Play HQ

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Play HQ

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:20 am

Not sure if its the same across all associations but I noticed yesterday there's a wicket-keeper selection tick box available on the Edit Line Up Page.

Take the small wins.

However there's still a glitch where if you select both a captain and vice captain in a team on MyCricket the Vice Captain has a (wk) next to their name on the team list and not a (vc) like it should be, it's been like that all season so far.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:20 am

I’ve had games where the scores this season have been wiped and stats gone. Given I generally update straight after the game and some teams don’t have players available to be selected (not allocated to teams), I think that when those clubs go in later in the week and make adjustments it resets what I’ve entered.

Very ******* frustrating.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:58 am

We had a situation on Saturday where despite the home team being the only team logged on (I was using the book) it wouldn't sync.

After 40 overs (inning break), he screen shot each of the overs, logged out, losing the entire score and re-entered each of the overs in manually during the break.

I've since been told that sometimes if you are connected at home, then it gets disconnected from the home internet, it can affect the log in and sync. So the answer is to disconnect from the Ipad's data when on site, then reconnect and apparently it works. Anyone else done this before?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:00 am

I rarely live score on PlayHQ these days - too hard to adjust any errors, and if players aren't allocated to sides then you're stuffed. :roll:

Blows my mind that they would've have just taken all the good areas and operational stuff from MyCricket and taken it across instead of trying and failing miserably to re-invent the wheel.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:02 am

Yeah we had every game live scored last year and it was great. We are now at a point not one game is being live scored.

Such a backward step.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whitepointers » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:48 pm

Rumours that CA and Play HQ are considering charging $25 per person to access historical data from mycricket.
Their Facebook page can't confirm or deny as it has been locked for the moment.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:22 am

Quite the little bunsen burner they've got going on
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:44 pm

They couldn't get stats for the current season let alone transferring all the mycricket data
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:35 pm

whitepointers wrote:Rumours that CA and Play HQ are considering charging $25 per person to access historical data from mycricket.
Guess they will threaten to delete the data if you don't pay up.

Excellent superannuation boost for the previous Cricket Australia CEO......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:47 pm

heater31 wrote:
whitepointers wrote:Rumours that CA and Play HQ are considering charging $25 per person to access historical data from mycricket.

Maybe MyCricket is after the $25 per player to transfer/sell the data?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:05 am

Brodlach wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Maybe MyCricket is after the $25 per player to transfer/sell the data?

Yep would say that's where it is probably at.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby saintal » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:41 pm

12 months on and marginal, if any, improvements have been made. There are a ton of relatively minor changes that could be made to the admin functions that would at least bring it into line with the old mycricket. ie why am I selecting teams from scratch every week and not just making edits to the previous week’s 11? Why can’t I add a 12th man? I can identity a keeper for junior games but not senior ones, why? etc etc etc

Reordering the bowlers doesn’t appear to be currently working, so the scorecards on the playcricket app are out of whack. And the bowlers list now includes anybody who took a catch even if they didn't bowl. Messy.

The old web version of mycricket was a wealth of stats/records for the nuffies like me, sadly none of which are available now in the very limited playhq equivalent.

Syncing of live scores to the app remains glitchy. At one stage last week we had somebody listed as having scored "-1" runs.

First world problems, but yep it's still junk.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:10 am

saintal wrote:12 months on and marginal, if any, improvements have been made. There are a ton of relatively minor changes that could be made to the admin functions that would at least bring it into line with the old mycricket. ie why am I selecting teams from scratch every week and not just making edits to the previous week’s 11? Why can’t I add a 12th man? I can identity a keeper for junior games but not senior ones, why? etc etc etc

Reordering the bowlers doesn’t appear to be currently working, so the scorecards on the playcricket app are out of whack. And the bowlers list now includes anybody who took a catch even if they didn't bowl. Messy.

The old web version of mycricket was a wealth of stats/records for the nuffies like me, sadly none of which are available now in the very limited playhq equivalent.

Syncing of live scores to the app remains glitchy. At one stage last week we had somebody listed as having scored "-1" runs.

I cant even get my game to load on my tablet to live score, keeps saying the court can not be found please try again later. Ive submitted a support request 10 days ago and a couple foloow ups thursday and friday and still no response
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:31 am

saintal wrote:12 months on and marginal, if any, improvements have been made. There are a ton of relatively minor changes that could be made to the admin functions that would at least bring it into line with the old mycricket. ie why am I selecting teams from scratch every week and not just making edits to the previous week’s 11? Why can’t I add a 12th man? I can identity a keeper for junior games but not senior ones, why? etc etc etc

All valid issues.

We noticed, if you log onto PlayHQ at home using your Wifi, then take the tablet to the venue and use your mobile or the club's wifi, live scoring didn't seem to work.

Also, you can't add players after starting a game - we noticed that the bowling side had a player missing when that player took a catch. You could only manually add a player, rather than be able to select a player from their registered list. That player was considered 'private' and the stats had to be manually manipulated after the event via the web app.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Insider_Trading » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:12 pm

I don't quote know how playhq works in all the details in regards to selecting teams and live scoring.

But at the moment Tasmania are playing Queensland in the State 2nd XI competition and Tasmania have selected 11 players by the name of "Private Player"

It made me laugh, but I assume there is a reason for that. Anyone have any ideas? Why does it list them like that?
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:26 pm

saintal wrote:Reordering the bowlers doesn’t appear to be currently working, so the scorecards on the playcricket app are out of whack. And the bowlers list now includes anybody who took a catch even if they didn't bowl. Messy.

This is absolutely doing my head in at the moment and hopefully it can be fixed ASAP.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:00 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:I don't quote know how playhq works in all the details in regards to selecting teams and live scoring.

But at the moment Tasmania are playing Queensland in the State 2nd XI competition and Tasmania have selected 11 players by the name of "Private Player"

It made me laugh, but I assume there is a reason for that. Anyone have any ideas? Why does it list them like that?

It means that even paid staff whose job it is to do this stuff can't work this joke of a system

Worst thing to happen to Australian cricket since that rugby bloke became head of high performance
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:59 am

Insider_Trading wrote:I don't quote know how playhq works in all the details in regards to selecting teams and live scoring.

In the player settings, you can select whether your account is private or public. That means, when selected, your profile will appear as "Private Player"

We had the same issue with Footy and that was the reason explained to us.

Obviously, what should happen is that if you do select 'Private' when registering, it should warn you that your stats will not appear on team sheets etc, etc. But that's asking a bit much of PlayHQ.
Attachments
PlayHQ.png
PlayHQ.png (21.64 KiB) Viewed 824 times
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:04 am

Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Insider_Trading » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:52 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

In the player settings, you can select whether your account is private or public. That means, when selected, your profile will appear as "Private Player"

We had the same issue with Footy and that was the reason explained to us.

Obviously, what should happen is that if you do select 'Private' when registering, it should warn you that your stats will not appear on team sheets etc, etc. But that's asking a bit much of PlayHQ.

More private players than a high stakes poker game!

Thanks for that info though. Makes a bit more sense.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps