PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I don’t disagree with you, I’m sure it’ll come.. but end of the day you make your bed you lie in it.

Last year grand finalists - where’s everyone gone? Shit doesn’t just happen through sheer bad luck alone..

Work commitments, travelling, injuries, retired, club being run by a bunch of absolute half wits and not giving a shit about losing the talent they have all year round.. number of reasons none of them are playing

But I agree, make them stick it out and watch some records get broken lol

Club wants to keep putting people in positions of power with their own agendas, this stuff will keep happening.. AGM very soon, things might turn around then and could get back on the right track but I still doubt it

Can't see them lasting to the AGM. Talk is already round 2 and then the club will be gone. The players who aren't working or have all the other excuses don't want to do the hard work and play in a weakened team - there is a lack of a ticker. Where is the 'Head' of the club gone?

It happened 3 or 4 years ago and they all left. With a chance of playing a lower grade they all then wanted to come back. The other clubs let them back in and the association is back to where it was 3 years ago. When will everyone learn?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Arry Gablett » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:33 pm

Sounds like a bunch of downhill skiers
Happy to win easy but adverse to working for success
The same eastern park I played against 30 years ago
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Observer55 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:05 pm

How do we upload scores this year?
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:36 pm

Observer55 wrote:How do we upload scores this year?

Either via the PlayHQ admin portal, or if you’ve been given access from your club, you can access via your PlayHQ account by opening up the match, and clicking “manage”.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4022 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:03 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I don’t disagree with you, I’m sure it’ll come.. but end of the day you make your bed you lie in it.

Last year grand finalists - where’s everyone gone? Shit doesn’t just happen through sheer bad luck alone..

Work commitments, travelling, injuries, retired, club being run by a bunch of absolute half wits and not giving a shit about losing the talent they have all year round.. number of reasons none of them are playing

But I agree, make them stick it out and watch some records get broken lol

Club wants to keep putting people in positions of power with their own agendas, this stuff will keep happening.. AGM very soon, things might turn around then and could get back on the right track but I still doubt it

Can't see them lasting to the AGM. Talk is already round 2 and then the club will be gone. The players who aren't working or have all the other excuses don't want to do the hard work and play in a weakened team - there is a lack of a ticker. Where is the 'Head' of the club gone?

It happened 3 or 4 years ago and they all left. With a chance of playing a lower grade they all then wanted to come back. The other clubs let them back in and the association is back to where it was 3 years ago. When will everyone learn?

I can’t tell you why Simon isn’t there, biggest mistake EP has made is not resigning him.. had 15 more than capable players wanting to rock up every Saturday and play for him, while also bringing out the best in most of them! Like I said the club isn’t run well, that’s no secret and I think they are staring down the barrel of some tough times over the next year or 2, football and cricket.. After that, I can’t see them competing at a decent level again

Personally I gotta work every Saturday, love to be able to have a hit but I wouldn’t get to games until 2.30-3 every Saturday so I just can’t commit

The bigger problem is the league, continue to let clubs do what they want.. Smithfield dropped down to LO1 and somehow were able to name their entire div2 grand final team except for 1 player ? Yet they put restrictions on player movements from certain grades to other clubs because why? What’s good for one, should be good for all.. craigmore the year before, make a grand final and down go up, stay down win one easy and now what’s changed where they are all of a sudden happy to go up? Happens every year with 15 different clubs, not just EP
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:07 am

You’re correct.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:10 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:According to Facebook Justin Davies hit 200

SW bowled EP for 20, and are 5/460 at stumps

I'm going out on a limb here and calling it, I think Westies have got this.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Apparently Trav Mc took 6/7 including a hat trick and is 60 odd not over night off 20 balls :shock: :lol:

Westies to bat on Day 2
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:27 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:
I can’t tell you why Simon isn’t there, biggest mistake EP has made is not resigning him.. had 15 more than capable players wanting to rock up every Saturday and play for him, while also bringing out the best in most of them! Like I said the club isn’t run well, that’s no secret and I think they are staring down the barrel of some tough times over the next year or 2, football and cricket.. After that, I can’t see them competing at a decent level again

Personally I gotta work every Saturday, love to be able to have a hit but I wouldn’t get to games until 2.30-3 every Saturday so I just can’t commit

The bigger problem is the league, continue to let clubs do what they want.. Smithfield dropped down to LO1 and somehow were able to name their entire div2 grand final team except for 1 player ? Yet they put restrictions on player movements from certain grades to other clubs because why? What’s good for one, should be good for all.. craigmore the year before, make a grand final and down go up, stay down win one easy and now what’s changed where they are all of a sudden happy to go up? Happens every year with 15 different clubs, not just EP

EP has always suffered from what most northern clubs do, they are a football club that has cricket, cricket generally suffers from it as they don't bring the same revenue in, I've seen it happening up there since the early 00's, some great blokes running the cricket but very little support.

Sounds like the club as a whole is in a bit of bother unless they make some changes at the top.

As for Smithfield, I don't think they were afforded any favours, they pretty much got dealt the same cards as the Units, LO1 seems to be considered as a sideways move, not a drop in grades, they are in a comp with all other A grade teams.......................and they got beat.

I only counted 5 names in there from last years GF, mind you, they are in genuine danger of extinction as there is only a couple of key people holding them together.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 am

Does anyone know what the scores were in the other Grade 1 matches or the Grade 2 matches?

Looks like the new app has taken us backwards a step.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone know what the scores were in the other Grade 1 matches or the Grade 2 matches?

How shit is it.. wake up yesterday to peruse the results across grades, and the only game I could find was the one i live scored. :roll:

No idea about Grade 1, but I've heard Eyre Royals made around 220 against Westies, and ATCO made 260 against Parafield Gardens after being 4/30.

Grade 3 saw 15 wickets tumble at Angle Vale for 104 runs! :shock: .. and at North Pines, our B grade got out of trouble to post 224 and have NP 2/39 at stumps.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:15 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone know what the scores were in the other Grade 1 matches or the Grade 2 matches?

How shit is it.. wake up yesterday to peruse the results across grades, and the only game I could find was the one i live scored. :roll:

No idea about Grade 1, but I've heard Eyre Royals made around 220 against Westies, and ATCO made 260 against Parafield Gardens after being 4/30.

Grade 3 saw 15 wickets tumble at Angle Vale for 104 runs! :shock: .. and at North Pines, our B grade got out of trouble to post 224 and have NP 2/39 at stumps.

Exactly, I was searching through on my journey home, I had to resort to talking to the Uber driver instead.

Yeah, Royals 208, Westies 1/9, Royals were 7/99, BJ got them out of the poop.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Yeah, Royals 208, Westies 1/9, Royals were 7/99, BJ got them out of the poop.

Despite 3 scores over 200, Grade 2 looks pretty even.

Eyre 7/99 make 208
ATCO 4/30 make 260
Enfield struggled early made 269

On paper looks like those three sides had it their own way, but not true. With our game North Pines actually bowled really well - McQueen had 5 maidens on the trot to start, they chased and fielded well, but as the day went on fatigue of the first long afternoon of the summer kicked in and catches were grassed and the game got away from them.

KD Singh (Bloke who hit 300 odd last year) bowled some really handy spin early on before being taken to the cleaners, and then battled hard through a tricky period late. Great to see him in the 1's though after dominating the LO's last season, too often players seem to enjoy being the big fish, and when they have a few days out down there try to stay in that grade.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Richo_37 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am

Dublin made 220 odd against Angle Vale
Virginia all out 29 in Div 3 Angle Vale 4/88 after making 88 in first innings
Richo_37
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:

EP has always suffered from what most northern clubs do, they are a football club that has cricket, cricket generally suffers from it as they don't bring the same revenue in, I've seen it happening up there since the early 00's, some great blokes running the cricket but very little support.

Sounds like the club as a whole is in a bit of bother unless they make some changes at the top.

As for Smithfield, I don't think they were afforded any favours, they pretty much got dealt the same cards as the Units, LO1 seems to be considered as a sideways move, not a drop in grades, they are in a comp with all other A grade teams.......................and they got beat.

I only counted 5 names in there from last years GF, mind you, they are in genuine danger of extinction as there is only a couple of key people holding them together.

100% bang on and one of the main reasons as a cricket lover i left Eastern Park to go play at Atco....wanted to experience a 'cricket club'

EP has had fleeting moments and boards who promised cricket we be high on the agenda, but it never really seemed to pan out. Such a shame because EP have never lacked quality junior cricketers.

The breaking point for me being that after winning the flag in about 2010ish we had to do our end of year presentations on the same day as a home football game in round 1. Not the end of the world all the blokes would be there anyway. Then it was decided football after game presentations would go first....no big deal again.....then we got told we had only 15 minutes to do the cricket pressos before the band started....bit frustrating and indicative of where cricket was held at the club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Eggy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Apparently Trav Mc took 6/7 including a hat trick and is 60 odd not over night off 20 balls :shock: :lol:

Westies to bat on Day 2

I don’t really understand this as they are not going to be able to keep the points or stats as they surely won’t let this team stay in Div 1 to cop this every week..!

Should have just beaten them in 2 hours.
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:07 pm

Is Justin out? if not they might let him get to 300.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Observer55 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:13 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Is Justin out? if not they might let him get to 300.

That’s not the sort of Bloke JD is, he will probably run himself out in the first over or few and let the other lads find some touch. Could see Trav Mac posting 600 though, off 150. Would be good to see Jake Sewell batting well again and the young fellas they have blooded get some touch.
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:37 pm

Observer55 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:Is Justin out? if not they might let him get to 300.

That’s not the sort of Bloke JD is, he will probably run himself out in the first over or few and let the other lads find some touch. Could see Trav Mac posting 600 though, off 150. Would be good to see Jake Sewell batting well again and the young fellas they have blooded get some touch.

agree with you there. I played all my junior years and early seniors against him and would say a bad word about him but these chances don't come up very often at all. understandable that its a lose lose situation though for him... keep batting make 300 and be called selfish and kicking a team while they are down, not counted etc,.... other shoe is retire/ do something silly, get out and get told you have no respect for the other team.

I hope he bats on and bats aggressively and if he get a big total good on him.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:48 pm

Declare overnight.....bowl them out inside an hour and spend the next 12 hours on the piss :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2535 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps