they Were 6-50 against trinity in the 18th over then the rain come down for one minute of madness

Any Other a2 scores, both Marion & Fulham pumped pooraka amd flinders pk respectively.

Unley be happy to get half points against TOs
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby helicopterking » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am

thevoice wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Unley got out of jail. Chasing 181 they Were 6-50 against trinity in the 18th over then the rain come down for one minute of madness

Any Other a2 scores, both Marion & Fulham pumped pooraka amd flinders pk respectively.

Heccies beating Woody South and Woody Rech going down to Golden Grove are a few shocks this round.
Duffet another 100, but can’t get over the line.
Flinders Park first failure with the stick this season, bad finger injury to J. Taylor as well.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby tigerpie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:02 am

thevoice wrote:

Reynella beat ROCS.
Made a modest 150 ish and bowled ROCs out for 145.
D.Rabbett with a 5 fa.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:19 pm

tigerpie wrote:
thevoice wrote:

Reynella beat ROCS.
Made a modest 150 ish and bowled ROCs out for 145.
D.Rabbett with a 5 fa.

Heccies beat woody south
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:28 pm

A3, Gepps Cross V Brahma Lodge,

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

Wonder what happened there?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Booney wrote:A3, Gepps Cross V Brahma Lodge,

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

yelled out hows your shoulder or something, when the ball was in the air, Bloke dropped a soda and the captain spoke to the umps about it.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

yelled out hows your shoulder or something, when the ball was in the air, Bloke dropped a soda and the captain spoke to the umps about it.

Interesting. In a game last year a batsman smashed an off drive straight to a deepish mid off. The batter realised he had hit the ball in the air and as soon as the ball left the bat he yelled "YOU C*#T". The fielder took the catch, but I wondered what might have happened if he dropped it.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby bloods08 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

The lad hurt his shoulder earlier in the innings and Sibbick yelled out watch your shoulder while the ball was in the air. Not entirely comfortable with the dismissal. A warning should’ve sufficed. Sibbick accepted the dismissal straight away and was good with it afterwards. The same couldn’t have been said about the Brahma Lodge coach who may or may not have been reported for his outburst.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:59 pm

bloods08 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

The lad hurt his shoulder earlier in the innings and Sibbick yelled out watch your shoulder while the ball was in the air. Not entirely comfortable with the dismissal. A warning should’ve sufficed. Sibbick accepted the dismissal straight away and was good with it afterwards. The same couldn’t have been said about the Brahma Lodge coach who may or may not have been reported for his outburst.

its local cricket, he hasnt got up in the blokes face or run through him. the fact the captain said something aswell isn't great.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby heater31 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
bloods08 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

its local cricket, he hasnt got up in the blokes face or run through him. the fact the captain said something aswell isn't great.

It's against the spirit of cricket....obviously the umpires deemed it said loudly enough to influence the state of play.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bloods08 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
bloods08 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

I think it was more of an umpire thing which they ran by our captain. As I said I don’t agree with the decision but Sibbick did admit he was in the wrong.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:49 pm

I would've been in strife then.

I know I've sworn at myself with the ball in the air plenty of times.
Usually it was.....ahhhh dickhead!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 pm

It's not a spirit of cricket thing

He's just out
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:It's not a spirit of cricket thing

He's just out

Correct .... if batsman willfully attempts to obstruct or distract a fielder by actions or words tbey can be given out for obstructing the fielder. Sounds like they got it right.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:05 am

bloods08 wrote:
I think it was more of an umpire thing which they ran by our captain. As I said I don’t agree with the decision but Sibbick did admit he was in the wrong.

If Jamie admitted that he was in the wrong, case closed.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bloods08 wrote:

If Jamie admitted that he was in the wrong, case closed.

i do agree with that, i was told there was nothing in it and it was abit left field.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

i do agree with that, i was told there was nothing in it and it was abit left field.

We had a similar instance a few years ago, dude yelled out "oi" just as he was about to be caught, the young lad grassed it and I complained to the umpire and he was given out.

He turned around on his way off and said "Sorry mate, this is only my second real game, I didn't think" I was satisfied with that and called him back, it only cost us about another dozen runs and the game was played in great spirits, that meant more.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
bloods08 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

JJ Sibbick
obstructed field

Couldn’t the same argument be used for him yelling out like that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Wonder what happened there?[/quote]

yelled out hows your shoulder or something, when the ball was in the air, Bloke dropped a soda and the captain spoke to the umps about it.[/quote]

The lad hurt his shoulder earlier in the innings and Sibbick yelled out watch your shoulder while the ball was in the air. Not entirely comfortable with the dismissal. A warning should’ve sufficed. Sibbick accepted the dismissal straight away and was good with it afterwards. The same couldn’t have been said about the Brahma Lodge coach who may or may not have been reported for his outburst.[/quote]

its local cricket, he hasnt got up in the blokes face or run through him. the fact the captain said something aswell isn't great.[/quote]

Couldn’t the same argument be used for him yelling out like that.[/quote]

Exactly.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:06 pm

Does anyone know when the finals of the T20 comp will start? Is it a Tuesday?
helicopterking
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps