State top 10

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

State top 10

Postby ohh i dunno » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Can we debate a state top 10 clubs in south australia from all leagues

just a thought

saafl top 4
- Goodwood
- Henly
- Salsbury North
- Gepps Cross
SFL top 2
- Cove
- Morphett Vale
GSFL top 2
- Willunga
- Langhorne creek/Strathalbyn
Hills Central top 1/2
- Mt Lofty
- Blackwood???
Barossa light and Gawler top 1
- Tanunda/Barossa districts

This maybe contaversial! would this be about right or only top 7 from saafl and top 1 from hills, gsfl and sfl???? lets see how we go any thoughts??
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: State top 10

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:04 pm

It is quite simple, the top 10 teams in the state are from div 1 with some overlap into div 2.

Put ROCS or Pt Districts(8th and 7th in div 1) in any country league and they would win the comp hands down.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:31 pm

It will be very interesting to see how Edwardstown performs against the top SFL sides this year.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby the big bang » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:39 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:It is quite simple, the top 10 teams in the state are from div 1 with some overlap into div 2.

Put ROCS or Pt Districts(8th and 7th in div 1) in any country league and they would win the comp hands down.

so cove and morphett vale wouldnt even be top in div 2 shrek? :shock:
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:56 pm

TBB I dont reckon either of them would have beaten Modbury. I reckon they would have both finished top 4 but I seriously doubt they would beat them the majority of the time.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Grape Ape wrote:It will be very interesting to see how Edwardstown performs against the top SFL sides this year.

It will be, but from what I hear Edwardstowns side is far different to the side that played SAAFL finals last year. I'd still expect them to figure well and truely in the top 4 though.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby ohh i dunno » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:11 am

I dunno i dont think the saafl div 1 is the bees knees, should be interesting with modbury and mt lofty playing a trial in march.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 am

The Big Shrek wrote:It is quite simple, the top 10 teams in the state are from div 1 with some overlap into div 2.

What about Willunga TBS? I watched twice last year - they are pretty formidable

As for the other sides in GSFL, LC would probably be D2 and the rest of the finals teams - D3/D4 - Nothing like Myponga mud in the middle of winter
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby UNDERthePACK » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:54 am

Boys, I don't think you could look past the Tanunda 2008 team in the BL&G. I would say they would easily be amongst the top 6 teams in the state. Undefeated premiers of last year and won 90% of games very easily and also the grand final (against the side that won the previous two years) by 12 goal. Very Very classy outfit - And I don't even support them
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Postby Redandblack00 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:59 am

[quote="UNDERthePACK"]Boys, I don't think you could look past the Tanunda 2008 team in the BL&G. I would say they would easily be amongst the top 6 teams in the state. Undefeated premiers of last year and won 90% of games very easily and also the grand final (against the side that won the previous two years) by 12 goal. Very Very classy outfit - And I don't even support them[/quote]

Just because these country sides win x amount of flags doesnt make them great sides. The opposition are a joke. Winning by 20 goals most weeks says more about who you are playing than the greatness of the side. Im all for Div 1 / 2 who play against decent sides week in week out.
Redandblack00
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 am

You can never use trials as a true indicator of the standards of leagues. When we were in Div 6 we played Tailem Bend who were premiers that year in the RMFL and we lost by 6 goals. I am not naieve enough to think we are that close to them. Also we have beaten div 4 sides in previous trials, come round 1 they would belt us. Div 1 is the best standard league by far in SA, very rarely do you see massive margins between teams. Also the rep side occasionally beats VAFA, i'd like to see the SFL,HFL or any other rep side get close to the VAFA.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby UNDERthePACK » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 am

Redandblack00 wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:Boys, I don't think you could look past the Tanunda 2008 team in the BL&G. I would say they would easily be amongst the top 6 teams in the state. Undefeated premiers of last year and won 90% of games very easily and also the grand final (against the side that won the previous two years) by 12 goal. Very Very classy outfit - And I don't even support them

Just because these country sides win x amount of flags doesnt make them great sides. The opposition are a joke. Winning by 20 goals most weeks says more about who you are playing than the greatness of the side. Im all for Div 1 / 2 who play against decent sides week in week out.

I am not saying that they played against bad sides, yes probably the bottom two sides struggled this year but still think that these bottom sides could have gone to any other country assoc and been very competative. Tanunda played some really good sides last year and were able to excel, lets get our heads out of the sand and not think Div 1 and 2 are it. Big call but Tanunda would have played finals footy in Div 1
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 am

I think it is pretty much a pointless argument, because you will never get an answer unless teams from other leagues play each other in the season proper. And that will never happen.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby UNDERthePACK » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 am

Chuck Norris wrote:I think it is pretty much a pointless argument, because you will never get an answer unless teams from other leagues play each other in the season proper. And that will never happen.

Agree, Would be good to see a carnival at the end of the year against all SA Country premiers plus D1 & 2. Never will happen because who would really want to play after winning the grand final but just for interest sake would be good
UNDERthePACK
Under 16s

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 am

UNDERthePACK wrote:
Redandblack00 wrote:
UNDERthePACK wrote:Boys, I don't think you could look past the Tanunda 2008 team in the BL&G. I would say they would easily be amongst the top 6 teams in the state. Undefeated premiers of last year and won 90% of games very easily and also the grand final (against the side that won the previous two years) by 12 goal. Very Very classy outfit - And I don't even support them

I am not saying that they played against bad sides, yes probably the bottom two sides struggled this year but still think that these bottom sides could have gone to any other country assoc and been very competative. Tanunda played some really good sides last year and were able to excel, lets get our heads out of the sand and not think Div 1 and 2 are it. Big call but Tanunda would have played finals footy in Div 1

Each to their own,but I highly doubt that.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Bat Pad » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 am

Based on?
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Yetti » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 am

UNDERthePACK wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:I think it is pretty much a pointless argument, because you will never get an answer unless teams from other leagues play each other in the season proper. And that will never happen.

Agree, Would be good to see a carnival at the end of the year against all SA Country premiers plus D1 & 2. Never will happen because who would really want to play after winning the grand final but just for interest sake would be good

Could be organised and set up a comp like the FA Cup. played WED night
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Goldberg » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:18 am

Could the moderators please take this rediculous thread down. Thankyou
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby livefooty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:24 am

totally agree goldberg!!!!
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby Pumba » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:26 am

Goldberg wrote:Could the moderators please take this rediculous thread down. Thankyou

whats so rediculous about it?
Pumba
Rookie

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues