PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:26 pm

Observer55 wrote:One competition growing, producing Grade Cricketers. One Competition slowly crumbling, refusing to change their script.

Would think the two clubs Virginia and Dublin with Barkers and Lay influencing, maybe Eastern Park with Head?

Barker's heading back home from all reports.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Arry Gablett » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Observer55 wrote:One competition growing, producing Grade Cricketers. One Competition slowly crumbling, refusing to change their script.

Would think the two clubs Virginia and Dublin with Barkers and Lay influencing, maybe Eastern Park with Head?

Barker's heading back home from all reports.

For A2 teams this is a blessing, its more fun playing GC than South, despite removing a couple of clowns a few years ago their still a circus to play against

great news for the BLCA
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Richo_37 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:05 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:A rumour doing the rounds further north is that two clubs from this association are enquiring about BLCA

Angle Vale isn't one of them.

Often in house discussions regarding the future of the club and the future of PDCA, particularly late on Saturday nights! There would be a long road to transition to turf from an off field perspective. Particularly financial sustainability given the levels of investment required.

Near term focus is on how we can improve the quality and competition within PDCA.
Richo_37
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Richo_37 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:17 pm

Observer55 wrote:
Richo_37 wrote:Thought I would share my thoughts on the format

My $2.

The comp is stagnant, trial something different for a year - like all two layers this year. We are an ageing competition and there are not a HEAP of kids filtering in like we need to ensure a healthy competition in 15 years time. Move to compulsory live scoring, have the Association host a Match Centre with FrogBox and allow the clubs to purchase their own FrogBox Kits to stream matches live, increase engagement and give another platform for sponsors visibility. This will allow for potentially better coaching for players and Umpires.

Move to all One Day cricket, Div 1 45 overs, Div 2-4 40 overs, Div 5-Down 35 overs. 8 team Divisions with Div 1 and 2 A Grade only for the first year, Smithfield and Craigmore in to the six from Div 1 this season, Para Vista, Pen Pirates, Atco and Enfield into 2, Wells and OTH heading up div 3.
14 rounds of 1 Day competition with 2 for finals. One day rules.

Then work a seperate T20 competition into the calendar, 4 Pools of 6 geographically based. Only allow clubs to enter 2 teams maximum of two sides/teams for the T20 comp, Reduce the pool to increase the talent. Also if a club is travelling poorly in the 1 day comp, they are still alive in the T20 comp. Some Sundays required for a 10 game fixture, but if a fixture released pre season Clubs can plan sufficiently. Have top 5 (of 6) in the T20 comp play finals, have the 4 host venues pre determined for finals and a club play up to 3 games within the one day for a T20 'carnival' for final.

8 Sundays in total to be successful, 24 games of cricket without finals. More cricket for hopefully more members strengthening our clubs with more participants.

At the moment, we have up to 2 "Substitutes" available to rotate through teams each week, which I like and understand if you have players coming in and out for Grade cricket but feel this year it was used for work or holidays. One Day Cricket solves this issue. Also time and time again, I read or hear how teams refuse to play two day cricket, a move to meet them finalises this argument. I can think of 4 off pace bowlers playing Div 1 cricket this year, needing to bowl allotted overs in a set time frame will hopefully see an increase in off pace bowling improving the all-round cricketers we produce as an association.

If it doesn't work in 2022/23 revert back to a mixed 2 day/1 day competition in 2023/24, will also allow a 'reset' with A Grade, B Grade, C Grade and D grade teams aligning in divisions in the short term.

I think 1 day cricket across the board is the way PDCA differentiates itself as a competition and unifies the current two tier system, which I don't believe works for a lot of clubs. I struggle to see the larger clubs supporting this though, hence my earlier compromise of 1 day cricket from div 3 down. Not sure about other clubs but Sunday cricket isn't popular for us!

I agree that a bold move is required, noting that it can always revert if not successful.
Richo_37
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Nikeslides » Sun May 08, 2022 9:56 am

Rumour circulating that Jye Bailey is out at two wells playing footy with a few of the Dublin boys and will be joining them in cricket this year. Good for the comp if true
Nikeslides
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby GarrytheGOAT » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm

An interesting proposal to the clubs at last nights 21/22 season debrief.

Will be voted at the AGM i think

- Keep 6 teams in each grade
- Separate one day cup to be played between grade 1 & 2 (12 Clubs)
- grade 1 and 2 play 5 x 2 day matches (against own division) and 11 x one day matches (between grade 1 & 2)
- Separate One Day Table
- Points From one day matches go towards overall regular season ladder
- one day final to be played on a sunday between teams 1 & 2 on the one day table
- Normal final setup for the 2 day games

I dont mind it, something different, hopefully see a few grade 2 sides knock off some grade 1 sides and want to play grade 1 properly from next season
GarrytheGOAT
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:57 pm

Not sure its the best way to do the one day comp but love that their thinking about a separating the one day and two day comps.

Will keep teams interested for longer in the season which can only be a good thing for players.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Observer55 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:03 am

Great to hear more talent being added to the Division One comp, should be a good watch.
Observer55

Has liked: 41 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Observer55 wrote:Great to hear more talent being added to the Division One comp, should be a good watch.

Who?
Hopefully you are not referring to the 11 one day games where division 1 teams play div 2 teams. There will be some thrashings and short games.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:39 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
Observer55 wrote:Great to hear more talent being added to the Division One comp, should be a good watch.

Who?
Hopefully you are not referring to the 11 one day games where division 1 teams play div 2 teams. There will be some thrashings and short games.

He said talent - surely that refers to players, not comp setup?

I actually like the idea of cross over games with D1 and D2 to give those clubs some exposure - yeah there will be some thrashings but it's not going to ultimately impact their own division ladder for the real stuff.

Might even get a few upsets.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

Who?

He said talent - surely that refers to players, not comp setup?

I actually like the idea of cross over games with D1 and D2 to give those clubs some exposure - yeah there will be some thrashings but it's not going to ultimately impact their own division ladder for the real stuff.

Might even get a few upsets.

Haven't heard of too many new players joining the comp. Rumours of more leaving than joining but only believe it when they take the oval or not.
Huge gap between div 1 and 2. Last season they say there weren't 8 teams of div 1 standard so that was one of the reasons why went to a 6 team comp. Now they believe there are 12 teams capable of playing at least one day cricket. It will be bad enough top of div 1 playing top of div 2 let alone the bottom of div 2. Agree may be an upset or two, but it would only be a top div 2 team beating one of the bottom div 1 teams. Can't see too many div 2 teams agreeing to it. It may not impact on their div 2 ladder a great deal but can affect moral and what some players think going into a match where you may have 1% at most of winning. I can recall some posts on here and experienced it during my playing career that it makes it harder to field a competitive team when you have extremely little chance of a win which then could result in a bigger thrashing. Then to throw in the potential of prize money - that's another story.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 am

The Old Fellow wrote:Haven't heard of too many new players joining the comp. Rumours of more leaving than joining but only believe it when they take the oval or not.

Was talk getting around yesterday that Dublin have recruited a couple additional bats, including Chris Graser from Para Hills.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:40 am

The Bedge wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:Haven't heard of too many new players joining the comp. Rumours of more leaving than joining but only believe it when they take the oval or not.

Was talk getting around yesterday that Dublin have recruited a couple additional bats, including Chris Graser from Para Hills.

Haha Chris will fit into PDCA very well :lol:

Can bat and chat!! :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Graser is confirmed at Dublin...……..let the fun begin.
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:18 pm

whufc wrote:Graser is confirmed at Dublin...……..let the fun begin.

$5K sign on and $5/run, what on earth is there to be gained by paying someone this amount of money in this comp or any other comp
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:01 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:Graser is confirmed at Dublin...……..let the fun begin.

$5K sign on and $5/run, what on earth is there to be gained by paying someone this amount of money in this comp or any other comp

So will probably finish up around $7.5-9k for the year expecting him to score between 500-650 runs.

I guess if some sponsor wants to provide a tax write off to a club what can you do.....especially if that sponsor is hellbent his money goes towards to improving the a grade team.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:49 pm

50 days till Round 1
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:50 days till Round 1
Any goss Bedgie, youre normally all over it.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:05 pm

auto wrote:[Any goss Bedgie, youre normally all over it.

Already delivered the goss on Graser to Dublin - then whuffer claimed it. :P

Nah I have nothing, too focused on trying to sort my own stuff out, and my energy is going into juniors at the moment.

Units A/B to play LO1, two new clubs (Gepps Cross and Andrews Farm) are in the LO comp and I believe Salis North are returning to play LO1 as well.

Majority of Andrews Farm come from Craigmore so interesting to see how that plays out.

That aside, i genuinely have little interest in what other clubs are doing with the seniors at this stage of the year.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:
auto wrote:[Any goss Bedgie, youre normally all over it.

Already delivered the goss on Graser to Dublin - then whuffer claimed it. :P

Nah I have nothing, too focused on trying to sort my own stuff out, and my energy is going into juniors at the moment.

Units A/B to play LO1, two new clubs (Gepps Cross and Andrews Farm) are in the LO comp and I believe Salis North are returning to play LO1 as well.

Majority of Andrews Farm come from Craigmore so interesting to see how that plays out.

That aside, i genuinely have little interest in what other clubs are doing with the seniors at this stage of the year.

Hows the Earwigs looking Bedgewood ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3654 times
Been liked: 1160 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps