PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:36 am

arvoteapig wrote:A club dictating who they will and won’t play in GRADE ONE cricket… laughable and pathetic.

Obviously if a report was warranted the umpire and league would have made action and they didn’t so all of this chat is just nonsensical BS from a team scared of copping another flogging.

Sounds very similar to a situation last season (besides the forfeit) when Eastern park bowled Dublin out for 60 before 2pm and their whole team literally cried to Benny Mcmullen trying to sort a deal out to call the game off because they didn’t like getting teased from a couple of the EP boys who weren’t playing that day.. Never seen so many fully grown men cry about being sledged in my life! Was actually embarrassing.. Especially because they all thought they were the bees knees, and tried to trade words early in the piece but just weren’t up to scratch.. least the EP boys right now know they suck but still wouldn’t see any of them literally cry about being sledged hahaha
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:You guys and ATCO for mine in the two dayers, Gardens would win the one day comp if there was one IMO.

Oh right, are we just gonna ignore Eyre who have systematically dismantled most sides this season, have added Aaron Lord to the top of the order to compliment Nathaniel Brookes and Brenton Jenner, before throwing Jared Jenner, Darcy Rundle and Beau Reid to the batting stocks.

Wilson, Quick, Mansueto, Rundle with the ball is a far group.

Royals for the flag. LM trying to fly 'em under the radar. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby bazza1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:24 am

What is PDCA policy on clearance’s?
We have had players going to another club and no clearance submitted by the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:11 pm

bazza1 wrote:What is PDCA policy on clearance’s?
We have had players going to another club and no clearance submitted by the club.

Little harder to remember this year since there is no website available with the by-laws.. and i know there was some issues with PlayHQ.. but from memory:

If they have played this season, then clearance required before Dec, 31
If they haven't played in a certain amount of time (1 or 2yrs?) then no clearance required.
If they haven't played at all this season, then clearance can be approved anytime up until it's too late to qualify for finals e.g. 4 rounds to go.

Issue early in the year was that players were able to freely register into PlayHQ and no one really had much visibility over it (probs still dont).. if they registered in PlayHQ though they can be cleared / permitted across and the primary club can action - but if you don't have permits set up for notification OR it's set up for automatic approval (which was a default setting before xmas when updates occured), then it would go through either automatically or timed out.

*edit* - i'm pretty sure people can still openly register for various clubs without anything triggering or notifiying.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:
bazza1 wrote:What is PDCA policy on clearance’s?

Little harder to remember this year since there is no website available with the by-laws.. and i know there was some issues with PlayHQ.. but from memory:

If they have played this season, then clearance required before Dec, 31
If they haven't played in a certain amount of time (1 or 2yrs?) then no clearance required.
If they haven't played at all this season, then clearance can be approved anytime up until it's too late to qualify for finals e.g. 4 rounds to go.

Issue early in the year was that players were able to freely register into PlayHQ and no one really had much visibility over it (probs still dont).. if they registered in PlayHQ though they can be cleared / permitted across and the primary club can action - but if you don't have permits set up for notification OR it's set up for automatic approval (which was a default setting before xmas when updates occured), then it would go through either automatically or timed out.

*edit* - i'm pretty sure people can still openly register for various clubs without anything triggering or notifiying.
Does the PDCA still use the now old MyCricket Admin for clearances?
Because the move from MyCricket to Play HQ has created a grey area with clearances, in the ASCA a player can register for a 'new' club on Play HQ without having to get a clearance because clearances are still done using the MyCricket admin and it seems to slip through unnoticed by the associations.

We have had an example of this at our club with a player leaving and registering with another club on Play HQ without their new club putting a clearance in for that player on MyCricket admin. Our president has attempted to contact the PDCA about this issue and hasn't had decent correspondence about it, the PDCA executive doesn't seem to care about it. The player has now played 12 matches this season and their still hasn't been a clearance for the player.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:00 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Does the PDCA still use the now old MyCricket Admin for clearances?
Because the move from MyCricket to Play HQ has created a grey area with clearances, in the ASCA a player can register for a 'new' club on Play HQ without having to get a clearance because clearances are still done using the MyCricket admin and it seems to slip through unnoticed by the associations.

We have had an example of this at our club with a player leaving and registering with another club on Play HQ without their new club putting a clearance in for that player on MyCricket admin. Our president has attempted to contact the PDCA about this issue and hasn't had decent correspondence about it, the PDCA executive doesn't seem to care about it. The player has now played 12 matches this season and their still hasn't been a clearance for the player.

Nah they don't. I put clearances in through MyCricket at the start of the season - and approved a couple that had come to me from Fitzroy - but it seemed they got lost at the next level (guessing coz PDCA don't use it?).

PlayHQ is dogshit, and this is another example of it.. can only hope in the next year or the crinkles will be ironed out. As I said, don't think there is anything stopping a player registering at multiple clubs with the clubs helpless to step in.

My biggest challenge I've found (MyCricket and PlayHQ) is getting correct names for players and finding out if they have a history. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:13 pm

Enfield def favourites.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:25 pm

Just quietly, Central United's victory on the weekend has dropped Para Vista out of the 4, and loosened the grip and put in danger their LO1 dominance since joining PDCA.

Vista have won the last 4x LO1 flags on the trot, winning 68 of 84 games and losing only the 9 matches. A whopping 89% win/drawn ratio!

Although, it's still a tight finish - Smithfield have the toughest run home, they get Two Wells and ATCO but also NEK, Hazara and then Units and Vista - you'd think they would need to win 4/6 to hold onto 4th spot.

Para Vista and Units have Pirates, Two Wells, ATCO, NEK, Smithfield and Hazara to close out the year.

Units should finish 2nd or 3rd and probably only need to win 2 matches to secure that..

Pirates are only 2pts behind Para Vista but would need to claim the PV scalp to be a chance and probably one of Units, Hazara or NEK.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:29 pm

T20 Fixture is out.. looks like Andrews Farm opted to forfeit to Dublin, which has granted Craigmore a second life - and arguably the easiest draw.

Sunday, 12 Feb
Eastern Park vs Craigmore
North Pines vs Dublin
Salisbury West vs Eyre Royals
Angle Vale vs Enfield United
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Does the PDCA still use the now old MyCricket Admin for clearances?

Nah they don't. I put clearances in through MyCricket at the start of the season - and approved a couple that had come to me from Fitzroy - but it seemed they got lost at the next level (guessing coz PDCA don't use it?).

PlayHQ is dogshit, and this is another example of it.. can only hope in the next year or the crinkles will be ironed out. As I said, don't think there is anything stopping a player registering at multiple clubs with the clubs helpless to step in.

My biggest challenge I've found (MyCricket and PlayHQ) is getting correct names for players and finding out if they have a history. [emoji38]

Fair enough, if PDCA aren't using MyCricket to still do clearances like the ASCA is then the example I mentioned will continue to happen (or may have happened already). I'm pretty sure SACA premier cricket are still doing their clearances through MyCricket? Because when I put clearances in for players needing a clearance from Port Adelaide for example they've been processed and approved in quick succession and I still get the email notifications from MyCricket.

I guess with associations not using the same website/database to do clearances, permits and transfers in this transitional phase it's more difficult to keep track and on top of player movements.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:50 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

My biggest challenge I've found (MyCricket and PlayHQ) is getting correct names for players and finding out if they have a history. [emoji38]

Fair enough, if PDCA aren't using MyCricket to still do clearances like the ASCA is then the example I mentioned will continue to happen (or may have happened already). I'm pretty sure SACA premier cricket are still doing their clearances through MyCricket? Because when I put clearances in for players needing a clearance from Port Adelaide for example they've been processed and approved in quick succession and I still get the email notifications from MyCricket.

I guess with associations not using the same website/database to do clearances, permits and transfers in this transitional phase it's more difficult to keep track and on top of player movements.

Name and shame the player and the PDCA club. If there is a finals position up for grabs surely the 5th or 6th team will protest and force the issue if there has been a breach of the clearance policy. If there hasn't been a breach at least it brought the issue to the forefront.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby auto » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:00 pm

auto wrote:Enfield def favourites.

Expected a bite, pretty dissapointed tbh.

Whats peoples thoughts on this. Wicky has tried a stumping and appealed and been given not out. Batter within a second or two then walks out his crease and the keeper takes the stumps. Massive appeal. Not out. Tempers fire up. Auto sits down and says youre all tards while everyone carries on like pork chops. Had no real effect on the game. Out or not?

auto
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:16 pm

auto wrote:

Whats peoples thoughts on this. Wicky has tried a stumping and appealed and been given not out. Batter within a second or two then walks out his crease and the keeper takes the stumps. Massive appeal. Not out. Tempers fire up. Auto sits down and says youre all tards while everyone carries on like pork chops. Had no real effect on the game. Out or not?

Sorry, must've missed it. :(

Not out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:30 pm

Hey look everyone, it's Greg Norman ;) ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:T20 Fixture is out.. looks like Andrews Farm opted to forfeit to Dublin, which has granted Craigmore a second life - and arguably the easiest draw.

Sunday, 12 Feb
Eastern Park vs Craigmore
North Pines vs Dublin
Salisbury West vs Eyre Royals
Angle Vale vs Enfield United

Yet Virginia had to play Westies?

deja vu for your mob!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:19 pm

auto wrote:

Why did the batter walk out of his crease?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:35 pm

To get to the other side.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:23 pm

Without rehashing this, EP were given a simple ultimatum play grade 1 or no team at all.
They chose as a club to play grade 1 and have stuck it out for the most part.
No club wanted to fill the spot and no club wanted a bye. What else could’ve been done..

They did expect some key players to return after Xmas and hasnt quite happened for them.

LO1 an extremely competitive competition this year, might be the future for clubs that only have 1 maybe 2 teams and dont want to be part of the full form game. Prob best if that is left for the clubs that are serious about their cricket and have a decent program in place tbh.

And i wont say too much about Para Vista as I do genuinely like them as opponents who play fairly, but they certainly seem a bit shell shocked with actual competition.

It all certainly needs a good review post season and I hope all clubs engage and help form the sort the competition you want to be part of. Its an imperfect beast but at end of day it supports about 1000 cricketers to get a game of cricket every week.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby auto » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:33 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
auto wrote:

Why did the batter walk out of his crease?
Reach back to get his bat behind the crease, then when given not out lifted his bat to walk somewhere/ go for a wonder.

auto
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:37 am

Havent seen too much LO1s this year but did see TW v NEK last week. NEK would have to be favs tho Millsy did say he was going to retire this year so if he doesnt play finals that would bring them back a bit.

auto
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps