Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 pm

am Bays wrote:
Q. wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:With Jacinda Ardern deciding to close all New Zealand schools as of Wednesday, that will leave Australia and Mexico as the only two OECD countries not to have closed schools. When looking at the Mexican President's thoughts about the issue, this gets extremely scary for Australian teachers and schoolchildren:

'But it is the president’s personal attitude that has Mexicans puzzled. He continues to attend mass public rallies, shaking hands and kissing babies. Asked how he was protecting Mexico, López Obrador removed two religious amulets from his wallet and proudly showed them off.

“The protective shield is the ‘Get thee behind me, Satan,’” López Obrador said, reading off the inscription on the amulet, “Stop, enemy, for the Heart of Jesus is with me.”

If Morrison is following the same reasoning for not closing schools as Mexico is, he better have a mighty big Hillsong rabbit's foot!!!


The State leaders will have to take control in the face of LNP inaction.


You realise our rate of COVID-19 infections (0.004%) is lower than Singapore (0.007%) the international benchmark with their healthcare isolation methodology (WHO data)

Our deathrate is exceptional ATM So I think your criticism of ScoMo is ideologically driven not COVID-19 clinically driven.

not saying all is Rosey and there isn't worse to come but criticisms of the collective government responses of both political persuasions are way off beam especially when they are being done in consultation with the CHO.


You are kidding me!!!!!!!! Australia is following the Italy, UK and US projections. The only reason our rate of infections is currently lower than Singapore is that we are three weeks behind them! Please, please, please understand how serious this is by looking at the second graph on this link:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

To compare us with the Singapore policy is a total furphy. In Singapore, everyone has their temperature taken before going on any public transport, into any office building, into any store. Students have their temperature taken twice a day. Anyone with a temperature is ordered home to self-isolate and not allowed into transport, office, shop or school until their temperature has dropped to normal.
Last edited by bulldogproud on Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 162 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:03 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Q. wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:With Jacinda Ardern deciding to close all New Zealand schools as of Wednesday, that will leave Australia and Mexico as the only two OECD countries not to have closed schools. When looking at the Mexican President's thoughts about the issue, this gets extremely scary for Australian teachers and schoolchildren:

'But it is the president’s personal attitude that has Mexicans puzzled. He continues to attend mass public rallies, shaking hands and kissing babies. Asked how he was protecting Mexico, López Obrador removed two religious amulets from his wallet and proudly showed them off.

“The protective shield is the ‘Get thee behind me, Satan,’” López Obrador said, reading off the inscription on the amulet, “Stop, enemy, for the Heart of Jesus is with me.”

If Morrison is following the same reasoning for not closing schools as Mexico is, he better have a mighty big Hillsong rabbit's foot!!!


The State leaders will have to take control in the face of LNP inaction.


You realise our rate of COVID-19 infections (0.004%) is lower than Singapore (0.007%) the international benchmark with their healthcare isolation methodology (WHO data)

Our deathrate is exceptional ATM So I think your criticism of ScoMo is ideologically driven not COVID-19 clinically driven.

not saying all is Rosey and there isn't worse to come but criticisms of the collective government responses of both political persuasions are way off beam especially when they are being done in consultation with the CHO.


You are kidding me!!!!!!!! Australia is following the Italy, UK and US projections. The only reason our rate of infections is currently lower than Singapore is that we are three weeks behind them! Please, please, please understand how serious this is by looking at the second graph on this link:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest


SIngapore is ranked #2 for population density. So it's a really poor comparison.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:05 pm

bulldogproud wrote:You are kidding me!!!!!!!! Australia is following the Italy, UK and US projections. The only reason our rate of infections is currently lower than Singapore is that we are three weeks behind them! Please, please, please understand how serious this is by looking at the second graph on this link:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

To compare us with the Singapore policy is a total furphy. In Singapore, everyone has their temperature taken before going on any public transport, into any office building, into any store. Students have their temperature taken twice a day. Anyone with a temperature is not allowed into transport, office, shop or school until their temperature has dropped to normal.


Q's Chart in the COVID19 thread suggests otherwise.

the FT??? Please, I'll rely on the WHO for my COVID 19 updates.

Keep on the idealogue bandwagon...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 962 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:10 pm

This is really scary in relation to children:

A 12-year-old girl with no pre-existing conditions is “fighting for her life” in hospital after becoming infected with the coronavirus.

The girl, Emma, was placed on a ventilator at Scottish Rite Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday -- just one day after testing positive for COVID-19, the deadly pneumonia caused by the virus known as SARS-CoV-2.

But how she contracted the virus is a mystery. According to her cousin, Justin Anthony, Emma had not travelled recently or come into contact with anyone known to be infected.

Mr Anthony told CNN Emma was gravely ill despite having no pre-existing conditions that would place her in the high risk category for developing COVID-19.

He said the family decided to go public with her case to let people know the disease can impact some children as severely as it does the elderly.


"Kids can get it and I know one who's fighting for her life,” Mr Anthony said in the days before her diagnosis.

Emma's parents rushed her to the hospital emergency department multiple times after she developed a fever that would not break. She was finally admitted to Scottish Rite on March 15 with suspected pneumonia.

Her condition continued to deteriorate and last Friday she tested positive for COVID-19. By Saturday she was on a ventilator, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 162 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:15 pm

am Bays wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:You are kidding me!!!!!!!! Australia is following the Italy, UK and US projections. The only reason our rate of infections is currently lower than Singapore is that we are three weeks behind them! Please, please, please understand how serious this is by looking at the second graph on this link:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

To compare us with the Singapore policy is a total furphy. In Singapore, everyone has their temperature taken before going on any public transport, into any office building, into any store. Students have their temperature taken twice a day. Anyone with a temperature is not allowed into transport, office, shop or school until their temperature has dropped to normal.


Q's Chart in the COVID19 thread suggests otherwise.

the FT??? Please, I'll rely on the WHO for my COVID 19 updates.

Keep on the idealogue bandwagon...


They are EXACTLY the same chart actually; you just haven't read it correctly. The x-axis shows the number of days since each country had their 100th case. The y-axis shows total numbers infected. Australia is sitting on 1 500 after 12 days; Singapore is under 500 after 22 days. To get a really good idea of where we are heading, look at the degree of rise in the curve. You will see we are following similar paths to Europe and the US sadly.
I just hope you can realise how serious this is, and how drastic it is for Australia... for your and your loved ones sakes.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 162 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Government Services Minister Stuart Robert caught lying about the MyGov website crash :roll:
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 pm

am Bays wrote:
Q. wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:With Jacinda Ardern deciding to close all New Zealand schools as of Wednesday, that will leave Australia and Mexico as the only two OECD countries not to have closed schools. When looking at the Mexican President's thoughts about the issue, this gets extremely scary for Australian teachers and schoolchildren:

'But it is the president’s personal attitude that has Mexicans puzzled. He continues to attend mass public rallies, shaking hands and kissing babies. Asked how he was protecting Mexico, López Obrador removed two religious amulets from his wallet and proudly showed them off.

“The protective shield is the ‘Get thee behind me, Satan,’” López Obrador said, reading off the inscription on the amulet, “Stop, enemy, for the Heart of Jesus is with me.”

If Morrison is following the same reasoning for not closing schools as Mexico is, he better have a mighty big Hillsong rabbit's foot!!!


The State leaders will have to take control in the face of LNP inaction.


You realise our rate of COVID-19 infections (0.004%) is lower than Singapore (0.007%) the international benchmark with their healthcare isolation methodology (WHO data)

Our deathrate is exceptional ATM So I think your criticism of ScoMo is ideologically driven not COVID-19 clinically driven.

not saying all is Rosey and there isn't worse to come but criticisms of the collective government responses of both political persuasions are way off beam especially when they are being done in consultation with the CHO.


Considering the decisions are being made by the National Cabinet, made up of the Prime Minister and 8 Premiers and Chief Ministers, of which 4 are LNP and 5 are Labor, one can only wonder what planet you're on other than the new one called MDS
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11151
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 595 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Q. wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:With Jacinda Ardern deciding to close all New Zealand schools as of Wednesday, that will leave Australia and Mexico as the only two OECD countries not to have closed schools. When looking at the Mexican President's thoughts about the issue, this gets extremely scary for Australian teachers and schoolchildren:

'But it is the president’s personal attitude that has Mexicans puzzled. He continues to attend mass public rallies, shaking hands and kissing babies. Asked how he was protecting Mexico, López Obrador removed two religious amulets from his wallet and proudly showed them off.

“The protective shield is the ‘Get thee behind me, Satan,’” López Obrador said, reading off the inscription on the amulet, “Stop, enemy, for the Heart of Jesus is with me.”

If Morrison is following the same reasoning for not closing schools as Mexico is, he better have a mighty big Hillsong rabbit's foot!!!


The State leaders will have to take control in the face of LNP inaction.


You realise our rate of COVID-19 infections (0.004%) is lower than Singapore (0.007%) the international benchmark with their healthcare isolation methodology (WHO data)

Our deathrate is exceptional ATM So I think your criticism of ScoMo is ideologically driven not COVID-19 clinically driven.

not saying all is Rosey and there isn't worse to come but criticisms of the collective government responses of both political persuasions are way off beam especially when they are being done in consultation with the CHO.


Considering the decisions are being made by the National Cabinet, made up of the Prime Minister and 8 Premiers and Chief Ministers, of which 4 are LNP and 5 are Labor, one can only wonder what planet you're on other than the new one called MDS


It's not a vote (final decision making rests with PM), and the cabinet relationship is clearly fractured with NSW and VIC wanting schools closed despite the PMs decision to do otherwise.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby tigerpie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 pm

I'm not an expert but surely kids have to be carriers.
So mum sneezes on kid. Does it die as soon as it lands on the kid. I don't think so.
I heard somewhere it can last up to 9 days on steel surfaces.
So that's every door handle, chair, stair rail etc
Schools have to close plain and simple.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 203 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:48 pm

tigerpie wrote:I'm not an expert but surely kids have to be carriers.
So mum sneezes on kid. Does it die as soon as it lands on the kid. I don't think so.
I heard somewhere it can last up to 9 days on steel surfaces.
So that's every door handle, chair, stair rail etc
Schools have to close plain and simple.


I think it’s 3 hours on steel, glass etc
That’s the worst surface. We were briefed at work by specialist doctor about it
I’ll see if I can find it and post it
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11151
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 595 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:51 am

An interesting timeline of rhetoric for Trump and Trump-lite:

Image
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby tigerpie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Its laughable that the government are saying dont go to centre link but the mygov site has crashed again!
Oops!
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 203 times

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:40 pm

tigerpie wrote:Its laughable that the government are saying dont go to centre link but the mygov site has crashed again!
Oops!


You need to go in to get a CRN anyway.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:I'm not an expert but surely kids have to be carriers.
So mum sneezes on kid. Does it die as soon as it lands on the kid. I don't think so.
I heard somewhere it can last up to 9 days on steel surfaces.
So that's every door handle, chair, stair rail etc
Schools have to close plain and simple.


I think it’s 3 hours on steel, glass etc
That’s the worst surface. We were briefed at work by specialist doctor about it
I’ll see if I can find it and post it


Here you go

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11151
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 595 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 am

I thought this was supposed to be a hoax and it wi be over by Easter.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12651
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 891 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:30 am

stan wrote:I thought this was supposed to be a hoax and it wi be over by Easter.


That's climate change :roll:
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11151
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 595 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:40 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:I thought this was supposed to be a hoax and it wi be over by Easter.


That's climate change :roll:


Image
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:42 am

Flanagan excoriates Morrison's inept leadership

Morrison’s secretiveness and bellicosity in the face of any questioning makes him particularly ill-suited to such a grave moment. When on Sunday night David Speers asked him in an ABC interview a simple, straightforward question that was perplexing many Australians at that moment – exactly what was an essential service? – Morrison disappeared into aggressive evasion, losing much of a national audience desperate to know the answer to this and so many questions.

At the beginning, determined to maintain his hokey everybloke image, Morrison’s messages were not so much mixed as moronic. Why else, when the gravity of the crisis was already apparent and the need for social distancing clear, did he smilingly say he would be going to the football?

As the days went on, the gravity of the situation began to impress itself even on the prime minister, who seemed to grow more rumpled and angry himself, as power seemed to leach away from him to state premiers and the nation fragmented into its pre-federation set-up of six independent states.

Morrison’s consistent failure, his use of language that seemed to exclude Australians rather than bring them along with him, was exemplified by his schoolmasterish put-downs of Australians behaving badly. Last week he raised the matter of panic buying, hissing, “Stop it! Just stop it!” as if he were a primary school principal with ignorant children rather than a leader of a nation of citizens.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm

https://www.crikey.com.au/2020/03/27/labor-radical-plan-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3NgLk9nTSofokvyPN5HqrYSnB1w2UulGt6E8XcGRtPaN4XHr4RyBi-fig

For years, it’s been clear that the collapse of institutions in Australia has turned us from Scotland of the south into an Anglo banana republic.

What was once a relatively robust politics has now been so hollowed out under the pretext of an emergency that we have a pseudo democracy.

We have an ex-military governor-general appointed by a prime minister who has advised him to suspend parliament until August, as this crisis reaches its height.

We have cabinet government displaced by a rolling COAG mashup. Now we have another “cabinet” of good ol’ boys, a bunch of CEOs, with Greg Combet along as a sort of willing hostage.

Using the general public’s widespread disenchantment with politics, and relying on a supine mainstream media and parliamentary press corps, the Morrison government has de facto abolished processes of scrutiny, review and contestation. Guatemala down under.

Labor has made a huge error — strategic and moral-political — in not raising hell about all this. Yeah, I know they voted against the closing of parliament. But only in parliament.

We need the leader of the opposition raising this every time a TV camera is put in front of his face. The fact of an actual and vigorous opposition is now all that is standing between us and a functional soft junta. The absence of such, as Labor grandee Barry Jones noted two days ago (tweeted out by Philip Adams) ensures that such occurs.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 951 times
Been liked: 2291 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Q. wrote:
cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:Punishing people for having an addiction doesn't make the addiction magically disappear. Treating it from a health perspective is a far more successful intervention.

So if I have an addiction (lifestyle choice) then I shouldn't be tested & it's ok for me to drive.


Lifestyle choice? Jesus you're ignorant.

I'm not talking about drink/drug driving.

Just curious as to whether you've seen the last page of the Ben Cousins topic.
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 391 times
Been liked: 403 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests