State top 10

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: State top 10

Postby asert » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 am

week before amatuer season rd 1 so youd think theyd be pretty well full strength. i know its only a trial but top four sfl would be around the middle of the pack div 1 along with mt lofty willunga and prob tanunda. any other leagues im not familiar with. i guess we will see when div 2 towns come in this year with their wallet open. they should do a knockout state tournament for all teams who want to enter so that everyone who has a chip on their shoulder about how good the league or team they play is
asert
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby BJ Ernest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:04 am

Its impossible to gauge and will never be solved.

The Div 1 and 2 Amateur leage sides get a good hitout every week so they become better in tight and tough situations and each week they play against quality footballers. This doesnt happen in the country as most clubs have their 5-10 good players then it drops away on the flanks and pockets. That would be the difference between say Goodwood Saints and Tanunda.

You can only beat whats put in front of you on the park. If you want to challenge yourself then put ur hand up for the association game, zone games and test yourself against the best players from around the state!!!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:20 am

asert wrote:week before amatuer season rd 1 so youd think theyd be pretty well full strength. i know its only a trial but top four sfl would be around the middle of the pack div 1 along with mt lofty willunga and prob tanunda. any other leagues im not familiar with. i guess we will see when div 2 towns come in this year with their wallet open. they should do a knockout state tournament for all teams who want to enter so that everyone who has a chip on their shoulder about how good the league or team they play is

They would be destroyed by middle of the road div 1 teams such as Gaza, Gepps and TTG.

Honestly, these teams like Willunga and Tanunda look good because they only have to try every 7th ot 8th game. Guess it's easy to look really good in a bad comp.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby A Mum » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:04 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Guess it's easy to look really good in a bad comp.

Just in reference to that comment (And not who's the best/strongest - I don't really care)
I for one don't class GSFL as a 'bad' comp.
There will always be winners and losers and stronger teams than others.
At least people are playing the sport.
Kids are 'off the streets' etc, etc, etc.
We have strong numbers in every club in the GSFL.
People will have different ways of measuring what makes a 'good' comp and a 'bad' one.
And it won't necessarily be always based around 'winning' or being 'the best'

Proud to be in the GSFL
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Postby Niri or Curri » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:29 pm

modbury play Mt Lofty ever year in a trail apparently and last year Lofty knocked them off by about 5 goals i believe and modbury dominated the Div 2 competition all year. Lofty would definately be considered SAAFL Div 1 standard
Niri or Curri
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby the joker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Niri or Curri wrote:modbury play Mt Lofty ever year in a trail apparently and last year Lofty knocked them off by about 5 goals i believe and modbury dominated the Div 2 competition all year. Lofty would definately be considered SAAFL Div 1 standard
they are playing them again in two weeks. but the side Modbury had in the normal season compared to the side that played lofty is a ten goal different team
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Bat Pad » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:02 pm

the joker wrote:
Niri or Curri wrote:modbury play Mt Lofty ever year in a trail apparently and last year Lofty knocked them off by about 5 goals i believe and modbury dominated the Div 2 competition all year. Lofty would definately be considered SAAFL Div 1 standard
they are playing them again in two weeks. but the side Modbury had in the normal season compared to the side that played lofty is a ten goal different team

Id say so was Lofty's considering they got torched by Uraidla the next week in the first round last year. Uraidla finished 5th.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Bat Pad wrote:
the joker wrote:

Id say so was Lofty's considering they got torched by Uraidla the next week in the first round last year. Uraidla finished 5th.

Lofty are a quality side, but it all depends on the coach... He leaves, they all will follow....
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby ohh i dunno » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:27 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Bat Pad wrote:
the joker wrote:

Lofty are a quality side, but it all depends on the coach... He leaves, they all will follow....

EV have you got any idea the coach at Lofty Ben Coleman was his first year at the club last year. They (Lofty) have won 3 premierships in a row its not the coach its the players, 3 years ago Lofty were Struggling, it was because of a good president that got club rolling again. You would be surprised how many players, quality players want to be apart of that club. Its not about the coach.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:11 pm

ohh i dunno wrote:
EV have you got any idea the coach at Lofty Ben Coleman was his first year at the club last year. They (Lofty) have won 3 premierships in a row its not the coach its the players, 3 years ago Lofty were Struggling, it was because of a good president that got club rolling again. You would be surprised how many players, quality players want to be apart of that club. Its not about the coach.

Didn't actually. Hats of to them for keeping all those recruits and returnees that happened to start arriving the first year of the previous coach.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Footy Boots » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 pm

simply tanunda easily the best in the state
LIFE IS A RACE AND IM IN IT TO WIN IT
Footy Boots
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby interested observer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Quack Attack wrote:simply tanunda easily the best in the state

Who really could beat Goody Saints if they were fair dinkum?
Their recent record speaks for itself......
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Boots » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

interested observer wrote:
Quack Attack wrote:simply tanunda easily the best in the state

Who really could beat Goody Saints if they were fair dinkum?
Their recent record speaks for itself......

tanudna undefeated and the B grade also didnt lose a game. quality
Footy Boots
Rookie

Postby tinginthewater » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:30 am

I think all you people are overlooking the powerhouse Lonsdale Lions, say no more, and thank you.
tinginthewater

Postby Footy Boots » Thu May 14, 2009 3:51 pm

ohh i dunno wrote:Can we debate a state top 10 clubs in south australia from all leagues

just a thought

saafl top 4
- Goodwood
- Henly
- Salsbury North
- Gepps Cross
SFL top 2
- Cove
- Morphett Vale
GSFL top 2
- Willunga
- Langhorne creek/Strathalbyn
Hills Central top 1/2
- Mt Lofty
- Blackwood???
Barossa light and Gawler top 1
- Tanunda/Barossa districts

This maybe contaversial! would this be about right or only top 7 from saafl and top 1 from hills, gsfl and sfl???? lets see how we go any thoughts??

the barossa should be considerd a better standard of comp that the hills considering we beat them in assoc games most years.
Footy Boots
Rookie

Postby Bat Pad » Mon May 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Footy Boots wrote:
ohh i dunno wrote:Can we debate a state top 10 clubs in south australia from all leagues

just a thought

saafl top 4
- Goodwood
- Henly
- Salsbury North
- Gepps Cross
SFL top 2
- Cove
- Morphett Vale
GSFL top 2
- Willunga
Hills Central top 1/2
- Mt Lofty
- Blackwood???

This maybe contaversial! would this be about right or only top 7 from saafl and top 1 from hills, gsfl and sfl???? lets see how we go any thoughts??

the barossa should be considerd a better standard of comp that the hills considering we beat them in assoc games most years.

Why? All that would show is the top 21 in BLG beat the top 21 in Hills. In leagues consisting of over 200 players i dont think that means anything. Depth is the key to a strong league. Besides, isnt the ledger 3 to 5 in Hills favour?
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Postby ohh i dunno » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:21 am

Bat Pad wrote:
Footy Boots wrote:

just a thought

saafl top 4
- Goodwood
- Henly
- Salsbury North
- Gepps Cross
SFL top 2
- Cove
- Morphett Vale
GSFL top 2
- Willunga
Hills Central top 1/2
- Mt Lofty
- Blackwood???

Why? All that would show is the top 21 in BLG beat the top 21 in Hills. In leagues consisting of over 200 players i dont think that means anything. Depth is the key to a strong league. Besides, isnt the ledger 3 to 5 in Hills favour?

I think the BLG will get a rude awakening this weekend when the hills smash BLG, reason being this year it is compulsory to play for association, the squad looks scary on paper.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby BALLHOG » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm

I think the best team in the Hills Football League is Hahndorf they beat Mt Lofty easily on the weekend and would take it up to some Div 1 sides for sure.
BALLHOG
Under 18s

Postby ohh i dunno » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:18 pm

gee thats an early call I wouldnt discount lofty yet come finals time I know where my money will be.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:55 pm

ohh i dunno wrote:
Bat Pad wrote:
Footy Boots wrote:

just a thought

saafl top 4
- Goodwood
- Henly
- Salsbury North
- Gepps Cross
SFL top 2
- Cove
- Morphett Vale
GSFL top 2
- Willunga
Hills Central top 1/2
- Mt Lofty
- Blackwood???

I think the BLG will get a rude awakening this weekend when the hills smash BLG, reason being this year it is compulsory to play for association, the squad looks scary on paper.

I wouldn't write off the BLG so quickly mate, they have a core of 9 teams to chose from as Hills have 16. Several new players and players who have experienced this footy before to play. Its a long way back to Barossa from hahndorf, could be a massive party!!!
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues