The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby MW » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Booney wrote:Darlington, water pipes behind the sliding wall not connected. :lol:

8)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:27 pm

SA Libs confirm they're selling off the tram and train services. Can anyone remember what happened to them when they privatized everything at their last go? Me too. Goodbye, muppets, thanks for ******* things up further.

The South Australian Government has revealed plans to privatise the operation of Adelaide's train and tram services.

It says it will still own and control "rail assets", including trains, trams, tracks and stations, and will continue to set the fare price for travel.

Transport Minister Stephan Knoll said Adelaide's public transport network was underperforming, with one of the lowest patronage levels in the country.

He said the new model would deliver more efficient services.

"We know that public transport patronage growth has stalled, and customers want a better level of services than is currently provided — and the Marshall Government agrees with our customers."

Bus services were privatised in the year 2000, by then Liberal premier John Olsen.

Mr Knoll said service frequency would be guaranteed and service standards would increase under the new model.

"We will be able to deliver more efficient services so we can reinvest back into the network to provide better services," he said.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Booney wrote:SA Libs confirm they're selling off the tram and train services. Can anyone remember what happened to them when they privatized everything at their last go? Me too. Goodbye, muppets, thanks for ******* things up further.

The South Australian Government has revealed plans to privatise the operation of Adelaide's train and tram services.

It says it will still own and control "rail assets", including trains, trams, tracks and stations, and will continue to set the fare price for travel.

Transport Minister Stephan Knoll said Adelaide's public transport network was underperforming, with one of the lowest patronage levels in the country.

He said the new model would deliver more efficient services.

"We know that public transport patronage growth has stalled, and customers want a better level of services than is currently provided — and the Marshall Government agrees with our customers."

Bus services were privatised in the year 2000, by then Liberal premier John Olsen.

Mr Knoll said service frequency would be guaranteed and service standards would increase under the new model.

"We will be able to deliver more efficient services so we can reinvest back into the network to provide better services," he said.

Fully privatised public transport - would do wonders for local car sales, pity we don't build cars here anymore.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:16 am

It has worked really well with the bus system at the moment. Less services and less quality in service that costs more.

Maybe Transfield will bid for it. They can fully **** up another system in Adelaide.

Thisnis truly going to be great for Adelaide and great for SA.

We should privatise more sevices, I reckon we have a water utility that we still own that we should sell off as well. In fact I'm am a bit surprised that there is a for sale sign at Victoria square right now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 am

I am beginning to wonder whether Lucas can be even more a f***wit than his predecessor.
And that’s saying something because he took it to even greater heights than Weatherill and Snelling!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Stephen Wade is on a good run
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Political analyst on ABC radio, Prof ????? said he should be gone. Clear breach of ministerial code of conduct and monumentally stupid.

However he said he would not resign, Marshall unlikely to sack so move on.

Now, if he leaked to a journo......
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 am

DOC wrote:Political analyst on ABC radio, Prof ????? said he should be gone. Clear breach of ministerial code of conduct and monumentally stupid.

Dean Jaensch???

Heard Wade yesterday and again this morning on radio....

He went to Stephen Conroys school of mumbling
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
DOC wrote:Political analyst on ABC radio, Prof ????? said he should be gone. Clear breach of ministerial code of conduct and monumentally stupid.

Dean Jaensch???

And the Andrew Jarman school of handballing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:04 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Dean Jaensch???

Wade always sounds terrible, to me he sounds like he’s really nervous. Doesn’t project a sense of authority or confidence.

Then again, with that voice I’d rather he was the health minister than a health practitioner.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Lib Govt plans to overturn the archaic GM moratorium. Whetstone will prove to be one of SA's most valuable ministers in over a decade if this gets through.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 am

Good luck SA if DPRV are now looking at black outs over summer

Victoria prone to blackouts this summer as grid wilts
http://www.afr.com/business/energy/vict ... 52jea?btis
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Good luck SA if DPRV are now looking at black outs over summer

Victoria prone to blackouts this summer as grid wilts
http://www.afr.com/business/energy/vict ... 52jea?btis
Victoria are always prone to Blackout over summer. You recall that SA just had a summer with some of the hottest days on record and the lights stayed on expect for local failures on equipment. Which is actually one of the biggest concerns in SA in that old crap shitting itself.

This was because the RERT policy was implemented by Aemo which meant the 2 x 100MW power stations ran in anger for the first time. Essentially what they were designed for.

These units will be sold off soon and will then run like thr other diesel power stations in SA as peaking ststions. They are peoposed to be moved to other locstions and converted to gas and will then be another market player, albeit smaller one.

We have a new liberal government and still where is the energy policy. 5 months and nothing but let's look at the interconnector to a state that is a net importer in NSW.

In saying that Victoria can import a fair bit from NSW if QLD are up and about. SA and Vic are capped at 650MW I believe. They can get a bit from Tassie as well via basslink.

Honestly QLD powers this country at times it really does.
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:23 am

I get there are people out there, particularly liberals, who oppose the Marshall government's land tax reforms on the basis it's anti-liberal and a threat to the economy.

However, I'm not sure starting up a political party in protest, called the "True Liberals," is the way to get what you want.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/08/28/land-tax-rebels-tell-libs-see-you-in-court/
Magellan
Coach

Postby DOC » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:30 pm

So their target vote is people who own two or more investment properties who oppose the changes.

They are bound to get hundreds of votes. Hundreds.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby stan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Are the libs imploding?
stan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:31 pm

stan wrote:Are the libs imploding?

Stephen Wade’s voice box sounds like its about to implode.
Magellan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Teachers having more strike action. :shock: :shock:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Magellan wrote:I get there are people out there, particularly liberals, who oppose the Marshall government's land tax reforms on the basis it's anti-liberal and a threat to the economy.

However, I'm not sure starting up a political party in protest, called the "True Liberals," is the way to get what you want.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/08/28/land-tax-rebels-tell-libs-see-you-in-court/

My only objection to the proposal to revise the application of land tax is applying it retrospectively, apart from perhaps being concerned about how rapidly the tax rises with increasing holdings. The big investors can probably cope with the restrospectivity, or a significantly higher total rate, but I'm concerned about those whose major provision for their retirement has been property investment accumulated over many years under the old rules. One I know was a technician doing regional geographical survey work in the SA public service who had poured everything he had into that as his superannuation plan.

The other thing that irritates me is the dishonesty implicit in coming up with the idea after the election. It smacks of another piece of dishonesty that is rife - disguised Land Tax on the primary residence disguised as "supply charges" - charges that vary with the value of the property are taxes not "supply charges".
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Psyber wrote:
Magellan wrote:I get there are people out there, particularly liberals, who oppose the Marshall government's land tax reforms on the basis it's anti-liberal and a threat to the economy.

My only objection to the proposal to revise the application of land tax is applying it retrospectively, apart from perhaps being concerned about how rapidly the tax rises with increasing holdings. The big investors can probably cope with the restrospectivity, or a significantly higher total rate, but I'm concerned about those whose major provision for their retirement has been property investment accumulated over many years under the old rules. One I know was a technician doing regional geographical survey work in the SA public service who had poured everything he had into that as his superannuation plan.

The other thing that irritates me is the dishonesty implicit in coming up with the idea after the election. It smacks of another piece of dishonesty that is rife - disguised Land Tax on the primary residence disguised as "supply charges" - charges that vary with the value of the property are taxes not "supply charges".

Lucas spent too much time watching Koutsantonis getting away with his bull$hit. Now he's doing it.
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics