Play HQ

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Play HQ

Postby Trader » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:59 pm

whitepointers wrote:Anyone got an Advertiser subscription that can copy and paste todays article on how playhq is damaging SA cricket ?

PlayHQ scoring system ‘a complete mess’ according to local SA cricket members

A new online scoring system rolled out by Cricket Australia continues to frustrate local SA players, coaches and executives, with some warning it could damage the current season.

A new online scoring system has been labelled as ‘a complete mess’ by local SA cricket players, staff and executives.

SACA endorsed the PlayHQ cricket management system rolled out by Cricket Australia at the start of this season but there have been glaring and consistent issues up until the halfway point of the season.

The system, which is accessible by website or app and will have phased out MyCricket by 2024, was tested in the Northern Territory earlier this year and has garnered negative attention in the SA cricket community for a lack of statistics and regular live match update errors.

One SA league official said the system was negatively impacting the current season.

“MyCricket was launched in 2008 and was getting on a bit so I understand something new being brought in but at least MyCricket did the job,” they said.

“PlayHQ is a complete mess at the moment – it worked for footy or basketball but it just simply wasn’t ready to roll out for cricket. There are so many holes in it – we’re halfway through the season and people still can’t see accumulated batting or bowling stats for this year let alone lifetime stats.

“There have been a lot of faults when it comes to live scoring as well. It looks like it could be a better system moving forward but it’s like we’ve been used as guinea pigs in the meantime – we experience all the problems and then they eventually get fixed.”

SA cricket fans and participants are not the first in Australia to vent frustration with Play HQ, with Townsville and New South Wales also experiencing significant issues through their seasons.

Cricket NSW even published an apology video on its Facebook in October regarding the implementation of the new system.

“I’m amazed it has been brought in despite complaints from other states, especially in NT earlier this year,” the league official said.

“It’s very worrying and possibly damaging considering we’re coming up to the business end of the season, leagues have presentation nights, awards, reports, but no one can see any accumulative stats for these events.

“At times it doesn’t even reflect league ladders correctly because the system doesn’t take outright wins or bonus points into account for standings.”

One high-standing local coach said they had been underwhelmed by the system.

“It would be good if we had something which worked … it’s been disappointing,” they said.

A star player added it had been “shambolic.”

“It’s a bit of a joke considering how far into the season we are.

“I get it’s probably a process but a lot of player statistics aren’t correct or tallied up and you can’t even see who’s at the top for batting or bowling numbers.”

A Cricket Australia spokesperson told The Messenger the national body was working with SACA and PlayHQ to address any issues.

“CA, SACA and PlayHQ are gathering regular feedback from club and association administrators this season to ensure we provide the features most important to users,” they said.

“We are very confident the transition to PlayHQ will inevitably provide a greatly improved digital and online experience.”

“Player stats including batting and bowling leaderboards are currently available on the MyCricket app.”

Cricket Australia also said live scoring had been improved through recent weeks and that information and statistics for awards would be available by the end of the season.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:26 am

Have a guess who the chairperson of PlayHq is?
Can you believe it......James *"*king Sutherland!
The former CEO of Cricket Australia. Get *"*ed!!
What a joke!!
And Cricket Australia wonder why us lot are getting pissed off with the way the game is being administrated.
Dickheads!!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:25 am

tigerpie wrote:Have a guess who the chairperson of PlayHq is?
What a joke!!
And Cricket Australia wonder why us lot are getting pissed off with the way the game is being administrated.
Dickheads!!
The company apparently also won a 'tender process' to supply and maintain the system. Given the amount of outrage in community cricket circles what the hell was in their submission!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:30 am

heater31 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Have a guess who the chairperson of PlayHq is?
What a joke!!
Dickheads!!
The company apparently also won a 'tender process' to supply and maintain the system. Given the amount of outrage in community cricket circles what the hell was in their submission!

A tender process hahahaha!!
Makes it even more corrupt, jobs for the boys.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:41 am

I said it before but I'd love to know who is making $$$ from this shitshow.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tigerpie » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Armchair expert wrote:I said it before but I'd love to know who is making $$$ from this shitshow.

Sutherland!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:46 pm

This article sums up how corrupt it is for other sports as well as cricket.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/questions- ... 20problems.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby The Bedge » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:29 pm

I do like the idea of a "one stop shop" for all registrations and record keeping.. but PlayHQ is a horrible format - i'm yet to find something about it that genuinely impresses me.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:I do like the idea of a "one stop shop" for all registrations and record keeping.. but PlayHQ is a horrible format - i'm yet to find something about it that genuinely impresses me.

The concept is solid and worthwhile persisting with. However, it was introduced too quickly and I suspect there weren't enough use cases developed to test it with. Or just not tested at all.

There have been a couple of positive changes, however having to log in to end a session and have a pin for each game, pick a venue and 'day' or 'days' of play, make no sense.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:57 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I do like the idea of a "one stop shop" for all registrations and record keeping.. but PlayHQ is a horrible format - i'm yet to find something about it that genuinely impresses me.

The concept is solid and worthwhile persisting with. However, it was introduced too quickly and I suspect there weren't enough use cases developed to test it with. Or just not tested at all.

There have been a couple of positive changes, however having to log in to end a session and have a pin for each game, pick a venue and 'day' or 'days' of play, make no sense.

Agree with this, although I'm intrigued, do you mean you have to log in every time you go to use it? Because I keep the tab open on Crome on my phone (and sometimes my tablet) and I'm always logged in which is handy, it doesn't seem to time out like the MyCricket admin did each session for me.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:04 pm

Where the F is all the money going and what are we getting for it in return?

Last year it was $130/senior team and $65/junior team for insurance, this year it is $22.50 per player. They tell us its more than just insurance, what is it? My club has 4 senior teams so last year that was $520, we will use probably around 70 players this year, thats $1575.
I have a feeling all the grass roots players are paying for the increase in the salary cap of the BBL. there is no way the BBL is self funding anymore

Then i just noticed on top of that Play HQ take another $3 something
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:15 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Where the F is all the money going and what are we getting for it in return?

Last year it was $130/senior team and $65/junior team for insurance, this year it is $22.50 per player. They tell us its more than just insurance, what is it? My club has 4 senior teams so last year that was $520, we will use probably around 70 players this year, thats $1575.
I have a feeling all the grass roots players are paying for the increase in the salary cap of the BBL. there is no way the BBL is self funding anymore

The $22.50 is made up of 3 or 4 different amounts that cover various things, one of them being insurance. I've had a look online and can't find the breakdown of it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:09 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Agree with this, although I'm intrigued, do you mean you have to log in every time you go to use it? Because I keep the tab open on Crome on my phone (and sometimes my tablet) and I'm always logged in which is handy, it doesn't seem to time out like the MyCricket admin did each session for me.

Hey mate, I should clarify - we have one tablet in the club. So from juniors to seniors and back again, we do have to log in/out each time. It's bloody annoying especially when seniors don't log out and vice versa.

It just backs up my point about the different user scenarios for clubs that I don't think are catered for in the user setup.

Q for you TDK, do you have to create a PIN each game/session?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:31 am

gadj1976 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Hey mate, I should clarify - we have one tablet in the club. So from juniors to seniors and back again, we do have to log in/out each time. It's bloody annoying especially when seniors don't log out and vice versa.

It just backs up my point about the different user scenarios for clubs that I don't think are catered for in the user setup.

Q for you TDK, do you have to create a PIN each game/session?

Ah fair enough, so no one uses their own device to access your clubs Play HQ admin at all? Or is that just for the live score?

No, haven't had to create a pin for each game/session, I haven't even come across that feature to be honest.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:44 am

At the risk of sounding lazy where are the personal stats in PlayHQ? Are they even in there?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:20 am

MatteeG wrote:At the risk of sounding lazy where are the personal stats in PlayHQ? Are they even in there?

Not for cricket.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Trader » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:34 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Where the F is all the money going and what are we getting for it in return?

The $22.50 is made up of 3 or 4 different amounts that cover various things, one of them being insurance. I've had a look online and can't find the breakdown of it.

The $22.50 National Registration Fee covers two items:
$13.00 is player insurance (or $6.50 for juniors).
$9.50 is for the website upkeep, or as CA have stated:

The remainder of the fee ($9.50) helps fund improved technology, including the new PlayHQ platform, that will upgrade the digital experience of clubs and players, make administration easier and save time for volunteers.

Hard to read the second half of that quote without laughing.

So there is a money grab when it comes to the insurance.
Then there is a money grab with respect to the digital improvement fee.

But the worst part for me is the way they've funnelled all payments online.
Previously my club just posted the BSB and account number and everyone paid into the account.
Now you do it through the portal, and PlayHQ takes a further 1.80%.
So of your $300+22.50 subs, only $294.60 makes it to the club, with $5.40 pocketed by PlayHQ.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Trader wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

The remainder of the fee ($9.50) helps fund improved technology, including the new PlayHQ platform, that will upgrade the digital experience of clubs and players, make administration easier and save time for volunteers.

Previously my club just posted the BSB and account number and everyone paid into the account.
So of your $300+22.50 subs, only $294.60 makes it to the club, with $5.40 pocketed by PlayHQ.

So $5.00 from every player in the country.
HTF can we stop this shit from happening.
Ned kellys mum wouldn't let him play with this mob.
Bloody daylight robbery.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:08 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Trader wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

So $5.00 from every player in the country.
HTF can we stop this shit from happening.
Ned kellys mum wouldn't let him play with this mob.
Bloody daylight robbery.
Clubs should be constantly bombarding CA and their state Associationwith complaints demanding a refund.

Should also be getting their own Association to pressure the state Association. As with anything SACA they will just ignore it
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:26 pm

Yep SACA arent interested in upsetting the overlords at CA.
So Pay HQ is effectively double dipping, CA and SACA allow it, this absolutely stinks especialy with Sutherland in charge, i wonder if Consumer Affairs would be interested?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps