BLCA 2015/2016

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

Postby Extractor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Strange situation because from all you hear in the street Centrals are itching to get back into the A1's and LP don't seem keen to return just yet

I wouldn't say we are 'itching' to get back in to A1s. We were more worried about finishing higher in case a final is rained/heated out...

Next year is a long way away!
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby happyhawk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:44 pm

Unfortunately the A1 comp will lose another turf wicket if nuri go down and centrals come up.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 pm

TRURO have signed stand-out county cricketer Ben Parish for their Cornwall League campaign this summer.

Parish (28) is a genuine all-rounder who bats in the top-order and bowls seam-up. He boasts a tremendous record at club level and has represented South Australian Country, both the Outbacks and the Country T20 side in SACA’s Premier League Competition.

He has been “Club Champion” for Freeling on three occasions (2007/08, 2008/09, 2013/14). He skippers the club and is one of the most prolific all-rounder’s in the Barossa and Light Cricket Association (A1 Grade).

He has scored 2,854 runs at 39.64 and taken 116 wickets at 16.45 over 81 first grade games for Freeling and his best season statistically came in 2013/14, taking an incredible 29 wickets at 8.97 with the rock (alongside 448 runs at 37.33).

Parish has been a reliable and consistent run scorer, with notable season tallies of 472 runs at 47.20 (2008/09), 530 runs at 48.18 (2011/12), 482 runs at 37.08 (2012/13), 448 runs at 37.33 (2013/14), 472 runs at 39.33) and 262 runs at 32.75 (alongside 11 wickets at 16.36) in the current 2015/16 season.

Courtesy of his club exploits, he has been a prominent member of the SA Country Outbacks, playing over 30 matches where again he has starred.

Parish will move to Truro this summer who narrowly missed out on securing top spot last season in the Cornwall Cricket League's Premier Division.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:30 pm

An interesting finish to the A1R minor round with Centrals snatching top spot, with the final order going down to the last ball of the Eudunda/Light Pass game.

Set 153 off 18 in the second innings it came down to 7 off 2 balls to win on second innings, but Light Pass ended up only getting six, meaning that at the completion of the game both sides had scored 266 runs. Light Pass finished the second innings 7/153. Had they finished the second innings 10/153 the second innings would have been tied (instead of drawn), and 5 points awarded (I think). But because a tie can only occur when a side is bowled out in the fourth innings of the game, its not a tie and no innings points are awarded.

Its quite an interesting quirk of system, that I'd never seen before or heard of.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:46 am

TimmiesChin wrote:An interesting finish to the A1R minor round with Centrals snatching top spot, with the final order going down to the last ball of the Eudunda/Light Pass game.

Set 153 off 18 in the second innings it came down to 7 off 2 balls to win on second innings, but Light Pass ended up only getting six, meaning that at the completion of the game both sides had scored 266 runs. Light Pass finished the second innings 7/153. Had they finished the second innings 10/153 the second innings would have been tied (instead of drawn), and 5 points awarded (I think). But because a tie can only occur when a side is bowled out in the fourth innings of the game, its not a tie and no innings points are awarded.

Its quite an interesting quirk of system, that I'd never seen before or heard of.

That is ridiculous.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:An interesting finish to the A1R minor round with Centrals snatching top spot, with the final order going down to the last ball of the Eudunda/Light Pass game.

That is ridiculous.

As a follow up the SACA/B&L Exec have apparently ruled on the result and deemed the second innings a tie (under the rules of cricket definition of completion of innings among other things).
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:26 am

Would expect a protest from Centrals to be forthcoming or is this ruling final?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby TimmiesChin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:39 am

Jim05 wrote:Would expect a protest from Centrals to be forthcoming or is this ruling final?

No idea to be honest.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby Rabish Binney » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:09 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

That is ridiculous.

As a follow up the SACA/B&L Exec have apparently ruled on the result and deemed the second innings a tie (under the rules of cricket definition of completion of innings among other things).

Have I missed something? Correct me if I'm wrong but LP did not get the required amount of runs to win outright - Eudunda did not get the required a amount of wickets to win outright - the scores were the same at the conclusion of a 2 day match. Result should be a draw - not a tie.

A tie can only be achieved if the side chasing the runs is bowled out with the scores level. No arguments.

A tie can only be achieved in the above scenario OR if it is a limited overs game according to the laws of cricket. So how has the BL exec come up with the awarding on bonus points?? Who (or did they) consult at the SACA in regards to the decision??

GC are well within their rights to protest about this and should do so.

Imagine the "uproar" of this had happened to a Barossa side in the same circumstances??
Rabish Binney
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:31 am

Surely that game should just be recorded as a first innings win
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lineandlength » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:05 am

So life ban tonight?
Lineandlength
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Slowey » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:09 am

For what it is worth I think this weeks games will be extremely close encounters.

Angaston seem to know how to beat Kapunda but I have a feeling Kapunda might be the winners in this game.
Sandy Creek and Freeling game is a hard one to pick. Freeling certainly have Sandy's measure and looking at results 3 weeks ago nearly beat Sandy Outright hard to go past them.
If Denier fires for sandy than the result could be different.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:11 am

Rabish Binney wrote:
TimmiesChin wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

That is ridiculous.

Have I missed something? Correct me if I'm wrong but LP did not get the required amount of runs to win outright - Eudunda did not get the required a amount of wickets to win outright - the scores were the same at the conclusion of a 2 day match. Result should be a draw - not a tie.

A tie can only be achieved if the side chasing the runs is bowled out with the scores level. No arguments.

A tie can only be achieved in the above scenario OR if it is a limited overs game according to the laws of cricket. So how has the BL exec come up with the awarding on bonus points?? Who (or did they) consult at the SACA in regards to the decision??

Imagine the "uproar" of this had happened to a Barossa side in the same circumstances??

Gotta admit, I was surprised by the decision. I would be interested on where the ruling came from.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:52 am

Lineandlength wrote:So life ban tonight?

Eh? Run in and throw a hand grenade on your first post?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Its quite an interesting quirk of system, that I'd never seen before or heard of.[/quote]
That is ridiculous.[/quote]

As a follow up the SACA/B&L Exec have apparently ruled on the result and deemed the second innings a tie (under the rules of cricket definition of completion of innings among other things).[/quote]

Imagine the "uproar" of this had happened to a Barossa side in the same circumstances??[/quote]

Gotta admit, I was surprised by the decision. I would be interested on where the ruling came from.[/quote]
Simple, one club is turf, the other hard wicket.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:08 pm

The cricket geek in me is interested in the law aspect of the decision, not conspiracy theories.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Rabish Binney wrote:

Valid point.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby KOCHALLER » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Cricket[edit]

Cricket distinguishes between a tie and a draw, which are two possible results of a game:
A TIE is the identical result that occurs when each team has scored the same total number of runs after their allotted innings, ALL INNINGS BEING COMPLETED. This is very rare in Test cricket and has happened only twice in its long history, but they are slightly more commonplace in first-class and limited-overs matches.
A DRAW is the inconclusive result that occurs when the allotted playing time for the game expires WITHOUT THE TEAMS HAVING COMPLETED THEIR INNINGS. This is relatively common, occurring in 20-30% of Test matches with a perhaps higher percentage of first-class matches as they are scheduled for four days instead of five. Limited-overs matches cannot be drawn, although they can end with a no result if abandoned because of weather or other factors.
KOCHALLER
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Arry Gablett » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm

It is my understanding that the MCC are being consulted
If it's a tie does that mean ERCC should get bonus points?
Would that get the. Into finals?
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 pm

KOCHALLER wrote:Cricket[edit]

Cricket distinguishes between a tie and a draw, which are two possible results of a game:
A TIE is the identical result that occurs when each team has scored the same total number of runs after their allotted innings, ALL INNINGS BEING COMPLETED. This is very rare in Test cricket and has happened only twice in its long history, but they are slightly more commonplace in first-class and limited-overs matches.
A DRAW is the inconclusive result that occurs when the allotted playing time for the game expires WITHOUT THE TEAMS HAVING COMPLETED THEIR INNINGS. This is relatively common, occurring in 20-30% of Test matches with a perhaps higher percentage of first-class matches as they are scheduled for four days instead of five. Limited-overs matches cannot be drawn, although they can end with a no result if abandoned because of weather or other factors.

This makes sense to me

If they made 1 less run it would be a draw not a loss on second innings, so I would think it would be a draw now.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps