Community Football Board ***Labelled a Joke***

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Community Football Board ***Labelled a Joke***

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Why do SA Leagues have to be dictated by the Community Football Board. The local leagues were better run when they didn't exist. Can they be voted out? All these small clubs finance a group of incapable individuals who pretty much provide nothing. One particular member has a very healthy salary in excess of $100k I believe... astounding. The leagues within SA need to put a STOP to this now.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Community Football Board ***Labelled a Joke***

Postby Bunton » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:37 am

I've got no problems with the concept of a body overseeing the management, structures, greater buying power etc, but the current mob, don't appear to be doing anything with any teeth. I'll be buggered if I know what they do? If they had any balls, they would be taking a good look at the joke of a structure the Southern League has with numerous 20 floggings going on week in week out for a start. Surley a structure like the mightly Amateur league would be of far more interest.

I've also got no probs with someone running such an organisation being well paid, and assume the only way to get someone capable of doing it would be to pay them well, but suggest the current bloke might not be quite justifying his salary.
Bunton
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 am

Your probably right Bunton, if governed professionally the CFB could be a vital tool to assist the associated Leagues. Its obvious the person in charge at the moment is totally incapable and should never have been appointed. There are also a number of board members who lack the skills and experience to carry out their duties. It the short time it's been running it already needs to be overhauled. Let's hope this happens soon before more damage is done in SA Football.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

I agree totally that the CFB is not acting in the best interests of grass roots footy. An example of their ineptness - the SANFL Central Zone consists of five neighbouring country leagues. YPFL, APFL, NEFL, BLGFL and NAFA. Been like that for years and works well with a CZ director who is currently from the NEFL (Clare) league. In 2006 CZ won the Zone country champioships in Berri so - shock horror - the CFB figured they had better fix that. They took the Barossa and Northern Areas out of the CZ rep team and introduced the Hills Legue. Then they put the BLG with (I think the Murray or Mallee or somewhere) and they pushed Northren Areas in with the Spencer Gulf, Whyalla, Woomera leagues (Northern Cities Zone) and for good measure stuck Broken Hill in there too. It is just too stupid for words. The players dont dig it and heaps don't even nominate to play. To the best of my knowledge there was no satisfactory consultation with the leagues.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm

It's time to name and shame these incompetent individuals who have dragged our great game into the dirt. Hopefully the SANFL does the right thing and we'll see some positions vacant amongst the CFB.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Media Park » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm a little confused with the thread title...

Who labelled the Community Football Board a joke?

Or was this just your opinion ATS?
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Any poor smuck who has had to deal with this incompentant of idiots. Some of them I would not put in charge of a piss up in a brewery.

Our league was fine to this bunch of over paid morons stuck their nose into our league.

We survived for almost 100 years with out them and with in a short space of time they screw everything up.

Everything costs more trust me on that I have seen the paperwork from the CFB in their grab for cash its a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is an old school tie college boys club down there and it shows as they have no frigging idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Sky Pilot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 pm

I fear/suspect many members of the CFB will be swanning around Port Pirie this weekend. Staying, eating, drinking on expense accounts perhaps. Guffawing at their brilliance in running amateur footy in SA.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm

They all looked pretty seedy on Sunday morning I'm told
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi guys, some of you should know the drill about what can and can't be said, even on a public forum.
Anything that has the potential to see this site sued will be deleted by moderators.
You can't defame members of any organisation, whether you think it to be the truth or not.
Hence, some of your posts have been removed or edited.
No one is being precious, we have had no threats but we need to be responsible about what is posted here.
At this stage, we're happy for this thread to continue but please comment about specific issues you actually have with the CFB and not just slagging off those involved.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Fair enough.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

roger that!! wrist justly slapped.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that we are surrounded by incompetent people in all walks of life that affect us directly and although we can talk openly about it at the pub, the golf club, the beach, the laundromat, the bait shop, the service station, the caravan park and its all good. But...........not on a social media platform. Is it because 1000's of people can see the opinions and comments whereas in the other instances only 10 or 20 people can listen in?
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 pm

yeah well I could say heaps about this but obviously I cant put it out there. I will be doing lunch on Friday with a bunch of football guys so I will spruik about it then - tch tch confidentially of course.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 am

Sky Pilot wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that we are surrounded by incompetent people in all walks of life that affect us directly and although we can talk openly about it at the pub, the golf club, the beach, the laundromat, the bait shop, the service station, the caravan park and its all good. But...........not on a social media platform. Is it because 1000's of people can see the opinions and comments whereas in the other instances only 10 or 20 people can listen in?

C'mon SP, you should know about libel torts...and you should know that any time you defame someone, whether it be at the bait shop or with the football people you're having lunch with on Friday, you could be sued. Maybe you're just lucky it hasn't happened to you yet ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Gee... Julia Gillard is set to make a lot of money then. I'm not going to strike out at anyone individually but the entire CFB needs an overhaul as the current group are only in it for themselves and feathering their own nests... a power trip for some. Its no wonder SA football is in strife, surely the SANFL can see this. Lets hope they do something about it... FAST.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Sky Pilot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that we are surrounded by incompetent people in all walks of life that affect us directly and although we can talk openly about it at the pub, the golf club, the beach, the laundromat, the bait shop, the service station, the caravan park and its all good. But...........not on a social media platform. Is it because 1000's of people can see the opinions and comments whereas in the other instances only 10 or 20 people can listen in?

C'mon SP, you should know about libel torts...and you should know that any time you defame someone, whether it be at the bait shop or with the football people you're having lunch with on Friday, you could be sued. Maybe you're just lucky it hasn't happened to you yet ;)

Mate you can't be sued for your beliefs. So if I say (for instance and theoretically only) Neil Craig is a dud coach then he could sue me with some certainty of getting a result. If I say I believe he cant coach I'm safe.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:31 pm

It's a joke totally and yes I will probably get a fine or suspended, received an email today re the CFL in regards to Junior Footy, yes thats Under 6's to U 16's

2012 – 2014
Guernsey’s
All NEW Guernsey purchased must have the Community Football Board Logo
Shorts
All NEW Shorts for juniors require the Community Football Board Logo
Socks
All NEW Socks for juniors require the Community Football Board Logo
The SACFL would expect all NEW shorts and socks as well as jumpers to include the SACFL logo as from 2012

I take it that with all the logos going on everybit of clothing visible that Foxtel will be present and doing a live coverage of the Junior match of the day
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3756 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 pm

locky801 wrote:It's a joke totally and yes I will probably get a fine or suspended, received an email today re the CFL in regards to Junior Footy, yes thats Under 6's to U 16's

2012 – 2014
Guernsey’s
All NEW Guernsey purchased must have the Community Football Board Logo
Shorts
All NEW Shorts for juniors require the Community Football Board Logo
Socks
All NEW Socks for juniors require the Community Football Board Logo
The SACFL would expect all NEW shorts and socks as well as jumpers to include the SACFL logo as from 2012

I take it that with all the logos going on everybit of clothing visible that Foxtel will be present and doing a live coverage of the Junior match of the day

Pardon my ignorance but what is the reasoning behind the CFL demanding that they have their logo on everything :?

also whilst I'm here, What is the aim of the CFL??? apart from waste a truck load of the SANFL & Affiliated league's cash
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:29 am

Gee... sounds like SA Footy is in all sorts according to the Footy Show. Wayne Jackson has been suggested as the only man to get us out of this mess. Probably right too, I know where he can start... By replacing every member of this CFB. JOKE... JOKE... JOKE.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues