BLCA 2016-17

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:55 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I might even live score the game if saca have put the game in the program. The association has just purchased 70 tablets for all the senior teams in the comp. Clubs will get them next week, so from next round we should start to see quite a few games being live scored or at the very least uploaded not long after the games are finished

Would be greatly appreciated if you can
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:I might even live score the game if saca have put the game in the program. The association has just purchased 70 tablets for all the senior teams in the comp. Clubs will get them next week, so from next round we should start to see quite a few games being live scored or at the very least uploaded not long after the games are finished

Sounds great but relying on clubs to have them charged, be willing to use their hotspot or have wifi available can be challenging.

Next year will be compulsory, fines will be handed out, its not challenging at all
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Sounds great but relying on clubs to have them charged, be willing to use their hotspot or have wifi available can be challenging.

Stick it on airplane mode, only sync games at breaks - battery will last all day.. if they don't have mobile hotspot or wifi at the ground, sync when they get home.

Also you only need one person each game scoring - so perhaps it would/could be the home side? Pretty easy.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Sounds great but relying on clubs to have them charged, be willing to use their hotspot or have wifi available can be challenging.

Stick it on airplane mode, only sync games at breaks - battery will last all day.. if they don't have mobile hotspot or wifi at the ground, sync when they get home.

Also you only need one person each game scoring - so perhaps it would/could be the home side? Pretty easy.

Yeah it is now that the glitches are ironed out.

I remember a few years ago there was a short run, the app spazzed out as it had the wrong person facing and you couldn't manually change it.

Apparently you still can't manually change the bowler if you get it wrong, you have to enter everything back when play stops in the order of when it occurred.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:06 pm

All the clubs in our league manage to find ways to have the live scores working each and every week.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yeah it is now that the glitches are ironed out.

I remember a few years ago there was a short run, the app spazzed out as it had the wrong person facing and you couldn't manually change it.

Apparently you still can't manually change the bowler if you get it wrong, you have to enter everything back when play stops in the order of when it occurred.

I’ve used the app a lot and you now have the option to change bowler for the entire over (ie you stuffed up) or for the remainder of the over (ie he got injured)

You can test these things out in the demo mode too

I absolutely love the app. It’s super easy to use and way more accurate as you only have to push 1 number instead of writing in 3 different places.

The worst thing about it all is the mycricket app to check the scores has gone backwards rapidly. It’s junk. But the scoring one is good.

There was one thing we found that we weren’t sure about though.

One of our bowlers bowled a full toss no ball that cleared the keeper too (lol) and went to the boundary.

We thought that should go down as 5 no balls, but the app does not allow for this. It either allows for no ball plus 4 runs (ie which adds score to a batter), or no ball plus 4 byes (which only gives 1 no ball plus byes)

The second one would be correct in terms of a front foot no ball but we were unsure if it applied in this case
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Off The Wall » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:There was one thing we found that we weren’t sure about though.

One of our bowlers bowled a full toss no ball that cleared the keeper too (lol) and went to the boundary.

We thought that should go down as 5 no balls, but the app does not allow for this. It either allows for no ball plus 4 runs (ie which adds score to a batter), or no ball plus 4 byes (which only gives 1 no ball plus byes)

The second one would be correct in terms of a front foot no ball but we were unsure if it applied in this case

Had this happen to us too. Best thing we did was to mark it down as a no ball, add another no ball worth 4, then a dotball to remove the extra reissued ball. Bit annoying but was a workaround at the time.
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm

bennymacca wrote:There was one thing we found that we weren’t sure about though.

What happens if you enter it as a no ball and four byes?

Does it go onto the score as 5 no balls?

That's what the umpire signals. They need to signal byes so that the scorer's know that it didn't come off the bat.

However it is scored as five no balls.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:35 pm

No it goes in as 1 nb and 4 byes.

That’s what we put it down as, and then after the game just manually moved the byes to the no balls, as it doesn’t affect anything else in the game
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Yeah I'm not a fan of that change that came in last year I think.

I'm old school, if it's a no ball then the bowler should get slugged no matter what happens. The fact he can bowl one to the fence and only get pinged 1 isn't right for mine.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Trader wrote:Yeah I'm not a fan of that change that came in last year I think.

I'm old school, if it's a no ball then the bowler should get slugged no matter what happens. The fact he can bowl one to the fence and only get pinged 1 isn't right for mine.

Oh there actually was a rule change?

I wasn’t sure whether it was a rule change or the app’s problem
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah, no balls are now only 1 no ball for whatever reason. Changed during the offseason a year and a bit ago from memory.
If additional runs are scored they are off the bat, byes or leg byes.

I get the example of bowling an otherwise fine delivery that was a front foot no ball, batsman leaves it through to the keeper and then the keeper misses it, the bowler doesn't want to get penalized for that, but to now penalize the keeper for the beamer seems just as bad.
Furthermore, the interesting scenario when the batsman is bowled on a no ball, and the ball runs down to say a vacant 3rd man. 4 byes again.

If the bowler is bowling no balls, he should get slugged in my mind.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Spoken like a true w/k :lol:

Are you a wicky? :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Trader wrote:Yeah, no balls are now only 1 no ball for whatever reason. Changed during the offseason a year and a bit ago from memory.

I get the example of bowling an otherwise fine delivery that was a front foot no ball, batsman leaves it through to the keeper and then the keeper misses it, the bowler doesn't want to get penalized for that, but to now penalize the keeper for the beamer seems just as bad.
Furthermore, the interesting scenario when the batsman is bowled on a no ball, and the ball runs down to say a vacant 3rd man. 4 byes again.

But if the bowler bowls a wide that is missed by the keeper it goes against the bowler (i.e. 3x wides) - surely NB's should stay the same?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Unfortunately the new rule wasn't widely reported and a lot of google searches will refer to scoring off the old system still.

I found one that explains the new way.

http://files.pitchero.com/counties/70/1508752821.pdf

If runs are scored from a No Ball delivery, they are to be recorded in the manner in which they were achieved (Runs, Byes or Leg Byes). Only the one penalty run for the No Ball will be recorded as No Ball extras.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:16 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Spoken like a true w/k :lol:

Are you a wicky? :D

Haha, I did it once for about 15 overs at the end of the day, that was more than enough for me.
I'll stick to bowling left arm pies.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Trader wrote:Yeah, no balls are now only 1 no ball for whatever reason. Changed during the offseason a year and a bit ago from memory.

But if the bowler bowls a wide that is missed by the keeper it goes against the bowler (i.e. 3x wides) - surely NB's should stay the same?

Correct, all wides remain against the bowler.
It's created extra confusion and I'm not convinced the example it was trying to fix was common enough to worry about.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Is it possible to be a no Ball and a wide on the app? Surely there should be scope for that if a bowler oversteps the line and sprays it way down leg and keeper doesnt chop it off.
i guess you could just punch in 5 consectutive no balls? Only issue with that is it would be 5 balls recorded against the batsmans stirk rate if you like which is another reason why there should be a no ball/wide option
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Doesn’t seem like there is a no ball plus wide option either.

I think the only way would be to put it down as one or the other and then manually edit the scorecard after. That’s probably easier and won’t affect strike rates
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Don't think a ball can't be a no ball and a wide. Reckon it's whatever comes first and, from memory, a no ball trumps a wide if they happen at the same time (eg in the case of a wide full toss)
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps