Rivalries

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Rivalries

Postby Northern Monkey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Northern Monkey wrote:seems everyone's biggest rival is Mallala though so I'm leaving them until the last round when they host Hamley

Mallala and hamley is no rivalry unless I've missed the memo :?

Last round of the APFL also features probably one of the most hostile rivalries in the league. Virginia vs Two Wells. Do yourself a favour and go this one especially if the game has a spot in the finals riding on it.

Saw Two Wells v Virginia last month and Balaklava v United a couple of weeks ago. Only leaves three teams and the way Hummocks are going I'll leave them until next year
Northern Monkey
Mini-League

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Northern Monkey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Suri wrote:Walkerville v St Peter OC has always been a good rivalry.

We have been playing for the Peter Franklin Cup for a few years now - when we're in the same division. Peter had a big connection with both clubs before he passed away. He was a junior coach at Walkerville for a lot of years and coached the B grade at SPOC as well. His last game was a SPOC v Walkerville Grand Final (2009) where he coached SPOC to the flag. Very fitting that his last game was between the two clubs he was heavily involved with and the next season the Cup was named in his honour.

When the two clubs play there is always one thing you can guarantee, it'll be played in torrential rain.

Might have a look at this one next year with SPOC going down. Fingers crossed for no rain
Northern Monkey
Mini-League

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Northern Monkey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Northern Monkey wrote:seems everyone's biggest rival is Mallala though so I'm leaving them until the last round when they host Hamley

Mallala and hamley is no rivalry unless I've missed the memo :?

Last round of the APFL also features probably one of the most hostile rivalries in the league. Virginia vs Two Wells. Do yourself a favour and go this one especially if the game has a spot in the finals riding on it.

Saw Two Wells v Virginia last month and Balaklava v United a couple of weeks ago. Only leaves three teams and the way Hummocks are going I'll leave them until next year

Fwiw. The rivalrie games in the APFL are Two Wells Virginia, Mallala United and Balaklava HWE. Poor Hamley have themselves :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues