Mad Monday Ideas

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Mad Monday Ideas

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 am

Just interested to hear some of the better Mad Monday ideas that people have been a part of in the past. Different themes that have gone off a treat.

Obviously we don't want to set midgets on fire and the day will involve copious amounts of Amber and other liquid intakes but we have done the pub crawl to death.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Re: Mad Monday Ideas

Postby Dols » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 am

IMO the only teams that should be out on Monday are the ones who's players have premiership medals around their necks.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 am

Dwarf tossing
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

wristwatcher wrote:Just interested to hear some of the better Mad Monday ideas that people have been a part of in the past. Different themes that have gone off a treat.

Obviously we don't want to set midgets on fire and the day will involve copious amounts of Amber and other liquid intakes but we have done the pub crawl to death.

Hold it at the club, Get a bucket of plastic soldiers and make sure there are even numbers of each type of figure in the bucket. Attendees pick one out and they must keep the solider on their person at all times. Penalties apply if found to not have one you (Random inspections). Each figure then can form groups for team challenges which can involve drinking games or shots from the boundary the choice is yours...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 am

heater31 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Just interested to hear some of the better Mad Monday ideas that people have been a part of in the past. Different themes that have gone off a treat.

Hold it at the club, Get a bucket of plastic soldiers and make sure there are even numbers of each type of figure in the bucket. Attendees pick one out and they must keep the solider on their person at all times. Penalties apply if found to not have one you (Random inspections). Each figure then can form groups for team challenges which can involve drinking games or shots from the boundary the choice is yours...

I like it. I really hope its at my club as it would be financially a good investment and as the crowd gets rowdy after a few hours and furniture starts breaking maybe thats when we can leave en mass.

We did keno shots a previous year but some blokes where having a shot every 2 and a half minutes 5 or 6 games in a row and it made the pub a mint.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am

Dols wrote:IMO the only teams that should be out on Monday are the ones who's players have premiership medals around their necks.

Chris Newman thinks this idea sucks. :)

I,ll disagree with that one. I think Grand finalists should have a Mad Monday of epic proportions. doesnt matter where you have finished on the ladder its a bloody long season and a few shandis and shenanigans are well deserved after 6+ months of toil.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby fathersonsfl » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:42 am

The only teams that can really organise a Mad Monday well are the teams that are well out of the finals race or the grand finallists.....all other teams would have expected to win, hence no Mad Monday organised.

I tend to agree though.....Mad Monday for grand finallists.
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:37 pm

wristwatcher wrote:[
I like it. I really hope its at my club .

Gaaaaawd! Open up the club Nipper! :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

At least from 12-3 or 4 and get some fancy cocktails in etc. far be it from me to give the big man advice though. My experience with Mad mondays has been that young men quickly lose the value of money and are more than happy to part with it. 50 x 100 = 5K gross.
Perhaps he will anyway. Probably depends how things go this Saturday. If both teams win i think he will be open for a fair bit Sunday and Monday. Part of the problem might be that PNU promote responsible drinking :)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:02 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

At least from 12-3 or 4 and get some fancy cocktails in etc. far be it from me to give the big man advice though. My experience with Mad mondays has been that young men quickly lose the value of money and are more than happy to part with it. 50 x 100 = 5K gross.
Perhaps he will anyway. Probably depends how things go this Saturday. If both teams win i think he will be open for a fair bit Sunday and Monday. Part of the problem might be that PNU promote responsible drinking :)

Also get a poster made up of someone who can't make it, laminate it then try and unsuspecting victims to step on the poster. Penalties apply.....

In my experience after about 6 or so hours everyone hits a wall and ends curled up in the fetal position anyway :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby BurraBoys » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 am

We always do a Friday a week or two after the seasons end
Allows the boys to organise the day off in advance.
We use our "fines" money toward a bar tab and this years theme is "vintage" suit jackets. I know the Agrade boys have been busily working through op shops this week to get a good jackets
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby schimma » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm

This i s my 16th Year at my club and it will be the 16th mad monday. We have it after the last game of the year. no matter what grade. We normally get close to 40+ on it. Normally a theme (dress up) and if its your first pub crawl you get a V on your forehead. If that gets smudged or removed it gets bigger. By the end of the day its a mess. We also pay tribute to people who have passed away with a shot gun tribute and a few good sing a longs.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Wheelchair tipping?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:47 am

Mad Mondays are appropriate for AFL clubs, as they are on a strict regime for 9 months!
Seeing as most guys are on the piss throughout the season/going to Red Square Friday nights before playing, it kinda loses any relevance.
Good luck to those that do it, but I'd only take part as a part of celebrating a flag- ie a 3 day bender.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:59 am

Punk Rooster wrote:Mad Mondays are appropriate for AFL clubs, as they are on a strict regime for 9 months!
Seeing as most guys are on the piss throughout the season/going to Red Square Friday nights before playing, it kinda loses any relevance.
Good luck to those that do it, but I'd only take part as a part of celebrating a flag- ie a 3 day bender.

3 day bender it is then :)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Punk Rooster wrote:Mad Mondays are appropriate for AFL clubs, as they are on a strict regime for 9 months!

Done! I'm on it!
Ps, answer my calls you .....
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Done! I'm on it!
Ps, answer my calls you .....

No voice and lost the ability to speak coherent English. At one point I answered my beer when it was ringing yesterday and I was far from the worst.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 pm

BurraBoys wrote:We always do a Friday a week or two after the seasons end
Allows the boys to organise the day off in advance.
We use our "fines" money toward a bar tab and this years theme is "vintage" suit jackets. I know the Agrade boys have been busily working through op shops this week to get a good jackets
We do the same, named Frantic Friday.

Only do Mad Monday after a GF.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Silly Sunday for losers,

Mad Monday for winners! (If they can tell the difference from Sat night / Sunday / Monday!)
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:47 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:Silly Sunday for losers,

Mad Monday for winners! (If they can tell the difference from Sat night / Sunday / Monday!)

Since when is it Wednesday :shock:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues