Direct Debit Fee Collection

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Direct Debit Fee Collection

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:27 pm

The rugby club I play for us this year trialling using a direct debit system for collecting fees.

At my work place we run direct debit memberships through a company called links pay which is who my club are looking to use. Now there is a cost to it but generally it is around 5-10% of your direct debit amount. They can supply all the legal documents allowing the direct debit to proceed and the paper work and debit it's self would take no longer than 10 minutes a week/fortnight once set up.

Our rugby fees are set at $300 for the season (expensive I know) but the minor round season runs for 23 weeks, we will be doing a once a fortnight direct debit of $26 on every second Thursday which will have players paid up by the end of the minor round. If a player chooses to pay cash before the season starts they will be getting a yet to be determined cheaper fee for the season (im hearing it will be $280)

If a members payment failures the system we are using will automatically add a $10 administration few to the players fees for failure to pay.

I'm interested to see how it goes and whether it will become the norm in years to come
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Direct Debit Fee Collection

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:19 pm

From memory we did this at our rugby league club a few years back, and it worked pretty well - especially for those who are notorious for not paying fees!

Also $300 for a season isn't that bad when you compare to other sports.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues