Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:59 am

Psyber wrote:
shoe boy wrote: I find it hard to believe this national liberal coalition are that close in the polls ?

Well you have to take into account the horrible main alternative...

(I'm thinking of going to a Centre Alliance meeting to see how they stack up.)

Splitters!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby blueandwhite » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Psyber wrote:
shoe boy wrote: I find it hard to believe this national liberal coalition are that close in the polls ?

Well you have to take into account the horrible main alternative...

(I'm thinking of going to a Centre Alliance meeting to see how they stack up.)

Well, one must consider it is a NEWSpoll.....and there surely would be no-one questioning the accuracy of a Poll conducted by Ruperts' flunkies. :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm

When confronted with a fact you don’t like: blame Rupert

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ntial-poll

While the fortnight’s poll suggests Labor would win any election held today, a position consistent with a long-term negative trend against the Coalition, Scott Morrison remains ahead of the Labor leader, Bill Shorten, as preferred prime minister 44% to 31%.

Dutton would have been preferred over Shitten
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:When confronted with a fact you don’t like: blame Rupert

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ntial-poll

While the fortnight’s poll suggests Labor would win any election held today, a position consistent with a long-term negative trend against the Coalition, Scott Morrison remains ahead of the Labor leader, Bill Shorten, as preferred prime minister 44% to 31%.

Dutton would have been preferred over Shitten

Nope. Dog shit on your shoe is more popular than him.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm

He’d still be more popular than Shitten
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:He’d still be more popular than Shitten

No and even you know it .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 am

Scary thing about Anning's current level of airtime is the web toed, banjo playing masses who support him might just rise as a collective from the pile of XXXX Gold cans they reside upon and actually give him another crack at the senate in the next election.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 am

Booney wrote:Scary thing about Anning's current level of airtime is the web toed, banjo playing masses who support him might just rise as a collective from the pile of XXXX Gold cans they reside upon and actually give him another crack at the senate in the next election.

I read somewhere he’s on record saying he doesn’t expect to hold his spot next time around.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:27 am

I saw the assault on him (egg to the head) on Insiders yesterday.

I think the young man who did it will get more than he anticipated.
DOC
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 pm

DOC wrote:I saw the assault on him (egg to the head) on Insiders yesterday.

What was he doing so close?
Forget whether Anning is nutter or not, he should never have been within shoe throwing distance
And, I agree, it was assault. And assault of an elected politician which the courts will double down on him for to discourage mimicking
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Morrison displaying some breathtaking hypocrisy in the last couple of days.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby tipper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Forget whether Anning is nutter or not, he should never have been within shoe throwing distance
And, I agree, it was assault. And assault of an elected politician which the courts will double down on him for to discourage mimicking

well so far the young lad hasnt been charged, so apparently it is fair game to go around egging people we dont like.

you want me to go visit Mr Pyne on your behalf Jimmy??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Grenville » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Was that Georgina Downer I saw behind Morrison today on the news?
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Yes.
DOC
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

tipper wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

well so far the young lad hasnt been charged, so apparently it is fair game to go around egging people we dont like.

you want me to go visit Mr Pyne on your behalf Jimmy??

I think Chwissy would enjoy a good egging
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:01 pm

The Morrison administration has been buoyed by the return of the NSW Berejiklian government but a backlash from voters in the bush suggests Nationals MPs are in line for a battering at the federal election in May.

The Berejiklian government appears set to retain office – albeit potentially in a minority government – in a win that gives much-needed momentum to the federal Coalition. However the surge of support in NSW for the Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party has revealed deep-seated anger towards the Nationals in rural seats.

The Shooters party easily retained the regional NSW electorate of Orange and is likely to snatch the Nationals seats of Barwon and Murray. The Nationals also suffered massive swings of up to 20 per cent in some seats and is struggling to hold on in others.

The Shooters party campaigned hard in the drought-affected regions on the perceived neglect of rural seats by their Nationals MPs, including poor infrastructure, health and communications services and a failure of water management in the parched Murray Darling Basin river system. The rise of the Shooters party comes despite renewed concerns over gun ownership after the Christchurch massacre.

Questions over support for federal Nationals leader Michael McCormack in the final weeks of the campaign also unsettled the NSW Nationals.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Saturday night told Liberal supporters that NSW voters rewarded a government with a strong record on the economy and delivering essential services.

“And in two months from now we will be back here celebrating another Liberal-National government returned to office for the same reasons,” he said.

Liberal senator Arthur Sinodinos on Sunday told the ABC’s Insiders program that the NSW win was a welcome “morale boost” to the federal party. But he conceded the Nationals result in NSW was concerning.

“Whenever any party has seats lost and all the rest of it, you do have to take a look at yourselves,” he said.

“The Nationals party in NSW did deliver a lot of money for the bush but I’m not sure that people in the bush felt that it was too little too late.

“I think we have to look at the results and see … how to make sure that the bush gets a better deal.”

Senator Sinodinos rejected suggestions that the Nationals should take sole responsibility for water issues such as management of the Murray-Darling and the mass fish kills at Menindee, saying it was “an issue for the country as a whole”.

NSW Nationals leader John Barilaro rebuked his federal counterparts in the penultimate week of the state campaign, after internal divisions on coal funding were aired publicly and former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce appeared to question the leadership of Michael McCormack.

Mr Barilaro was returned to his seat of Monaro but on Saturday night took "full responsibility" for the Nationals' statewide result, describing it as "concerning".

Senator Sinodinos said Mr Morrison and “all the other members of the Liberal-National coalition in my view back Michael McCormack as the leader to go into the election.

“He’s earned his spurs, he’s fighting hard every day in there … I think it's important for all National party members to get behind McCormack as we go into the home stretch.”

Mr Joyce, speaking on Channel 7 on Saturday night, said the Liberal Party must understand that “there is a different message in regional areas”.

“Those who want to give rifles back to the farmers and people are winning seats,” he said.

Mr Joyce, the former federal water minister, rejected suggestions by Labor senator Jenny McAllister that the state and federal Nationals had mismanaged the water system.

“It’s the heartland that has come out and said we’ve got some issues that we need to address, we’ve got to stop taking our political advice from the ABC, that will take you nowhere but to opposition,” he said.

“[We have to] make sure that we go and reconnect with the people of Barwon and reconnect with the people of Murray and take our medicine and win them back.”

Federal Labor leader Bill Shorten, whose party is on track for election victory in May according to successive polls, downplayed the federal implications of the NSW election result but said it offered a few lessons.

“The rise of some of those smaller parties and independents show that no major party can take the voter for granted … the lesson for me out of yesterday is to keep putting forward a long term view of the nation, to keep putting forward vision,” he said.

“It’s not enough to rely on the fact that you’re not the other party. You’ve got to offer a positive set of plans.”

Mr Shorten said voters were also tired of “instability and chaos in politics”.

“I think they look at Labor federally and say ‘well we might not agree with every policy you’ve got but we know you are united and we know you are stable’.”
DOC
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 am

Budget

Any thoughts?

It sounds promising. Without the detail, and based on headlines it certainly could sway my vote.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Budget

Any thoughts?

It sounds promising. Without the detail, and based on headlines it certainly could sway my vote.
It's not a terrible budget but I need to look into it a lot more as well.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Budget

Any thoughts?

Chucking me a $1000 or so over a year isn't enough to sway my vote to these clowns, there's more to governing than just finance and these bastards have no social conscience. Morrison is a limp wristed PM by default and nothing more. Frydenberg is the slimiest prick I've ever seen in a federal government ( and that's saying something! ) while rats like Pyne, Bishop and co. are fully aware this ship is sinking and they're off for dry land.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:00 pm

I watched a bit when freydenburg was delivering it in Parliament.
They smug look on scomo was enough to change channel.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics