C&CCA Season 2015/16

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

2015/16 Division 1 Grand Finalist

Adelaide Lutheran
28%
Enfield
11%
Fitzroy
6%
North Eastern Knights
17%
Para Vista
11%
Rose Park
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: C&CCA Season 2015/16

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:31 pm

Good turnout to the C&CCA presentation night, approx. 90-100 people I think I was told.. No Seaton representation and only the one from NEK was disappointing.

Awards:
Div 1 Batting - Lee Mills
Div 1 Bowling - Travis Uern

Div 2 Batting - Scott Brasser
Div 2 Bowling - Josh Diegmann

Div 3 Batting - Azad Jivani
Div 3 Bowling - Dave Conroy

Div 4 Batting - Troy Bills
Div 4 Bowling - Adam Paul

Fielding - Tim Wilson
Wicketkeeping - Kunal Shah
Colin Bailie (U/21) - Zach Hancock
Harpley Davis (Inter-Association) - Zach Hancock
SAMCA Team of the Year - Zach Hancock
Umpire award - George Laoutaris
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Zartan wrote:Good turnout to the C&CCA presentation night, approx. 90-100 people I think I was told.. No Seaton representation and only the one from NEK was disappointing.

Awards:
Div 1 Batting - Lee Mills
Div 1 Bowling - Travis Uern

Div 2 Batting - Scott Brasser
Div 2 Bowling - Josh Diegmann

Div 3 Batting - Azad Jivani
Div 3 Bowling - Dave Conroy

Div 4 Batting - Troy Bills
Div 4 Bowling - Adam Paul

Fielding - Tim Wilson
Wicketkeeping - Kunal Shah
Colin Bailie (U/21) - Zach Hancock
Harpley Davis (Inter-Association) - Zach Hancock
SAMCA Team of the Year - Zach Hancock
Umpire award - George Laoutaris

Most of the Knights were on their cricket trip.

'Twas a great night, nonetheless.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:26 am

So with C&CCA looking more likely to trial a complete one day comp next season, what are peoples thoughts with the setup? Some adjustments I'm hearing (or making up):

10x over limit for bowlers instead of 8
Modified rules in the lowest grade - i.e. retire at 50 or 100 etc. and bowl max 6 over spell straight up
Best out of 3 SF and GF series (so potentially a 6x week finals series with opportunity for a week off between SF and GF if they win 2 straight)
8x team Div 1 with 2x rounds of games vs each other
Bonus points to extend to mycricket commitments
Match point deductions based on not fulfilling mycricket requirements within a certain timeframe.
Medals to be introduced to all premiership winning players on the day.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Milly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Zartan wrote:So with C&CCA looking more likely to trial a complete one day comp next season, what are peoples thoughts with the setup? Some adjustments I'm hearing (or making up):

Modified rules in the lowest grade - i.e. retire at 50 or 100 etc. and bowl max 6 over spell straight up
Best out of 3 SF and GF series (so potentially a 6x week finals series with opportunity for a week off between SF and GF if they win 2 straight)
Match point deductions based on not fulfilling mycricket requirements within a certain timeframe.

Be nice just to have someone there from the Association to watch the GF for 2 minutes and maybe even present the Shield to the winning side pal. Maybe Rose Park are making the comp boring? Boot em out I say!

Is it also true a Club (with 4 sides mind you) received more money ($500) for just having the most people rock up to the Association Presentation Night Dinner than Rose Park received ($400) for WINNING an entire tournament being the T20 comp?
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby The Informer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Milly wrote:
Zartan wrote:So with C&CCA looking more likely to trial a complete one day comp next season, what are peoples thoughts with the setup? Some adjustments I'm hearing (or making up):

Be nice just to have someone there from the Association to watch the GF for 2 minutes and maybe even present the Shield to the winning side pal. Maybe Rose Park are making the comp boring? Boot em out I say!

Is it also true a Club (with 4 sides mind you) received more money ($500) for just having the most people rock up to the Association Presentation Night Dinner than Rose Park received ($400) for WINNING an entire tournament being the T20 comp?

Unsure if that is true as im sure Rose Park would be extremely disappointed in that and to only receive $400 when it was close to $1000 last season would really be a kick in the teeth to Rose Park, what team are you talking about?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Well I'm not on the exec so I can't comment about the shield.. But the other points:

No, no side received $500 for showing up - two clubs received $250 gift vouchers I believe...

Prize money for the T20 I think was adjusted for a couple reasons 1) most sides failed to play the last round and 2) Viv Sports didn't actually renew their sponsorship, so the money came out of the associations pocket.. Also was like getting blood out of a stone getting the money promised originally.

Also the prize money last year was $600 for first, and then dropped away in $100 increments for each place there after.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Milly wrote:Be nice just to have someone there from the Association to watch the GF for 2 minutes and maybe even present the Shield to the winning side pal.

Been asked to clear this up..

The C&CCA Executive 2015/16
Marc Cossens - was umpiring D3, and presented the shield
Peter Taylor - was playing in a D2 GF
Michael Johns - President of Enfield, had club duties to fulfil at the club with the C grade hosting the GF
Rob Turner - likewise with Michael Johns, and also had other matters to attend to.
Aaron Burgess - attended the D2 and D4 grand finals to present shields
Paul Eckermann - was playing in the D2 grand final.

Who else from the association were you hoping for? Not a great deal of people willing to put their hand up to help, and the group that does isn't very big.

If I recall correctly, there were no complaints last season when Peter Taylor who was the president presented Rose Park with the shield after playing in the losing side.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Also told the exec did arrange for photographs to be taken for the C&CCA, and they were - tons of them.. including a shot of the losing side.. it's not like some consideration wasn't given to the Div 1 Grand Final.. and the premiership photo will forever remain etched in the Annual Report.. probably more satisfying surely than someone presenting a shield?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Cougar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Don’t like the idea of the comp becoming all one dayers and have always liked the variety of 5 X 2 dayers, 5 X 1 Dayers, 3 X T20. Can understand they looking to make the comp all one dayers with a carnival year this season, but you could schedule if not all one dayers before Xmas when the carnival is won or lost. Then after Xmas start the 2 day stuff into the final series.
And don’t think you’d get too much love in the lower grades with retiring guys at a certain score, or limiting a bowlers overs.
Knowing and speaking to some of the Athelstone guys they have enjoyed their time in our comp and have enjoyed the variety. Just fear with them now having 4 senior sides they’ll try and get another turf deck up.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:08 pm

I'd personally prefer the 2x day stuff.. in fact I wouldn't mind if the whole Div 1 was purely 2x day cricket.. but I think the major push behind it is to try and attract new clubs/sides to enter.. whether it works or not, guess it's worth a shot.

Athelstone I believe are looking at pushing out of LO's in ATCA and back into 2x day cricket as well, so they'd likely support 1 day cricket.

Who knows it's all just talk anyway at the moment.

Maybe Div 1 normal and other grades one dayers?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Not that i play in this comp but personal opinion only

-would hate to see competition go to all one dayers, personally love the two dayers
-don't like the 10 over bowlers in forty over matches, its hard enough to get everyone involved (even at A Grade level people want to be actively involved) never mind only having to use four bowlers, especially when at least one of them will probably be in your top 5 bats as well at our level.
-best out of 3 finals series would take away a little bit of the edge and excitement finals time does imho
-i like the evenness of having each team play each twice, all comps should be like that
-medals should always be handed out on the day (geez you can get medals for as cheap as $5 each they wont be special but the players will still love them because of the meaning behind them)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:55 am

Congrats to Adam Gully who was awarded life membership at Enfield on Sunday.

199 games. 380 wickets, over 2,000 runs.

Played in 5x C&CCA carnivals over 10 years + SAMCA Cups sides, and has always been a rare shining light for Enfield in some difficult years, and generally the only Enfield player liked and respected by others in the comp :lol:
Last edited by The Bedge on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Cougar » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Zartan wrote:Congrats to Adam Gully who was awarded life membership at Enfield on Sunday.

199 games. 380 wickets, over 2,000 runs.

Played in 5x C&CCA carnivals over 10 years + SAMCA Cups sides, and has always been a rare shining light for Enfield in some difficult years, and generally the only Enfield players liked and respected by others in the comp :lol:

Congrats to Guls =D> Very useful left armer and slapping tail end bat. Been a great servant to Enfield and this association.

Still reckon he's a great lookalike for Channel 7's Tim Noonan :lol:
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 am

C&CCA Delegates meeting the other night:

* President Marc Cossens has stood down, and exec are now seeking nominations for a replacement. Interesting to see the impacts this has, especially after he pushed two major changes last season - a change in association captain after the success of Cougar, and the push for a pure one day competition.

* AGM 22nd August

* Cost per team set to increase this year by approx. $100

* Insurance component open for completion on mycricket - cheaper than last season.

* Looking at split format competition:
Div 1 & Div 2 played mixed two day and one day games
Div 3 & Div 4 play pure one day games

* T20 Comp to be played again - prize money if any is undecided.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:29 am

Zartan wrote:C&CCA Delegates meeting the other night:

* President Marc Cossens has stood down, and exec are now seeking nominations for a replacement. Interesting to see the impacts this has, especially after he pushed two major changes last season - a change in association captain after the success of Cougar, and the push for a pure one day competition.

* AGM 22nd August

* Insurance component open for completion on mycricket - cheaper than last season.

Will be interested to see who takes over this role. It's not going to be an easy role with the Association on the decline.
Personally, i like the format of Div 1 and 2 staying the same and Div 3 and 4 playing pure one dayers. Last year in particular Fitzroy Div 4 side struggled to field a side for 2 dayers. Having one dayers only will make it a lot easier for clubs with a 3rd team to get a team together.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby carey » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 am

Vote #1 - Carey for President
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:59 am

Harry49 wrote:Will be interested to see who takes over this role. It's not going to be an easy role with the Association on the decline.

Good luck to whoever wants to carry the burden and cop the crap :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Harry49 wrote:
Zartan wrote:C&CCA Delegates meeting the other night:

* AGM 22nd August

Will be interested to see who takes over this role. It's not going to be an easy role with the Association on the decline.
Personally, i like the format of Div 1 and 2 staying the same and Div 3 and 4 playing pure one dayers. Last year in particular Fitzroy Div 4 side struggled to field a side for 2 dayers. Having one dayers only will make it a lot easier for clubs with a 3rd team to get a team together.

Why the interest? You have moved on to turf.
Why Is the association on the decline?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Arch44 wrote:Why the interest? You have moved on to turf.

Association on the decline because Harry has left :lol:

Nut kid is right - whether people want to admit it or not, the comp is in struggle town unless the next Prez can produce a minor miracle - or be me :lol:

Seaton are no certainty to continue on, so unreliable, Para Vista aren't in a happy place I'm hearing, and Magill are down to one side - how long can they hold on for?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Zartan wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Why the interest? You have moved on to turf.

Association on the decline because Harry has left :lol:

Nut kid is right - whether people want to admit it or not, the comp is in struggle town unless the next Prez can produce a minor miracle - or be me :lol:

Seaton are no certainty to continue on, so unreliable, Para Vista aren't in a happy place I'm hearing, and Magill are down to one side - how long can they hold on for?

Is Central Mission gone for good, or having another year in recess?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps