Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:18 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Country been in recession state for atleast 4yrs. Small business owners will tell ya whats going on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


Household disposable income dangerously low. Disposable income gets spent on small business, which in turn suffers. Cuts to penalty rates have had a devastating flow on effect.

Image
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21109
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 929 times
Been liked: 2174 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Q. wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Country been in recession state for atleast 4yrs. Small business owners will tell ya whats going on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


Household disposable income dangerously low. Disposable income gets spent on small business, which in turn suffers. Cuts to penalty rates have had a devastating flow on effect.

Image
No argument here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 45943
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7758 times
Been liked: 2048 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Interest rates will always be lower under the Coalition 8)

https://www.afr.com/news/economy/moneta ... 604-p51ugh


All good if you've got money.

Low wage growth.....helping the battlers?
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4228 times
Been liked: 7099 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Q. wrote:In many ways this is the most dangerous election in our history. An LNP victory would embolden them and confirm that they can sell any lie, be as corrupt as they wish, abuse any system and still get voted in.


Nek minnit, police raids on journalists. Designed to intimidate.

Image
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21109
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 929 times
Been liked: 2174 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Nah mate she's right.
All good. Nothing to see here.
All hail the overlords.
I like the LNP.
Barnaby does a really good job......
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12092
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 806 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:12 am

Q. wrote:Coalition has internally accepted a loss to Labor and will attempt to govern from the Senate, hence the deals with PHON and UAP. Aim will be to block any changes to climate, mining and media policies.


Labor attempting to govern from the Senate

Albo’s new demand on PM’s tax cut plan https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nat ... 2ceb601bb5
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10533
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 am

(Bit of a self confessed economic dummy here)

The reserve bank lowers the cash rate to give the average punter more money to spend (if the banks pass the drop on) to stimulate the economy because it has slowed or stalled, yes?

The tax reform, currently being pushed through ($1080 to people under $146,000 pa?) seems like an economic stimulus plan, as in a way the government can aid economic growth by handing money out, yes?
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4228 times
Been liked: 7099 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:25 am

Booney wrote:(Bit of a self confessed economic dummy here)

The reserve bank lowers the cash rate to give the average punter more money to spend (if the banks pass the drop on) to stimulate the economy because it has slowed or stalled, yes?

The tax reform, currently being pushed through ($1080 to people under $146,000 pa?) seems like an economic stimulus plan, as in a way the government can aid economic growth by handing money out, yes?


Correct. Ideally you have Fiscal (taxes and the budget) and Monetary (interest rates) policy working together to stimulate (when the economy is flat) or cool (when things are growing too quickly) the economy together. Right now, we have both trying to work together to stimulate the economy.

Fiscal policy is controlled by the government of the day.
Monetary policy is controlled by the independent RBA.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 373 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 am

Looks like we'll get our bribes as early as next week.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4228 times
Been liked: 7099 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Booney wrote:Looks like we'll get our bribes as early as next week.


Funny how those that lambasted Rudd for his handout during the GFC are pretty quiet now
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21109
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 929 times
Been liked: 2174 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:47 pm

But how many people voted Liberal on promise of tax cuts??

Its more that Shorten is a dodgy ****

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 45943
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7758 times
Been liked: 2048 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:27 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:But how many people voted Liberal on promise of tax cuts??

Its more that Shorten is a dodgy ****

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
There all dodgy **** mate. It's just which hooker are we going with.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12092
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 806 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 am

Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:Looks like we'll get our bribes as early as next week.


Funny how those that lambasted Rudd for his handout during the GFC are pretty quiet now


Yet you continually complain about the Coalitions level of taxation?

I welcome any, and all, reduction in taxation. It doesn’t matter what colour they are, you never want to give those people more of YOUR money than you have to.
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10533
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:10 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Booney wrote:Looks like we'll get our bribes as early as next week.


Funny how those that lambasted Rudd for his handout during the GFC are pretty quiet now


Yet you continually complain about the Coalitions level of taxation?

I welcome any, and all, reduction in taxation. It doesn’t matter what colour they are, you never want to give those people more of YOUR money than you have to.


I don't complain, I merely point out the misinformation when people exclaim that Labor are traditionally a higher taxing govt.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21109
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 929 times
Been liked: 2174 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:32 pm

If you chose to run a deficit, by definition, you are collecting insufficient tax to cover your spending.
Being proud that you've run up a debt for the other mob to pay off is stupid.

The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never. Of course they are a lower taxing government.

A labor government leads to higher taxes in the long run. IE: That debt that they ran up needs to be paid off, plus interest.

The labor government is the 3 weeks in Croatia throwing up off the side of a sail boat.
The liberal government is then the next 6 months back at home paying off the credit card bill.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 373 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Trader wrote:The labor government is the 3 weeks in Croatia throwing up off the side of a sail boat.
The liberal government is then the next 6 months back at home paying off the credit card bill.


:lol:
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4228 times
Been liked: 7099 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:54 pm

Trader wrote:The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never.

Yeah, nah.

The Hawke-Keating governments provided three consecutive surpluses in the late 1980s, just before the recession. And the preceding Fraser-Howard government were no strangers to budget deficits as well.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4464
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 1085 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Magellan wrote:
Trader wrote:The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never.

Yeah, nah.

The Hawke-Keating governments provided three consecutive surpluses in the late 1980s, just before the recession. And the preceding Fraser-Howard government were no strangers to budget deficits as well.


As a millennial I don't acknowledge anything more than 30 years old! haha

But good pick up, I was originally going to reply along the lines of the 'traditional' and 'modern' labor parties but then deleted most of that and just put in a simplified response, and failed to correct that section.
Well spotted.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 373 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:12 am

Trader wrote:If you chose to run a deficit, by definition, you are collecting insufficient tax to cover your spending.
Being proud that you've run up a debt for the other mob to pay off is stupid.

The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never. Of course they are a lower taxing government.

A labor government leads to higher taxes in the long run. IE: That debt that they ran up needs to be paid off, plus interest.

The labor government is the 3 weeks in Croatia throwing up off the side of a sail boat.
The liberal government is then the next 6 months back at home paying off the credit card bill.


Keep telling yourself that lie.

Image
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21109
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 929 times
Been liked: 2174 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby cracka » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 am

Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:If you chose to run a deficit, by definition, you are collecting insufficient tax to cover your spending.
Being proud that you've run up a debt for the other mob to pay off is stupid.

The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never. Of course they are a lower taxing government.

A labor government leads to higher taxes in the long run. IE: That debt that they ran up needs to be paid off, plus interest.

The labor government is the 3 weeks in Croatia throwing up off the side of a sail boat.
The liberal government is then the next 6 months back at home paying off the credit card bill.


Keep telling yourself that lie.

Image

So the only time the debt has gone down is from 05 to 06 & 06 to 07. The end of the irresponsible Howard government.
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 360 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest