Females in Football

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Females in Football

Postby JS SPORTS » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:28 pm

There are many very lovely ladies involved in the SAWFL including safooty's own 'K.L.A.G, I thought the image below of the current Miss Australia in a footy jumper may help increase the pulse of the "male" species on this site.
JS Sports makes "special fitting" ladies jumpers & shorts, just like shown below.

Lady footballer.jpg
Lady footballer.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
JS Sports is committed to deliver the highest level of quality products and services and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
JS SPORTS
SAFooty.net approved advertiser

Location: 98 Rundle Rd Salisbury South, directly opposite the hangars at Parafield airport
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Females in Football

Postby JS SPORTS » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:10 pm

I also note the wonderful job done by many in footy circles in search of a cure for various types of cancer. In Darwin on the Jan long weekend, there is a big Charity Day for 'Cancer Awareness', JS has made the jumpers & socks for the Waratah Football Club, let's hope the day is successful and the "tahs" get up and win! Go you "PinkTahs"!
Attachments
Waratah Warriors Lady's day Guernsey 10.jpg
Waratah Warriors Lady's day Guernsey 10.jpg (219.16 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
JS Sports is committed to deliver the highest level of quality products and services and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
JS SPORTS

Location: 98 Rundle Rd Salisbury South, directly opposite the hangars at Parafield airport

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:32 pm

JS SPORTS wrote:There are many very lovely ladies involved in the SAWFL including safooty's own 'K.L.A.G , I thought the image below of the current Miss Australia in a footy jumper may help increase the pulse of the "male" species on this site.

Awww shux JS, i feel so included :ymdaydream: lol

I'm no Miss Australia, but i do love my footy... and our female cut guernseys out at Centrals are (i know i say this all the time, but) Amazing! :-bd

JS Sports has also come onboard to supply the U16, U18 and Open Female State Teams with uniforms in 2011... so you know they've gotta be good to score three state teams in one year :d
www.facebook.com/sa.femalefootball ...

www.facebook.com/sfcwomens ...

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 pm

if there are any young girls that are interested in playing some footy down South, PM me. There is going to be a 9 a side comp organised in late Feb and run through to March. There is going to be under 13's and under 16's.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 pm

kookas wrote:if there are any young girls that are interested in playing some footy down South, PM me. There is going to be a 9 a side comp organised in late Feb and run through to March. There is going to be under 13's and under 16's.

Great work Kookas! :D For those who are interested, it will be a yr 6/7 and yr 8/9 comp run at Marymount College on Wednesday nights, starting on the 23rd of Feb. This is a completely new comp starting down South... and for the sake of the MSJFL and my ability to run any future programs down that way please, please help this be as successful as possible :d

Hopefully there will be more people like Kookas out there who will help promote this and turn it into a great starter program for junior girls footy down south :-bd

... perhaps JS Sports can supply clubs with guernseys once this becomes a proper winter club based compeititon 8)

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby JS SPORTS » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:59 am

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:
kookas wrote:if there are any young girls that are interested in playing some footy down South, PM me. There is going to be a 9 a side comp organised in late Feb and run through to March. There is going to be under 13's and under 16's.

Great work Kookas! :D For those who are interested, it will be a yr 6/7 and yr 8/9 comp run at Marymount College on Wednesday nights, starting on the 23rd of Feb. This is a completely new comp starting down South... and for the sake of the MSJFL and my ability to run any future programs down that way please, please help this be as successful as possible :d

Hopefully there will be more people like Kookas out there who will help promote this and turn it into a great starter program for junior girls footy down south :-bd

... perhaps JS Sports can supply clubs with guernseys once this becomes a proper winter club based compeititon 8)

Count us as 'in' KLAG, we'd love to do that!
JS SPORTS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Any girls in the southern suburbs interested in playing football, there will coaching clinics the next three Friday nights (1st, 8th & 15th July) at Bice Oval, Christies Beach with the aim of forming a team for 2012.

Starting at 6pm each night - all ages and abilities are welcome.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Media Park » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I don't know how you go for umpires uniforms JS Sports, but we have a couple of lady umpires in Lincoln, then mens outfits just don't suit them.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Any girls in the southern suburbs interested in playing football, there will coaching clinics the next three Friday nights (1st, 8th & 15th July) at Bice Oval, Christies Beach with the aim of forming a team for 2012.

Starting at 6pm each night - all ages and abilities are welcome.

Don't forget about the footy clinics being run at Christies Beach Footy Club over the next three weeks... the first one is TOMORROW :D

All welcome... Auskick to Seniors, everyone come out for a kick!

I will be there with give aways while sharing my 'footy knowledge' to the girls 8) ... Stress less though, there will be others with alot more knowledge than me, haha

When: Friday 1st, 8th & 15th July
Where: Christies Beach FC (Christie Ave, Christies Beach)
Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Ohhh, i also forgot... We (female footy) also have a new facebook page :D

www.facebook.com/sa.femalefootball

Check it out, and 'like' it... please :d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Don't forget about the Female Footy Clinics being run at Chrisites Beach FC tonight and next Friday.

Last week saw a great turn out for the first session. A women's team almost seems a certainty :D Hopefully we can get a few more juniors out there to start a Youth Girls Program.

Come out and have a look to support Footy in the Southern Suburbs.

When: TONIGHT (Friday 8th July) & 15th July
Where: Christies Beach FC (Christie Ave, Christies Beach)
Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am

This week in Football People, we take a look at the best kick in the Riverland, plus the Roo returns.

http://www.countryfooty.com.au/FootballPeople.htm
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 pm

As has probably been mentioned in other parts of this forum, congratulations to the young lady Emma Glouftsis who is the field umpire in the A1 clash this weekend between Henley and Sacred Heart.
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks heaps for the update ORDoubleBlues. I wasn't aware of that. Congrats to Emma :D ... it must be something about the name :lol:

I just wanted to get on here and start spreading the word about the SANFL's NEXT STEP PROGRAM for 2011. In 2010 it was hugely successful. So ofcourse we are making it bigger and better in 2011!

Last year we had ONE girl involved in a program with over 300 participants...

This year we need to spread the word that the program isn't just for boys. It would be awesome to have as many girls as possible this year.

If your son was involved last year while you watched with your daughter, why not get them both out there?

It is a great experience for all involved... The boys loved it, i just wish the girls realised they have the same oppurtunity.

For more info on the 'Next Step' Program please check the SANFL website :d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:58 pm

VERY EXCITING NEWS... (well, i think everything in here is exciting news :lol: but this is REALLY exciting)

Female Footy is heading to the YORKE PENINSULA!!!

Girls and Ladies from far and wide are invited to attend the Inaugural Female Footy comp, starting in September.

This summer comp will run for approx 7-8 weeks, including finals.

No specific age limit is being targeted; ideally we would love to have junior, youth girls, and women's comps... but as this is only the begininning we will go with the flow.

None of this would be possible if it wasn't for the amazingly proactive people behind the scenes. Wendy Ault and Rob Rankine have been the spark igniting this dream, and it would be awesome to see it take off the ground so quickly.

Info for Yorke Peninsula Women’s Football League Information & Come & Try Day is :
Date: SUNDAY 25th September
Time: 11.00AM
Venue: Stansbury Sports & Community Club, Cnr Weaver Street and South Terrace, Stansbury

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me on here, or email: emmag@sanfl.com.au
or, contact Wendy Ault- wmault62@hotmail.com

:d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby AD » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:42 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:As has probably been mentioned in other parts of this forum, congratulations to the young lady Emma Glouftsis who is the field umpire in the A1 clash this weekend between Henley and Sacred Heart.

*Eleni Glouftis
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:10 pm

AD wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:As has probably been mentioned in other parts of this forum, congratulations to the young lady Emma Glouftsis who is the field umpire in the A1 clash this weekend between Henley and Sacred Heart.

*Eleni Glouftis

Apologies.
Obviously wasn't listening hard enough to TV report %-(
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby AD » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:58 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:
AD wrote:

*Eleni Glouftis

Apologies.
Obviously wasn't listening hard enough to TV report %-(

You spelt her last name right though, which is better than I did. :oops:

Her boyfriend is an AFL boundary ump too.
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:08 pm

2011/12 South Australian Female Football Academy (SAFFA)

It's nearly that time of year when the Summer Academy will begin for the Third time. If you are know a young girl who is turning 13 - 18 years old in 2011 (born in 1992 - 1998), please spread the word that we would love for her to come out and trial for the U18 State Academy.

When: Trial is Sunday 16th Oct, 2011
Where: Alberton Oval (Brougham Place, Alberton)
Time: 4pm - 8pm

This year will also see the Inaugural U12 Development Academy! Once again, if you know any young girls who are turning 10 - 12 years old in 2011 (born in 1999 - 2001) we would love for them to be a part of this new and exciting squad. There are NO trials. ALL girls who register will be accepted into the Development Academy

When: First training is Sunday 13th Nov, 2011
Where: Alberton Oval (Brougham Place, Alberton)
Time: 4pm - 8pm

For more info, or to register please contact;

Emma Gibson
SANFL Female Football Coordinator
8440 6923
emmag@sanfl.com.au

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Sooooooooooooo, you may or may not be aware that the U18 Youth Girls State Team is competing in the Gold Coast this week.

What many of you may not be aware of is the fact that SA has made history!!!!!!!!

The Championships started on Tuesday, however SA had the bye. Wednesday was their first game... against VICTORIA! In Women's Football, VIC is years infront of every other state in terms of development and participation. NO team has ever beaten the VIC's in a National Carnival...

SA lead 1.3.9 to 0.1.1 in the first quarter!!!
SA 1.3.9 to 2.5.17 VIC - Half Time
SA 2.4.16 to 3.7.25 VIC - 3/4

Final Score: SA 2.5.17 def by VIC 3.10.28

SA made history by keeping the lowest margin against the VICs. VIC pumps everyone, so to keep them to 28 points is a HUGE achievement!

TODAY SA played the Victorian Development Team.

SA 0.0.0 to 0.1.1 VIC Dev - 1st Q
SA 3.0.18 to 2.2.14 VIC Dev - Half Time
SA 3.1.19 to 3.2.20 VIC Dev - 3/4

Final Score SA 6.1.37 DEFEATED 3.2.20 VIC Dev

WE BEAT THE VICS! Male or Female, it doesn't matter... we all LOVE to beat the VICs :d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues