Metro West Rules and Regs

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Metro West Rules and Regs

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 am

sprinttospace wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
sprinttospace wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Some might say the karma bus hit Flinders Pk right between the eyes, after they deliberately played 19, sometimes 20 kids against our lads

was a count called by your club on those occasions?

They called a player count but given the scoreline it wasn't much of a deterrence. All it did was waste time

that would have been the 16 white comp during the year then?
wouldn't go comparing these instances of player counting with what happened in the prelim final for the 14 blues.

14 whites it happened. I did say after this that I dont like seeing it happen, particularly when it is a mistake. I reckon if it is after a break and hasnt affected the game at all, which I believe it was, it should just be sorted and play on, especially in juniors.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Armytank » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 am

Agree that just after half time, 13yo kids get confused which way they are kicking, let alone what position they are playing. If no score or play was affected and it was straight after a break, then it is a bit unsportsman like to call a count.

Unless the opposition was made aware of the error and they still did nothing about it, then fair cop.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Rooster » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Armytank wrote:
Why it happened in an under 13's game is another question, but if they are playing for premiership points then fair enough, the kids have to learn the tough consequences of errors at some stage.

Err.. Yeah, that's what I'm asking, this was U13's, personally I wouldn't want to win a GF that way and would have just let the extra lad get off the ground.

We all know the rules and most of us have been in or seen a game where a count has been called, but in the GF, and at Junior level aren't we just getting a little over the top calling for a count in the first place??
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 pm

The Rooster wrote:Last night on the "Rush Hour" with Ricciuto and Dittmar, a gentleman phoned in about an U13 match, Mitcham Vs Plympton, where a count was called 30 seconds into the 3rd qtr, Mitcham who were in front were found to have one too many on the field and had their points wiped. All of this was alleged by this caller so forgive me if these facts are incorrect, by if anyone does know can they please explain why it had to come to this?

It was actually Plympton that had 1 too many players on the field. The Mitcham coach did get given the choice of either telling the Plymtpon team that they have 1 too many on the field and to take him off or to call a count, they chose the later of course.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby sprinttospace » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:14 whites it happened. I did say after this that I dont like seeing it happen, particularly when it is a mistake. I reckon if it is after a break and hasnt affected the game at all, which I believe it was, it should just be sorted and play on, especially in juniors.

It was about 5 into the last quarter. Park's had goaled to go 6 goals up. Too harsh but tough to have a grey rule based on when it happens. Make it the same as the SAAFL rule I say.
Yeah, I dare say it wouldn't have mattered much in that 14 white comp with the way the results went but still shouldn't happen.
sprinttospace

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

sprinttospace wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:14 whites it happened. I did say after this that I dont like seeing it happen, particularly when it is a mistake. I reckon if it is after a break and hasnt affected the game at all, which I believe it was, it should just be sorted and play on, especially in juniors.

It was about 5 into the last quarter. Park's had goaled to go 6 goals up. Too harsh but tough to have a grey rule based on when it happens. Make it the same as the SAAFL rule I say.
Yeah, I dare say it wouldn't have mattered much in that 14 white comp with the way the results went but still shouldn't happen.

Isnt it the same as the SAAFL already?

Maybe if it is within 1 minute of the start of a quarter, just send them off and get on with it
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby sprinttospace » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
sprinttospace wrote:

Isnt it the same as the SAAFL already?

Maybe if it is within 1 minute of the start of a quarter, just send them off and get on with it

saafl doesn't remove the score. rule 28. the league has the power to remove the score once they review the offence during the week other than that 50m penalty against the offending team or the team who called it a got it wrong and get on with it.
sprinttospace

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues