State top 10

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: State top 10

Postby ohh i dunno » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:10 pm

the barossa should be considerd a better standard of comp that the hills considering we beat them in assoc games most years.[/quote]

Why? All that would show is the top 21 in BLG beat the top 21 in Hills. In leagues consisting of over 200 players i dont think that means anything. Depth is the key to a strong league. Besides, isnt the ledger 3 to 5 in Hills favour?[/quote]

I think the BLG will get a rude awakening this weekend when the hills smash BLG, reason being this year it is compulsory to play for association, the squad looks scary on paper.[/quote]

I wouldn't write off the BLG so quickly mate, they have a core of 9 teams to chose from as Hills have 16. Several new players and players who have experienced this footy before to play. Its a long way back to Barossa from hahndorf, could be a massive party!!![/quote]

Soooo, were the party poppers out on the way home to the barossa?????? :oops:
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby magpiemaster » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:41 pm

handorf and uri are the best two teams in the hills right now and the hills beat BLG. uri also beat a div 2 side by 5 goals in pre season so these 2 teams would b up there in the rankings. and i did watch a div 1 game this year rocs vs sacred heart and they would both lose to these 2 hills sides by a few goals without doubt.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby human blanket #3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:12 am

magpiemaster wrote:handorf and uri are the best two teams in the hills right now and the hills beat BLG. uri also beat a div 2 side by 5 goals in pre season so these 2 teams would b up there in the rankings. and i did watch a div 1 game this year rocs vs sacred heart and they would both lose to these 2 hills sides by a few goals without doubt.

i think broadview had a few on their sanfl experiance players (eg squire) out for that but uri also had a few out. saying that, i watched that match and uraidla were very impressive. broadies couldnt get the ball out of their defence. even uri b grade moved the ball very quick.
human blanket #3
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:27 pm

I reckon you are pulling a leg when you say that with out doubt they would beat Div 1 sides. SFL top 6 is a better standard (More quicker,but not as physical) than Hills footy and they would not beat Div 1 sides imho. Funny we talk about different standards. I played the start of the year in the Sunraysia F.L and I rate that better than any footy in SA outside the SANFL. The overall skill level and hardness was something I have rarely seen. Considering they towel up the Western Border League in inter association matches each time they play it gives you a hint of the standard.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby magpiemaster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:44 pm

human blanket #3 wrote:
magpiemaster wrote:handorf and uri are the best two teams in the hills right now and the hills beat BLG. uri also beat a div 2 side by 5 goals in pre season so these 2 teams would b up there in the rankings. and i did watch a div 1 game this year rocs vs sacred heart and they would both lose to these 2 hills sides by a few goals without doubt.

i think broadview had a few on their sanfl experiance players (eg squire) out for that but uri also had a few out. saying that, i watched that match and uraidla were very impressive. broadies couldnt get the ball out of their defence. even uri b grade moved the ball very quick.

yer i know a few of the older guys at broadview and they were missing 4 or 5 as were uraidla with vidic and 2 of the 3 eberts not playing. so i think the game was played on failry level playing feild. and yes they do both there a grdae and b grade move the ball quickly with their hands, very impressive.

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I reckon you are pulling a leg when you say that with out doubt they would beat Div 1 sides. SFL top 6 is a better standard (More quicker,but not as physical) than Hills footy and they would not beat Div 1 sides imho. Funny we talk about different standards. I played the start of the year in the Sunraysia F.L and I rate that better than any footy in SA outside the SANFL. The overall skill level and hardness was something I have rarely seen. Considering they towel up the Western Border League in inter association matches each time they play it gives you a hint of the standard.

sfl haha now i think your the one joking mate. seriously the best team in that league would not get near handorf. handorf are easily better then the lowest 3 teams in div 1, and i havent seen many of the other play so hard to comment. but the team has players like scott purling ex sturt and state player. cooper 2 time premiership player with sturt and egals. bishop from sturt. howman from sturt. kaesler player lots of league footy. stephens league footy. roberts league at egales. gags from norwood. not to mention bartamuuci and lomas both played league last year. i mean there are more too, on every line there is high representitive footy. and they move the footy quicker then any side in the hills and play hard as nails.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:59 pm

All entitled to our opinion sunshine. Theres not many posters on here that would agree with you. I'd like to see those teams up against Morphett Vale,Reynella and Brighton and Willunga. Anyway we'd never find out so once again the argument continues....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby magpiemaster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:10 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:All entitled to our opinion sunshine. Theres not many posters on here that would agree with you. I'd like to see those teams up against Morphett Vale,Reynella and Brighton and Willunga. Anyway we'd never find out so once again the argument continues....

yer agreed, but just to let u know uraidla beat willunga this year in a trial.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Postby Bat Pad » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:14 pm

magpiemaster wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:All entitled to our opinion sunshine. Theres not many posters on here that would agree with you. I'd like to see those teams up against Morphett Vale,Reynella and Brighton and Willunga. Anyway we'd never find out so once again the argument continues....

yer agreed, but just to let u know uraidla beat willunga this year in a trial.

True Magpie, but Morphett Vale also beat Hahndorf. Not a hell of a lot you can take from trial games.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby magpiemaster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 pm

yer i know we lost bat pad kinda why i didnt bring it up. haha
magpiemaster
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Yeah I saw part of that match at Morphett Vale. I knew the result too hints why I bought it up :lol: . Never associate trials with mid-season form. No doubt these sides would cause an upset or 2 in div 1,theres alot of quality footballers around, but I mean consistantly being a threat in div 1 week in/week out would be a serious challenge. Each club in div 1 would have at least 10 ex-league footballers running around their first 21. Saying that I reckon a good game of SFL or HFL is better to watch with the atmosphere and so-on. Each to their own....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby NO-MERCY » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:05 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Yeah I saw part of that match at Morphett Vale. I knew the result too hints why I bought it up :lol: . Never associate trials with mid-season form. No doubt these sides would cause an upset or 2 in div 1,theres alot of quality footballers around, but I mean consistantly being a threat in div 1 week in/week out would be a serious challenge. Each club in div 1 would have at least 10 ex-league footballers running around their first 21. Saying that I reckon a good game of SFL or HFL is better to watch with the atmosphere and so-on. Each to their own....

I doubt that very much LK.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:43 am

Yeah NM prehaps I got carried away. All clubs would have that amount that COULD play league footy though i'd say but different reasons prevent them doing so....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Footy Boots » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:33 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Yeah I saw part of that match at Morphett Vale. I knew the result too hints why I bought it up :lol: . Never associate trials with mid-season form. No doubt these sides would cause an upset or 2 in div 1,theres alot of quality footballers around, but I mean consistantly being a threat in div 1 week in/week out would be a serious challenge. Each club in div 1 would have at least 10 ex-league footballers running around their first 21. Saying that I reckon a good game of SFL or HFL is better to watch with the atmosphere and so-on. Each to their own....

I doubt that very much LK.

what about tanunda could they mix it up in div 1? i dont no much about amatures.
LIFE IS A RACE AND IM IN IT TO WIN IT
Footy Boots
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues