Isobel Redmond

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Isobel Redmond

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:39 pm

She was on the TV news last night

Considering Labor stole most of the Liberal ideas last election, you are not going to see any policies until the election is called.

I still love that Labor stole the desal plant idea and now we dont need it, they've copped the criticism.
Unfortunately for them, they cant turn around and blame the Libs
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby story of my life » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Booney wrote:Does Isobel Redmond make policy announcements? Huh, well I'll be....

you dont often see the words Redmond and policy in the same sentence, well done booney
story of my life
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby fish » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Isobel Redmond is my local member and IMHO she has failed to make an impact locally or statewide.

My Federal member Jamie Briggs seems to get more local coverage than Ms. Redmond does.
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm

fish wrote:Isobel Redmond is my local member and IMHO she has failed to make an impact locally or statewide.
My Federal member Jamie Briggs seems to get more local coverage than Ms. Redmond does.
Good Heavens fish, we live in the same electorates.
You can't really compare directly the state and federal approach - different strategies for different situations is what I think is going on.
Last time around the state Libs announced policies too early and the ALP stole them, or ran up parallel versions far enough out from the poll to undermine them.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Correct Psyber

The Southern Expressway was not on their agenda until they found out the Libs were doing it

Also the Torrens embankment redevelopment - the Tourism Commission was given 2 weeks to come up with any sort of plan for development "No need for details - just come up with a plan and some drawings to get us through"

I wouldn't be releasing anything until a month before the election.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:52 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:She was on the TV news last night

Considering Labor stole most of the Liberal ideas last election, you are not going to see any policies until the election is called.

I still love that Labor stole the desal plant idea and now we dont need it, they've copped the criticism.

No more droughts? Great news.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 2102 times

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Correct Psyber

The Southern Expressway was not on their agenda until they found out the Libs were doing it

Also the Torrens embankment redevelopment - the Tourism Commission was given 2 weeks to come up with any sort of plan for development "No need for details - just come up with a plan and some drawings to get us through"

That's not correct
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby story of my life » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 am

Bat Pad wrote:

That's not correct

When has a Liberal sympathiser ever let the facts get in the way of a good story :roll:
story of my life
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Sojourner » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:19 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:She was on the TV news last night

A pity Jimmy that the ALP did not steal the idea in its entireity from the Liberals - what the Liberals proposed was a plant half the size and to be pretty much an exact replica of the one built in WA at the time saving several million dollars in the process. The further idea was to invest into Storm Water Harvesting as is the case in the Salisbury Council area.

Interesting to see that City of Salisbury are creating yet another wetland project on Main North Rd at Pooraka adjacent to the old train line. The local council seems to able to make these things work, seems reasonable that the government should be able to do the same thing by adjusting the charter of SA Water to include Conservation. Why they wont participate is anyones guess?
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38 am

story of my life wrote:
Bat Pad wrote:

That's not correct

When has a Liberal sympathiser ever let the facts get in the way of a good story :roll:

About as many times as a any other political party sympathiser
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Psyber » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 am

Sojourner wrote:... Interesting to see that City of Salisbury are creating yet another wetland project on Main North Rd at Pooraka adjacent to the old train line. The local council seems to able to make these things work, seems reasonable that the government should be able to do the same thing by adjusting the charter of SA Water to include Conservation. Why they wont participate is anyone's guess?
I think it has something to do with bureaucratic fear of liability, and not being in total control.
They resisted endorsing home rain water thanks to until the state government pushed the idea.
Before that, they made statements to the effect that they couldn't support them because there was no way of ensuring water quality and safety with tanks at homes.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Considering SA Water have to ensure that South Australian's are supplied potable water that meets the national guidelines for water quality I can understand their initial reluctance for 'foreign' water to potentially contaminate potable water supply.

Another way of looking at it is that all solar power domestic installations must be approved by ETSA and exported solar power from a residential PV array must be connected to the power distribution network managed by ETSA by way of an ETSA installed and mandated meter.

SA Water are just trying to do the same thing ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby overloaded » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Redmond has been sent from heaven to keep everyone honest.

Hullelujah
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 am

How many ways can the Libs find to lose unloseable elections. Seriously they need to get their act together.
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Bat Pad » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:00 am

gossipgirl wrote:

How many ways can the Libs find to lose unloseable elections. Seriously they need to get their act together.

They need new blood. The SA Liberals are currently a party utterly bereft of talent. Jay Weatherill currently has the right priorities (IMO) required by a State Government for SA. Now whether he can deliver progress on those priorities is another matter.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics