14 year old banned for 5 years

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: 14 year old banned for 5 years

Postby Big Fulla » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 am

Tigerpie, the kid has issues, the club makes the final choice to put him on the field. If the club said NO, the kid wouldn't have had the opportunity to do what he did. 4 suspensions, come on, I wouldnt play a kid after 1 suspension if mediation with family and the kid wasn't a part of the process to get back with the team. 4 reports!!! The club obviously didn't do a damn thing.

How hard is it to realise that???

So his parents may be poor role models, his parents dont have the final say to select this kid to play, the coach and the club do.
Big Fulla
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm

i would like to know from encounter bays hierachy on how they dealt with this matter internally before i chose to comment on their procedures.

But Discipline starts at home full stop.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Big Fulla » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:41 pm

I agree, but this didn't happen in the street where he and his parents are the only liable ones, it happened on a footy field where his club made a choice to put him. They could have said NO
Big Fulla
Rookie

Postby adelaide bank » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:32 pm

I have heard from an A grade player at the club that they banned the kid for life from there club as soon as the incident happened . So they should and no club should accept him even when his 5 years are up. Hitting and Spitting at an umpire what a disgrace by god i have thought about it many a time but to have that little respect is a sign of a very poor upbringing he should and probably will end up locked up anyway
adelaide bank
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Big Fulla wrote:My rant is also on the GSFL thread.

Bottom line for me is the Encounter Bay FC need to take responsibility for this just as much as the kid. He had a pattern of reports and still was allowed to play. Any junior program within any decent club would look at that and intervene, meet with the kid and his parents and get to the bottom of the issue. Not just keep playing him until he does some real damage, to himself, to the GSFL and the Encounter Bay FC.

It's poor management is just as equally poor as the incident itself. If managed properly from the first report incidents like this should be avoided. Poor effort. Easy enough to take pot shots at the kid now, where's the accountability by the club that kept allowing him onto the footy oval in the first place?

As the Junior President of a footy club all i can say to this post is :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3787 times
Been liked: 1181 times

Postby Super Ally » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Disgraceful. I guess the only thing stopping him from a lifeban is his age.
Super Ally
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Loxton North

Postby A Mum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Seagull wrote:Any news of the outcome of his challenge to the SANFL Commission tonight?

Been wondering the same thing.
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Postby Old Dog 13 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:54 pm

A Mum wrote:
Seagull wrote:Any news of the outcome of his challenge to the SANFL Commission tonight?

Been wondering the same thing.

I think it was mentioned somewhere else, reduced to 3 years!!
Old Dog 13
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby A Mum » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Yes in the GSFL thread.
A Mum
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Joke!!!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1174 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby locky801 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Umpires in that comp having a meeting to discuss strike action evidently

Story just on 7 news stated that the child in question has come from a troubled background, how many more times do we have to hear this
locky801
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Seagull wrote:
locky801 wrote:Umpires in that comp having a meeting to discuss strike action evidently

Story just on 7 news stated that the child in question has come from a troubled background, how many more times do we have to hear this

And not wishing to appear racist,but how many caucasian kids have had troubled backgrounds and would not have got any reduction in the term had it been one of them?
It would almost be open slather now, the precedent has been set.

You don't want to appear racist but then go on to make a racist comment that also suggests the SANFL tribunal is, and or,would discriminate against a caucasion person.

I agree the precedent has been set but we can't sit here and bag people for making a decision you assume to be based on the kids race when we don't know that has been considered or not. I would like to think that they would have come to the same conclusion, not that i agree with it, no matter the race of the person involved.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby locky801 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Seagull wrote:
wycbloods wrote:
Seagull wrote:
locky801 wrote:Umpires in that comp having a meeting to discuss strike action evidently

And not wishing to appear racist,but how many caucasian kids have had troubled backgrounds and would not have got any reduction in the term had it been one of them?
It would almost be open slather now, the precedent has been set.

I agree the precedent has been set but we can't sit here and bag people for making a decision you assume to be based on the kids race when we don't know that has been considered or not. I would like to think that they would have come to the same conclusion, not that i agree with it, no matter the race of the person involved.

In the TV report I watched, the first person to speak was an Aboriginal Legal Rights representative with a huge sign behind for all to read.He said it was a great and proper result.

Obviously I missed something here because i cannot see any racial comments etc in my comment, i too came from a very troubled background which at times was horrific however i got off my butt and did something about it and never use it as an excuse for anything
locky801
Coach

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:19 pm

You can bet that the Hahndorf junior who got life earlier this year will be lodging appeal papers as we speak given recent events
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby A Mum » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:26 pm

What happened to: do the crime do the time.

Now-a-days (and not just this - but this does fall into the same catergory) do the crime - say 'poor me' 'but, but, but' - don't do the time.

No wonder society in general is going to dogs *sigh* it's depressing.
A Mum
Coach

Postby footy1992 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:48 pm

For info:http://southern-times-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/gsfl-umpires-seeing-red/
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

this is a bloody disgrace.....when you step over the white line the umpires are the game police.they enforce the rules that are in place. now if you break the rules then you pay the penalty. The end!!! If you dont like the rules then dont play the game. When you break the rules accept the penalty and move on. Now this young man did neither and has re-offended 3 times i believe and was given a pretty light suspension in my opinion and numerous others.

If he belted a copper, who like the umpires,enforce the law would he have been dealt with so lightly...dont think so!!!!

And i'm not fussed what race he is because that has NO bearing at all in this case. Its a kid belting an umpire and thats it. The sanfl should have enforced the original suspension!!!!

i certainly wouldnt blame the umpires for striking,blame the arbiters of our game.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Shirtfront » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I heard the umps have decided to strike. Any confirmation of this. For once, i agree with the Ump's!!!!
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby CoverKing » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:14 pm

I blame the club and the parents for this incident occurring. However, the 5 year penalty was lenient to say the least let alone a reduction to 3 years
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Waterboy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Shirtfront wrote:I heard the umps have decided to strike. Any confirmation of this. For once, i agree with the Ump's!!!!

No umpires for Great Southern junior games this weekend.

Umpires will wear red armbands this week to signify that they are seeing red over it. I expect a lot of clubs will have their players and officials wearing them too as a sign of support for the umpires.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues