Junior Cricket Development

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Junior Cricket Development

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Brumbies wrote:Looks like there are some pretty significant changes to junior cricket on the way.

http://community.cricket.com.au/clubs/junior-formats/format-summary

Have been told that it is been trialed in several associations across the eastern states this year and will likely be introduced here next year.

I don't mind some of the changes in the younger grades, but I can't agree with having Under 15's playing 9 a side cricket.

Good changes. Will make the games better.

Why would 9 a side be a negative? Just means more batting and bowling for each of them which at that age is what they need.

Cricket really missed the boat with this. Soccer has been doing small sided games for years. Better late than never.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 243 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Junior Cricket Development

Postby Burras » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Brumbies wrote:Looks like there are some pretty significant changes to junior cricket on the way.

http://community.cricket.com.au/clubs/junior-formats/format-summary

Have been told that it is been trialed in several associations across the eastern states this year and will likely be introduced here next year.

I don't mind some of the changes in the younger grades, but I can't agree with having Under 15's playing 9 a side cricket.

Good changes. Will make the games better.

Why would 9 a side be a negative? Just means more batting and bowling for each of them which at that age is what they need.

Cricket really missed the boat with this. Soccer has been doing small sided games for years. Better late than never.

I like the look of these new changes!
More opportunity to score runs and less players being "hidden" in the field given so many opportunities for all players to develop their skills.
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps