Females in Football

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Females in Football

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm

there was a girl a coached in pt augusta a year or two ago in the U/13's comp... gun, was harder at it then the boys...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Thanks for the info KLAG. I coach a girl in Under 10's who is one of my best players. However I feel she loves the challenge of playing against the boys and not sure if she will be keen on a girls team as such, good to hear she has a few more years anyway.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:48 am

My week in Cairns has come to an end, so I’m baaaaaaack! It looks as though a bit of the sun may have followed me back too… you’re welcome ;)

Here is just a quick update on one of the most successful (on and off the field) SA Women’s State Teams to date. Although we lost the grand final, it was a great week all round.

GAME 1- Tuesday 18th June
17.9.111 SA def. Arafura 1.0.0
Goals: Rachael Killian 6, Danielle Cresp 3, Leah Tynan 2, Kirsty Degabriele 2, Ruth Wallace 2, Caitlyn Swanson & Jacinta McKenzie 1
Best: Rachael Killian, Courtney Cramey, Ruth Wallace, Caitlyn Swanson, Sarah Masiero & Sharon Eadie

GAME 2- Wednesday 19th June
6.4.40 SA def by ACT 7.7.49
Goals: Caitlyn Swanson 2, Danielle Cresp 2, Leah Tynan & Rachael Killian 1
Best: Jacinta McKenzie, Ruth Wallace, Bec Campbell, Mel Wilson, Emma Gibson & Danielle Cresp

GAME 3- Friday 21st June
11.6.72 SA def TAS 6.5.41
Goals: Danielle Cresp 5, Caitlin Williams, Courtney Cramey, Leah Tynan, Rachael Killian, Ruth Wallace & Sarah Ellis 1
Best: Danielle Cresp, Courtney Cramey, Rachael Killian, Brooke Copeland, Danielle Goding & Michele Reid

DIV 2 GRAND FINAL- Saturday 22nd June
2.5.17 SA def by ACT 7.12.54
Goals: Caitlin Williams & Leah Tynan
Best: Sarah Masiero, Caitlin Williams, Nicole Mark, Leah Tynan, Michele Reid & Louella McCarthy

- Michele Reid made the All Australian team for her outstanding defensive efforts during the week.
- Rachael Killian won the Melissa Backhouse Medal (Rookie of the year). This is a new award, given to someone who; Is a rookie at the Women’s Champs, is U21 & is also based on umpire votes.

Using your opposite foot may not be a big deal to some, but i have worked really hard during my time with the State Team to work on this. To my suprise, during the Nationals i used it atleast once each game... and have photographic proof :d :d :d I'm just slighty excited about this, incase you can't tell, haha
www.facebook.com/sa.femalefootball ...

www.facebook.com/sfcwomens ...

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:05 pm

I was watching this yesterday. Some of these girls are tough as nails. And it seems like the umps let more go then in the actual AFL.

Good skills too.

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mickey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:30 pm

How come you/they didn't wear the usual state guernsey that's used?
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 pm

HH3 wrote:I was watching this yesterday. Some of these girls are tough as nails. And it seems like the umps let more go then in the actual AFL.

Good skills too.

This is vision from the U18 Nationals in May. Love it! The talent that some of these girls show at the age of U18... The standard of the Women's Nationals are only going to keep getting better & better. I'll have to start putting in the hard yards now if i want to make the state team again in 2015 once these girls start filtering in :lol:

mickey wrote: How come you/they didn't wear the usual state guernsey that's used?

Good question Mickey, and unfortunately it has been this was for a long time so i don't really have an answer for you. I think maybe right back at the start we may have, but for now it's become more of a 'having our own identity' type of thing. Sooooo, to answer your questions... i don't really know, haha.

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:24 am

Though I don't play any more, I still keep up with women's footy and I am amazed at how far the competition has come in the last five years. When I started with Morphie Park, they'd just been kicked out of Unley Oval and had no coach, no uniforms, nothing. There were four teams in the SAWFL and tentative talks about a girls 9-aside comp in the northern suburbs. It is fantastic to see how popular the game is now, and especially the youth development side of it - when I was a youngun I had to play footy with the boys until I got to Year 10, when we did manage to get a high school girls footy comp going. After I finished school I still wanted to play but I had no idea where I could go - I wasn't even aware of the SAWFL then. Now we've got girls' teams in the south as well as the north - Port Noarlunga has one and a couple of girls here at Aldinga are currently recruiting numbers in the hope that we'll be able to field one too. VERY excited about future developments. :)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Appears that Caroline Wilson is going to look very silly for continuing down her path for the Essendon supplement issue.
She won't be the only one.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby footybitch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:04 am

Great to see all the great work put into Female footy these days.

I do feel it a shame that Kelly Underwood doesn't commentate still on TV. Think the commercial channels missed a trick with that one.
footybitch
Mini-League

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 am

footybitch wrote:Great to see all the great work put into Female footy these days.

I do feel it a shame that Kelly Underwood doesn't commentate still on TV. Think the commercial channels missed a trick with that one.

:shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Do you love football?
Wish to add an exciting prospect to your resume?
Want to be involved in growing a strong, prospering Football League?

If you answered yes to any or all of the above, then we would love for you to be involved in one of the fastest growing Leagues in South Australia

The South Australian Women’s Football League (SAWFL) has grown 150% in just three years, with the potential to continue this strong growth next year, and beyond.

The SAWFL is in an exciting position where we are looking for an influx of new faces to freshen our ideas and approach for the future.

Currently the SAWFL is looking for various positions to be filled by interested people with vision, drive & a love for all things 'footy'.

The following vacancies will be required to be filled at the League's Annual General Meeting in December 2013:
•President
•Vice President
•Secretary
•Treasurer
•Registrar
•Board member

If you would like more information or are interested in any of the above positions please contact the SANFL Female Football Coordinator, Emma Gibson, on;
08 8440 6923
emmag@sanfl.com.au

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:02 pm

KLAG great win by the Modbury girls on Saturday night, unfortunately against your girls but its a great achievement for the hard work our girls have done.

Just last year they couldnt get the ball in the FWD 50 against the likes of centrals/westies/morphies etc. Now they can transition from defence to inside 50 and even kick a few goals :lol:
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Footy Smart wrote:KLAG great win by the Modbury girls on Saturday night, unfortunately against your girls but its a great achievement for the hard work our girls have done.

Just last year they couldnt get the ball in the FWD 50 against the likes of centrals/westies/morphies etc. Now they can transition from defence to inside 50 and even kick a few goals :lol:

An amazing effort by the Modbury girls :d Unfortunately I wasn't there as I was in Darwin with the U16 School Girls State Team, but I rang Julie Wells the next morning to express how excited I was for them... even if it was against Centrals :? haha

It definitely shows that MFC are on the right path, and in a few years time they will be reaping the benefits of your U16's & U18's girls teams feeding through. Very exciting times ahead for you club.

As for me... After four years in the making I'm VERY much looking forward to playing in black & white next year... at Salisbury FC :d :d :d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 am

Two new clubs are tackling Female Footy next year... Get excited :d :d

If any other clubs are interested in finding out more information about the possibility of entering teams into the U18's or SAWFL please email me at emmag@sanfl.com.au as I'm more than happy to help.

Image Image

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 pm

:d :d :d :d :d :d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby beeroclock » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:08 pm

footybitch wrote:Great to see all the great work put into Female footy these days.

Sorry but she was no good at it.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:30 am

Metro South will be running a girls competition this year.

It will be an 8 round season starting on the Friday 2nd May.

It will a 9 side competition for Under 12's and Under 16's.

Under 12's will play 2 x 12 minute halves and Udner 16's will play 2 x 15 minute halves.

the set up of teams will be announced shortly but to find a local Metro South club near you jump onto the Metro South junior football league website.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 pm

From SANFL website...

INAUGURAL WOMEN’S ALL-STAR MATCH

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank
Caption: L to R Bronwyn Davey (Melbourne), Courtney Cramey (Bulldogs) and Alex Price (Melbourne)

The first South Australian Women’s All-Star match will be played on the Easter Weekend in preparation for this year’s AFL Women’s Draft.

Following on from last season’s successful Women’s AFL match between Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs at the MCG, the best females from around the State will be selected to play in the inaugural clash to be held in April.

Vision from the SA All-Stars match will then be distributed to AFL selectors prior to the 2014 AFL Women’s Draft.

‘’Everything which is happening now is moving towards the Women’s AFL which is planned to be launched in 2020,’’ SANFL Female Football Coordinator Emma Gibson said.

‘’To see the big movements happening within each state is really exciting. This is the biggest thing to happen in Women’s Football in SA outside of the State team.’’

Nominations are now open for women to attend two trial sessions during March, which will determine who is selected for the All-Stars contest.

The first trial session, at Max Basheer Reserve on March 16, will involve skills and fitness testing before an internal trial match is conducted at the second session at Alberton Oval on March 23.

‘’It will be the best of the best in SA which will be a first,’’ said Gibson, who added a venue for the All-Stars match will be confirmed by the end of the month.

‘’We hope to not only see those talented in football but also elite sportspeople from a range of backgrounds to get new people involved.

‘’In the past, females have played football when they were younger but they have taken on another sport because there might not have been the pathway for them to follow to the top.

‘’Now there is an opportunity for them to go to the elite level in football so we are looking to get back junior talent we used to have or find people playing other sports at elite level.

‘’When you are playing other sports at elite level, their talent and skills can often translate into football really easily.

‘’Discovering new talent in South Australia from other sports will be adding to participation numbers as well as the talent pool.’’

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2379/

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:04 pm

girls.jpg
girls.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby infinity+1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi all, my daughter is interested in playing girls football. Shes 11 years old. What are the options? In Salisbury area if that helps.
infinity+1
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues