pound for pound toughest s.a footballers

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: pound for pound toughest s.a footballers

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Jimmy Ricard wrote:Damien Williamson from Henley. Skinny half back, that has no respect for his body. Generally plays on bigger opponents and is rarely beaten one on one. Could do some serious damage if he had an extra 10kg on his frame.

Have to agree, some of the positions I have seen him get himself in you start to question if its courage or he was dropped on his head as a kid. Great bloke and gun footballer
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby schimma » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 pm

some from a few clubs i have played against
seaton: coard and barnes and scott hodges
portland: Felch, fisty
Flinders park: Byrnes
SHOC: jed wilson
TTG: Steven Pitt
Scotch: Matt Kluzek
PNU: Gary Macintosh
ST peters: Auld
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Squids » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Dearlove, South Clare.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby flanker » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 am

Greg and Jerry Ant - two brothers who I remember playing a season for Lenswood back in the early 70's I believe. Used to take multiple hits and bounce back up, had no real respect for their bodies. I remember one day against the Pleasant Valley Roos when the two bumped into eachother in a marking contest in the first quater, Jerry turned around after and gave his brother one of the greatest right hooks I've ever seen! After being knocked out, Greg eventually bounced back up and booted 7 for the day in a memorable win! After a few Eagle Blue's they were best mates again! I believe Greg is now doing some part time assistant coaching at SMOSH West Lakes in his spare time.
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:58 pm

flanker wrote:Greg and Jerry Ant - two brothers who I remember playing a season for Lenswood back in the early 70's I believe. Used to take multiple hits and bounce back up, had no real respect for their bodies. I remember one day against the Pleasant Valley Roos when the two bumped into eachother in a marking contest in the first quater, Jerry turned around after and gave his brother one of the greatest right hooks I've ever seen! After being knocked out, Greg eventually bounced back up and booted 7 for the day in a memorable win! After a few Eagle Blue's they were best mates again! I believe Greg is now doing some part time assistant coaching at SMOSH West Lakes in his spare time.

Legends...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby Zipper » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
flanker wrote:Greg and Jerry Ant - two brothers who I remember playing a season for Lenswood back in the early 70's I believe. Used to take multiple hits and bounce back up, had no real respect for their bodies. I remember one day against the Pleasant Valley Roos when the two bumped into eachother in a marking contest in the first quater, Jerry turned around after and gave his brother one of the greatest right hooks I've ever seen! After being knocked out, Greg eventually bounced back up and booted 7 for the day in a memorable win! After a few Eagle Blue's they were best mates again! I believe Greg is now doing some part time assistant coaching at SMOSH West Lakes in his spare time.

Legends...

Those boys can sink cans.
Zipper
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Jamie Rogers....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby overloaded » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm

JK wrote:Had a bloke out at West Lakes for just the one season (IIRC - was a long time ago now), Scotty Clark, who was a top lad, really chilled out and cruisy sort of bloke.

He wasn't tall and wasn't solid either, but seriously pound for pound this bloke was one of the hardest players I can remember seeing .. Would smash into opponents much bigger and stronger looking and when he tackled someone, they stayed tackled and knew all about it.

Don't really know what became of him, but always remember the way he went about it.

He coaches football in Port Lincoln
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby AD » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:35 pm

GWW wrote:Leroy Kennedy, RMFL in late 80's and early 90's, played for I think Jamestown or somewhere before that I think.

Peterborough. Have had a fair bit do do with Leroy through family, my old man always said he was a tough nut.
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby AD » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Signman1972 wrote:
GWW wrote:Leroy Kennedy, RMFL in late 80's and early 90's, played for I think Jamestown or somewhere before that I think.

Leroy played for Peterborough, he played in the Saint Shine in 1979 Premiership side with my Dad, Dennis Russell, Doggy O'Dea and other greats with Mike Underwood as coach (Kelly Underwood Channel 10 - Dad.)

In 1980 when Port Broughton entered the Northern Areas Competition as Premiers from another league (Upper Yorke Peninsular), they had a great rivalry, Peterborough beat them by 10 goals at Broughton - Later that night a massive fight broke out and an ex-con (Player from PB) got the shits with Leroy & glassed his face. I was (8) and there in the Port Broughton Hotel.

Yes he was tough!!!!!!!

He still wears the scar, too.

I'm not sure if my uncle was playing in that premiership year- Bill Dearlove?
AD
Rookie

Postby Signman1972 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 am

AD wrote:
Signman1972 wrote:

Leroy played for Peterborough, he played in the Saint Shine in 1979 Premiership side with my Dad, Dennis Russell, Doggy O'Dea and other greats with Mike Underwood as coach (Kelly Underwood Channel 10 - Dad.)

In 1980 when Port Broughton entered the Northern Areas Competition as Premiers from another league (Upper Yorke Peninsular), they had a great rivalry, Peterborough beat them by 10 goals at Broughton - Later that night a massive fight broke out and an ex-con (Player from PB) got the shits with Leroy & glassed his face. I was (8) and there in the Port Broughton Hotel.

Yes he was tough!!!!!!!

I will check the Premiership Dinner Menu tomorrow & get back to you! All players listed!
Signman1972
Rookie

Grassroots Team: North Clare

Postby AD » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 am

Signman1972 wrote:
AD wrote:
Signman1972 wrote:

Yes he was tough!!!!!!!

I will check the Premiership Dinner Menu tomorrow & get back to you! All players listed!

Cheers mate. He would have probably been listed as William.

I think he played around that time, not quite sure whether he played in the premiership year though.
AD
Rookie

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues