PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Eggy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Congrats to NEK on their win. Went out and recruited well this year, and were the standout side all season. Would've been a while since they last won a flag, have oftened been cursed dropping out in the Semi Final.

Big congrats to my cousin who knocked up an unbeaten 105* in the Grand Final, good day to stand up!

Batted all day for it too, fair effort shows a lot of resilience!

His sharp one handed catch in the semi to get me out is the reason they won :P

You did look on that day Bedge!!!
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Trav Gebauer and Dylan Wilson at Craigmore from Sandy Creek

Good cricketer Trav Gebauer. Thought he would have played grade cricket at a high level.

He's too much of a sook for that, has got ability.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Trav Gebauer and Dylan Wilson at Craigmore from Sandy Creek

Good cricketer Trav Gebauer. Thought he would have played grade cricket at a high level.

He's too much of a sook for that, has got ability.

Yep absolute culture killer and energy thief.

Can seriously play which is the only reasons clubs keep giving him a chance.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Men's end of season debrief last night - waiting to get filled in completely from the delegate we sent, but i know our proposal to reduce teams per grade was shot down quick smart. :lol:

Also appears helmets will become compulsory from next season as originally planned. Guess i'll retire now - or just bat 11 and declare when 9 down.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Men's end of season debrief last night - waiting to get filled in completely from the delegate we sent, but i know our proposal to reduce teams per grade was shot down quick smart. :lol:

Also appears helmets will become compulsory from next season as originally planned. Guess i'll retire now - or just bat 11 and declare when 9 down.

Crazy
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Fri May 10, 2019 4:07 pm

The Bedge wrote:Men's end of season debrief last night - waiting to get filled in completely from the delegate we sent, but i know our proposal to reduce teams per grade was shot down quick smart. [emoji38]

Updates?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 10, 2019 4:49 pm

auto wrote:Updates?

Footy season - i'll wait until our June committee meeting for an update.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Umpire recommendations:
1. Grade 1 and 2 teams entered into mycricket Friday evening.
2. Basic scores entered into mycricket end of days play.
3. Grade 1 and 2 captains can return to exchanging team sheets instead of writing the lineup in the book pre-game.
3. Where less than 6 overs remain in the days play, should Team A be dismissed, Team B may opt to 'forfeit' the remaining overs for the days play.
4. Umpires want pay rise of $10.

Other discussion points:
6 Team Grades - shot down.
LO sides promotion/relegation system (thought this already happened).
Discussion of increasing fines for forfeits etc.
Ongoing discussions around making helmets compulsory - storngly recommended by CA/SACA but essentially up to each assoc.

PDCA AGM 31-July
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:Umpire recommendations:
1. Grade 1 and 2 teams entered into mycricket Friday evening. (should be compulsory)
2. Basic scores entered into mycricket end of days play. (needs some upgrading, everything should be in by 6pm Sunday at the latest)
3. Grade 1 and 2 captains can return to exchanging team sheets instead of writing the lineup in the book pre-game. (having to put the teams in the book was a pain in the arse, the book should be entered in batting order, sometimes that changes)
3. Where less than 6 overs remain in the days play, should Team A be dismissed, Team B may opt to 'forfeit' the remaining overs for the days play. (50/50 on this)
4. Umpires want pay rise of $10. (why not? Keep bumping it up for when I give it a shot)

Other discussion points:
6 Team Grades - shot down. (GRRRR, we just had a Grade 1 forfeit due to the massive gap in it, Grade 2 is poop, delegates should've taken this back to their clubs)
LO sides promotion/relegation system (thought this already happened). (Keep all the A Grade LO's together, they can play off for the "Nothing Cup", the Units got stitched on this one last year)
Discussion of increasing fines for forfeits etc. (Give them a hike for not getting their stats in on time, makes the PDCA look too unprofessional how it is).
Ongoing discussions around making helmets compulsory - storngly recommended by CA/SACA but essentially up to each assoc. (no comment).

PDCA AGM 31-July
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 22, 2019 1:26 pm

3. Grade 1 and 2 captains can return to exchanging team sheets instead of writing the lineup in the book pre-game.
3. Where less than 6 overs remain in the days play, should Team A be dismissed, Team B may opt to 'forfeit' the remaining overs for the days play.

Other discussion points:
Ongoing discussions around making helmets compulsory - storngly recommended by CA/SACA but essentially up to each assoc.

PDCA AGM 31-July

Actually reckon the umpire recommendations make sense especially number 3 which is meant to be number 4.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 22, 2019 1:30 pm

whufc wrote:

Other discussion points:

PDCA AGM 31-July

Actually reckon the umpire recommendations make sense especially number 3 which is meant to be number 4.

And he's a Pulteney Old Scholar! :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Agree with most of your comments LM - especially the scorebook one haha! Apparently clubs complained entering sides into mycricket Friday nights was "too much additional work load on volunteers" what an absolute load of waft! Takes all of 87 seconds to pick sides FFS.

Forfeiting the overs for the days play has merit i think - not much reward for taking the 10 poles and suddenly having to face a fierce little period pre-stumps.

Umpires dont deserve a pay rise, the standard is poop already.

I believe also with the compulsory helmets, there may be fines associated with not wearing one - so from what i've heard, the PDCA will put the onus back onto the clubs/individuals but add if you dont wear one, void your insurance and we will slug you a hefty fine. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm

whufc wrote:Actually reckon the umpire recommendations make sense especially number 3 which is meant to be number 4.

:oops: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed May 22, 2019 1:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:Agree with most of your comments LM - especially the scorebook one haha! Apparently clubs complained entering sides into mycricket Friday nights was "too much additional work load on volunteers" what an absolute load of waft! Takes all of 87 seconds to pick sides FFS.

Forfeiting the overs for the days play has merit i think - not much reward for taking the 10 poles and suddenly having to face a fierce little period pre-stumps.

I believe also with the compulsory helmets, there may be fines associated with not wearing one - so from what i've heard, the PDCA will put the onus back onto the clubs/individuals but add if you dont wear one, void your insurance and we will slug you a hefty fine. :roll:

My opening batting career would have been extended if it wasn't for that stupid rule lol. Faced too many Carman, McMullen, Davies, Woody spells at the end of day for my liking. I remember one day being at the other end while watching Craig Dantonio get hit ball after ball by Carman practically in the dark. Reckon he was hit 50% of the time.....was great viewing!!!

Not sure why but when I was in PDCA all I saw and heard was negativity around MyCricket. Moved up to a country comp and it works pretty much perfectly with all clubs needing to have their teams in by Friday night and all games to score live on their plus one book. All clubs do this with very little issue and adds a lot of fun seeing scores around the grounds etc throughout the day.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 22, 2019 1:50 pm

whufc wrote:
My opening batting career would have been extended if it wasn't for that stupid rule lol. Faced too many Carman, McMullen, Davies, Woody spells at the end of day for my liking. I remember one day being at the other end while watching Craig Dantonio get hit ball after ball by Carman practically in the dark. Reckon he was hit 50% of the time.....was great viewing!!!

Not sure why but when I was in PDCA all I saw and heard was negativity around MyCricket. Moved up to a country comp and it works pretty much perfectly with all clubs needing to have their teams in by Friday night and all games to score live on their plus one book. All clubs do this with very little issue and adds a lot of fun seeing scores around the grounds etc throughout the day.

You've gone to a club with one team fella! And it has had all of it's wrinkles ironed out.

"mycricket" was a pain in the arse in it's infancy, I recall trying to be all tech savvy and do live scoring for a kids game, there was a "one short" and it couldn't work it out or let me get the correct batsman on strike.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 22, 2019 1:51 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Agree with most of your comments LM - especially the scorebook one haha! Apparently clubs complained entering sides into mycricket Friday nights was "too much additional work load on volunteers" what an absolute load of waft! Takes all of 87 seconds to pick sides FFS.

I loved going out to bowl for a short period at the end of the day, especially if they chucked a night watchman in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:"mycricket" was a pain in the arse in it's infancy, I recall trying to be all tech savvy and do live scoring for a kids game, there was a "one short" and it couldn't work it out or let me get the correct batsman on strike.

Yup certainly was in it's early days - far more user friendly now though, and should be embraced.. time to adapt and move with the times.. hell i live score on the ground during games occasionally on my phone, it's really not hard lol.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I loved going out to bowl for a short period at the end of the day, especially if they chucked a night watchman in.

Yeah and what advantage is that to the team batting second lol?

Hey well done lads, rolled them for 100 - now we just need to manage half a dozen lightning bolts in fading light.. we'll be 3/15 at stumps but hey at least we bowled them out. :lol:

Forfeiting those overs, return day 2, 10 wickets in the shed, opposition on the backfoot.. lovely.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I loved going out to bowl for a short period at the end of the day, especially if they chucked a night watchman in.

Yeah and what advantage is that to the team batting second lol?

Hey well done lads, rolled them for 100 - now we just need to manage half a dozen lightning bolts in fading light.. we'll be 3/15 at stumps but hey at least we bowled them out. :lol:

Forfeiting those overs, return day 2, 10 wickets in the shed, opposition on the backfoot.. lovely.

Yeah, I think it has merit.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm

FYI the ATCA have a 30 minutes before stumps which equates to approximately 6 overs.

Smart skippers would declare a minimum of 31 mintues before stumps and the opposition don't get a choice...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps