The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Gozu » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:13 pm

The Labor government now flogging off Housing Trust homes to community organisations so they can jack up the rents and gets the homes off of the government's books:

http://indaily.com.au/news/2013/06/14/p ... ate-rises/

Plus for the government, plus for the community organisations and no doubt a very big negative for Housing SA tenants.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Sojourner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 am

Gozu wrote:The Labor government now flogging off Housing Trust homes to community organisations so they can jack up the rents and gets the homes off of the government's books:

http://indaily.com.au/news/2013/06/14/p ... ate-rises/

Plus for the government, plus for the community organisations and no doubt a very big negative for Housing SA tenants.

Did the ALP not promise that there would be no more Privatisations of Government Services under thier watch?
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Big press conference in Melboure this arvo regarding Holden....
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 pm

I heard Stephen Marshall on the radio tonight - recorded this morning
He did very well and certainly pinned Weatherill and his useless mob.
Weatherill wants him to release his plans
How about Weatherill releases a plan he can keep!!
Who would try to plan a budget 9 months out based on the rubbery numbers this govt serve up every year
And why are public servants so sacrosanct when we cant afford them?
No reduction in teachers, police or nurses. The rest should be reviewed starting with media advisers
Jan McMahon would have 100% of the state employed as public servants if she could.
This govt is heading that way!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I heard Stephen Marshall on the radio tonight - recorded this morning
Who would try to plan a budget 9 months out based on the rubbery numbers this govt serve up every year
No reduction in teachers, police or nurses. The rest should be reviewed starting with media advisers
Jan McMahon would have 100% of the state employed as public servants if she could.

i didn't want my job anyway... :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 am

Jimmy_041 wrote: And why are public servants so sacrosanct when we cant afford them?

Because no one else is employing anyone.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I heard Stephen Marshall on the radio tonight - recorded this morning

Get back to work then ;)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am

Spending time on here on our dime...struth.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Get back to work then ;)

flat out... :D
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:24 am

In a Jimmy_041 led Government, all registered members of safooty.net will be allowed time off to post on here to keep it interesting.
If applicable, you'll have to give up smoking though. I have no interest in that, so you cant have a smoke break and an safooty break [-X
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:In a Jimmy_041 led Government, all registered members of safooty.net will be allowed time off to post on here to keep it interesting.
If applicable, you'll have to give up smoking though. I have no interest in that, so you cant have a smoke break and an safooty break [-X

don't smoke...

my biggest gripe with smokers is why they get so many smoke breaks, but i know if i got caught having a coffee during work hours i would be quizzed!!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:In a Jimmy_041 led Government, all registered members of safooty.net will be allowed time off to post on here to keep it interesting.

Jimmy's Law
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

Jimmy's Law

Jimmy likes Elaine. Jimmy thinks Elaine is hot.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Well done to Premier Jay Weatherill for playing out there in the Slowdown today, didn't disgrace himself either.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Gozu wrote:Well done to Premier Jay Weatherill for playing out there in the Slowdown today, didn't disgrace himself either.

Yeah I give him 10/10 for that! Did he kick three goals? Thought I heard it on ABC radio
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Psyber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:50 pm

It looks like the state campaign is starting about now:

Steven Marshall - State Liberal Leader wrote:
Flexible apprenticeships policy for South Australian students.

Yesterday I announced a series of measures to give students greater flexibility to follow their career pathways and obtain better employment outcomes. Currently, South Australian students who choose to pursue an apprenticeship before completing Stage 2 of their SACE certificate often fall short of completing that Certificate by as little as 20 points. Many students also currently miss school lessons to undertake vocational training and must negotiate time-release from their SACE studies and organise to catch up on lessons missed.

The State Liberals believe that South Australian students should have better opportunities to study a trade AND finish high school.

That’s why under a Marshall Liberal Government, South Australian students will:
• Be able to start a full-time apprenticeship earlier;
• Complete their SACE outside of school;
• Receive a full-time apprenticeship income while studying SACE modules;
• Qualify for vocational vouchers on successful completion of Stage 1 SACE; and
• Attend out of hours classes to complete Year 12.

This announcement bolsters our Action Agenda on Education, adding to previous announcements on entrepreneurial education, an Education Ombudsman and greater levels of local school management. Our Education Action Agenda will result in a more flexible education system that not only responds to the needs of students, but the employment needs of South Australian businesses. A Marshall Liberal Government will make education meaningful and practical so that we can give students more practical study options and better employment outcomes.

Students should not be penalised for beginning their career pathways early, as they are under the current Weatherill Labor Government system.
With our Education Action Agenda a Marshall Liberal Government will have better priorities to get South Australia back on track.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Grahaml » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:46 pm

This is definitely the right time for the Liberals to launch their policies and campaigns. Any earlier and it would have been lost in the glare of the Federal election. Fingers crossed they have a reasonable vision and actually present a decent alternative. It's been so long since there was much of a case to vote Liberal, and that includes a reasonable length of time when I wasn't particularly happy with Rann and Labor. Although the current debacle over the education department and Weatherill's refusal to be a part of the solution is making me think (for the first time) that I'll just vote opposition without having a strong belief the opposition had something really compelling to offer.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby dedja » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 pm

A lot of people don't know who Steven Marshall is let alone what he or the Liberal party stand for.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 am

I can attest that political paranoia is really kicking into gear with our pollies.
Must be something in the wind...
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:57 am

Grahaml wrote:This is definitely the right time for the Liberals to launch their policies and campaigns. Any earlier and it would have been lost in the glare of the Federal election. Fingers crossed they have a reasonable vision and actually present a decent alternative. It's been so long since there was much of a case to vote Liberal, and that includes a reasonable length of time when I wasn't particularly happy with Rann and Labor. Although the current debacle over the education department and Weatherill's refusal to be a part of the solution is making me think (for the first time) that I'll just vote opposition without having a strong belief the opposition had something really compelling to offer.

In my local seat - Heysen - the Libs have just deferred their planned fund raiser until February on the grounds that people seem to be somewhat "electioned out" at the moment. I expect the Libs generally will wait until the New Year to start any campaign.
That also fits to with last time's experience that if you trot out policies too soon the ALP will steal them or come up with parallel ones...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics