Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:If you chose to run a deficit, by definition, you are collecting insufficient tax to cover your spending.
Being proud that you've run up a debt for the other mob to pay off is stupid.

The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never. Of course they are a lower taxing government.

A labor government leads to higher taxes in the long run. IE: That debt that they ran up needs to be paid off, plus interest.

The labor government is the 3 weeks in Croatia throwing up off the side of a sail boat.
The liberal government is then the next 6 months back at home paying off the credit card bill.


Keep telling yourself that lie.


It's not a lie at all.
In the last 30 years, labor has only posted deficits when in power.
Liberals have posted both deficits and surplus.

If the liberals aren't the ones paying off the debt, who is?

When labor was last in power (2013/14), they had taken the budget to a position of a 48b deficit, and committed to a number of multi year programs that meant it was impossible for the incoming government to post a surplus in 2014/15.
Since that time, the budget has been pegged back bit by bit to move to a position of surplus and to be able to start paying off the debt.

Yes gross debt has been climbing ever since Kevin 07 got his hands on the budget, but if you look at the numbers each time the libs have gotten in power, they've generally tried to push the budget back to surplus, and each time labor has gotten in power, the budget has moved to bigger deficits.

You'll probably ignore it because its got a liberal logo on it, but the information remains valid:

Image
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 373 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Trader wrote:
Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:If you chose to run a deficit, by definition, you are collecting insufficient tax to cover your spending.
Being proud that you've run up a debt for the other mob to pay off is stupid.

The labor party have never delivered a budget surplus. Never. Of course they are a lower taxing government.

A labor government leads to higher taxes in the long run. IE: That debt that they ran up needs to be paid off, plus interest.

The labor government is the 3 weeks in Croatia throwing up off the side of a sail boat.
The liberal government is then the next 6 months back at home paying off the credit card bill.


Keep telling yourself that lie.


It's not a lie at all.
In the last 30 years, labor has only posted deficits when in power.
Liberals have posted both deficits and surplus.

If the liberals aren't the ones paying off the debt, who is?

When labor was last in power (2013/14), they had taken the budget to a position of a 48b deficit, and committed to a number of multi year programs that meant it was impossible for the incoming government to post a surplus in 2014/15.
Since that time, the budget has been pegged back bit by bit to move to a position of surplus and to be able to start paying off the debt.

Yes gross debt has been climbing ever since Kevin 07 got his hands on the budget, but if you look at the numbers each time the libs have gotten in power, they've generally tried to push the budget back to surplus, and each time labor has gotten in power, the budget has moved to bigger deficits.

You'll probably ignore it because its got a liberal logo on it, but the information remains valid:

Image


I'll ignore it it because you clearly don't understand the difference between net expenditure flows in a single financial year and the value of Commonwealth Government Securities, which the government issues to investors when it needs to borrow money to cover its costs. Ie. What is the point of small net expenditure flows if it leads to a recession?
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Well after a few discussions with various suppliers in different industries.
Despite ScoMo and Joshy not wanting to use the R word, we are in one. One guy said we've been in one for 9 months.
These are the people who know. Those at the forefront.


Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 46165
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7846 times
Been liked: 2073 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:47 am

Q. wrote:
I'll ignore it it because you clearly don't understand the difference between net expenditure flows in a single financial year and the value of Commonwealth Government Securities, which the government issues to investors when it needs to borrow money to cover its costs. Ie. What is the point of small net expenditure flows if it leads to a recession?


I do, and other than being pitifully patronising, it is a load of **** garbage.
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10548
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 488 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Well after a few discussions with various suppliers in different industries.
Despite ScoMo and Joshy not wanting to use the R word, we are in one. One guy said we've been in one for 9 months.
These are the people who know. Those at the forefront.


*Commercial construction sector participant*

With what I'm currently project managing and tendering the next 6 months looks ok, at best, the 12 months after that won't make great reading in my board reports.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44835
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4292 times
Been liked: 7206 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:29 am

Q. wrote:I'll ignore it it because you clearly don't understand the difference between net expenditure flows in a single financial year and the value of Commonwealth Government Securities, which the government issues to investors when it needs to borrow money to cover its costs. Ie. What is the point of small net expenditure flows if it leads to a recession?


Your responses never explain anything. You say I'm telling lies but you don't produce anything to explain why I'm wrong.

This is a discussion board is it not?

Otherwise this place will just become:
Person A: I believe X
Person B: Wrong
Person A: No, you're Wrong
Person B: False.

What do we learn from that?

Rather than being rude and abrupt in your responses, why don't you put forward an alternative position (with explanation) so we can all get smarter?

I suspect (but it could be something else) you don't for one of two reasons:
1) your position is actually wrong and can't be backed with facts and explanation, or
2) you don't understand it enough and are worried you won't be able to explain it further if questioned.

I'm happy to learn more, but with you its impossible to do so.

As for your question, I'm not sure what you are asking.
I said the libs are paying back the debt, you said that was a lie, then in your next post you imply by paying back the debt too quickly the libs are driving us into a recession?

To me, your two posts are opposite ends of the same argument. The libs can't be paying off the debt too quickly, and not paying off the debt at the same time.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 373 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I'm saying surplus/deficit figures are are meaningless and the continual reference to them is macroeconomic ignorance.

The surplus/deficit figures tells us zero about how well a government handles the economy, wage growth, living standards etc. The fact we are in a per capita recession is testament to that.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:08 pm

But, by all means, keep telling yourselves the Coalition are wonderful economic managers while we wallow on the verge of a recession

Image
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Back in the real world; an opinion piece from someone who’s actually smart:

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproj ... ll-shorten -lost
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10548
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 488 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby tigerpie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Q. wrote:But, by all means, keep telling yourselves the Coalition are wonderful economic managers while we wallow on the verge of a recession

Image

There endeth the lesson.
If these so called expert liberal economic managers were in business they'd be on new start by now!
tigerpie
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Trader » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Morell, thank you for confirming exactly what I said.

Labor spends like nothing else, inflating the economy with no regard for the size of the credit card bill.
Liberal then works to reduce that position.

It's easy to live like kings (ranking #1) while you're signing up to 60 month no repayment purchases. 5 years later when its time to start making those repayments, you'll find your lavish lifestyle gets pared back a bit (ranking moves down the list).
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 373 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:03 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Q. wrote:But, by all means, keep telling yourselves the Coalition are wonderful economic managers while we wallow on the verge of a recession

Image

There endeth the lesson.
If these so called expert liberal economic managers were in business they'd be on new start by now!


Steve Bradbury would be laughing at this
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10548
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 488 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 am

User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10548
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 488 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:32 pm

Trader wrote:Morell, thank you for confirming exactly what I said.

Labor spends like nothing else, inflating the economy with no regard for the size of the credit card bill.
Liberal then works to reduce that position.

It's easy to live like kings (ranking #1) while you're signing up to 60 month no repayment purchases. 5 years later when its time to start making those repayments, you'll find your lavish lifestyle gets pared back a bit (ranking moves down the list).


Wrong.

See this post http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2367975#p2367975 that you didn't comprehend.

LNP are borrowing against future budgets, spending it now, and creating structural deficits. Blows your shit Croatian analogy out the water.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Using Gross Debt and then accusing him of not comprehending.
There’s nothing to comprehend.

Not only sanctimonious but downright ignorant about basic economics.
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10548
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 488 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Using Gross Debt and then accusing him of not comprehending.
There’s nothing to comprehend.

Not only sanctimonious but downright ignorant about basic economics.


The wilful ignorance is on your behalf. The figure speaks for itself.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Using Gross Debt and then accusing him of not comprehending.
There’s nothing to comprehend.

Not only sanctimonious but downright ignorant about basic economics.


The wilful ignorance is on your behalf. The figure speaks for itself.


LOL: one week and you don’t even know what wilful means.
July stocktake must have been a bitch
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10548
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 488 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:52 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Using Gross Debt and then accusing him of not comprehending.
There’s nothing to comprehend.

Not only sanctimonious but downright ignorant about basic economics.


The wilful ignorance is on your behalf. The figure speaks for itself.


LOL: one week and you don’t even know what wilful means.
July stocktake must have been a bitch


Oh dear Jimbob, stop digging and grab a dictionary
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 pm

If you're gonna astroturf, at least make an attempt to hide it
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 am

I see the enormously corrupt Angus Taylor is in hot water again.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21124
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 2178 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests