Danger - out of control

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Danger - out of control

Postby redandblack » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:07 am

Squawk, we all see what we want to see, so I understand that your version of Q & A is as valid as mine, but she answered every question and was right across the detail.

Surely even you would agree that Tony Abbott doesn't talk detail about this issue, is locked in to the same emissions reduction but won't say how he'll fund it at all and certainly isn't put under any pressure from the media to explain his scheme.

Not only that but he walks out of any press conference he ever holds after only a few questions and knows he has a compliant media he can rely on.

If I'm wrong, how will he make his carbon reduction target and how will he fund it?

Under his scheme, how much worse off will people be in the pocket?

Will he pay taxpayers' money to large polluters?
redandblack

Postby Q. » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:24 am

Squawk wrote:
Quichey wrote:I don't like the idea of censoring reader comments before they are published. It's important to have a clear code of conduct and to employ an effective post-moderation system that centres on addressing specific complaints.

I think it's important to maintain a certain freedom of online speech by not filtering comments.

Better take that STRAIGHT to the SA Footy Moderator's room, Quichey. :lol: A few posters would love that approach ;)

But we use a post-moderation system on SAFooty. The 'Report Post' function allows moderators to address specific complaints.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby redandblack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Intellectual dishonesty is pure poison – A Crikey weblog

« “Is News becoming embarrassed by what’s made News great?”What happens when you tell people they’re about to be oppressed
July 13, 2011 – 5:12 pm, by Jeremy Sear This is TOTALLY NOT THE FAULT of the hysterical polemicists who’ve spent the last six months screaming that Julia Gillard is a LIAR who is going to DESTROY THE COUNTRY and must be RUN OUT OF OFFICE, but here are two revealing exhibits from the respective big party leaders’ speaking engagements today.

First, the Prime Minister, confronted by a woman who just keeps calling her a “liar” who’s “lying” about “not lying”:

What lovely abuse dressed up as a question. She might as well have asked Gillard “Why are you the worst Prime Minister ever? Why do you hate everyone in this country? Why are you planning on selling old people to glue factories?”

Anyway, you’ll note how polite Gillard was to her and how no-one bundled the woman from the vicinity whilst abusing her. In contrast to this young woman who showed up at a Tony Abbott “community forum” and was hounded down the street by Liberal supporters:

Greens voters aren’t members of the community!

It’s almost like there’s some kind of pattern in right-wing behaviour at the moment, isn’t there? It’s almost as if the validation from shameless partisan shock jocks has made them comfortable indulging in the fantasy of being some kind of oppressed people who are therefore more than entitled to abuse anyone who could be described as “left”. The level of hysteria, of self-righteousness, of completely unrealistic persecuted victimhood… it’s getting well beyond what we’re used to seeing in this country.

Another reason I get worried by all the News Ltd published comments that talk about how it would only take one Labor or Green MP… leaving… to force an election.
redandblack

Postby Sky Pilot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Ohhhhhhh I'm just sitting back loving all of this discussion. Apart from Essendon's 2000 premiership I haven't enjoyed anything so much as observing the looney green/left self destruct. Its really beautiful so keep going puleeeeeze
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby redandblack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm

A lone Greens lady supporter attended Tony Abbott's talk today. She asked a polite question, Tony answered her politely.

After that, she was abused and then a Liberal organiser followed her down the street, stalking her. He refused to leave her alone and the lady finished up in tears, phoning someone to come to collect her as she was scared.

THis was all recorded and played on the news tonight.

The man was talked to by police.

As I said, whatever the political viewpoint, this is getting stirred up out of all proportion and could get dangerous.
redandblack

Postby cripple » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Horrible to think that such a thing happens in Australia. Everyone should be entitled to their view without being abused by others and being made to feel frightened.
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby southee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:25 pm

redandblack wrote:A lone Greens lady supporter attended Tony Abbott's talk today. She asked a polite question, Tony answered her politely.

After that, she was abused and then a Liberal organiser followed her down the street, stalking her. He refused to leave her alone and the lady finished up in tears, phoning someone to come to collect her as she was scared.

THis was all recorded and played on the news tonight.

The man was talked to by police.

As I said, whatever the political viewpoint, this is getting stirred up out of all proportion and could get dangerous.

I believe that was a set up.....like throwing a bone into a lions den!!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 868 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby cripple » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 pm

So does that make it ok???
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Postby redandblack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Southee, you believe it was a set-up?

What evidence do you have that this lady could set up a Liberal organiser to harrass her like that.

Mate, just condemn the behaviour, as it should be .

Tony Abbott was fine with it, credit to him. The organiser should be dismissed.
redandblack

Postby southee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:33 pm

cripple wrote:So does that make it ok???

Not ok.... But you would find liberal labor greens the same thing would have happened . Like a glenelg supporter walking into the port magpies cheer squad yelling "you all suck"
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 pm

:roll:
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 1199 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 pm

The only set-up was Abbott's rent-a-crowd dressed up as 'random people from the community'.
Q.
Coach

Postby cripple » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 pm

She has gone to express her point of view, been followed whilst going home and harrassed to the point of crying. I dont care if you gone to a political meeting, footy match or execution of a murderer and rubbed people up the wrong way, there is no excuse for this sort of behaviour and I dont think it would be expected in any situation in Australia.
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Postby southee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Quichey wrote:The only set-up was Abbott's rent-a-crowd dressed up as 'random people from the community'.

Exactly ..... The whole thing was crap and a media beat up.
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby southee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 pm

I would have thought some of you who are so anti - media and beleive the media manipulate stories would have woken up to this stunt.

:roll:

Very suprising.
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 pm

What, the media set it up so that creep would harass and stalk her? Doubt it.

The incident has received very little publicity anyway. Far less than the lady repeatedly calling Gillard a liar today.
Q.
Coach

Postby southee » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Quichey wrote:What, the media set it up so that creep would harass and stalk her? Doubt it.

The incident has received very little publicity anyway. Far less than the lady repeatedly calling Gillard a liar today.

While she stood in the front of the building calling someone to "help her" with cameras and the "creep" next to her......as the drama unfolded. Im sure this was a stunt.

If people on here are saying it was "stacked" with Liberal supporters....why was she there???
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:58 pm

you forgot to mention the bit about the grassy knoll ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 1199 times

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:04 am

southee wrote:
Quichey wrote:What, the media set it up so that creep would harass and stalk her? Doubt it.

While she stood in the front of the building calling someone to "help her" with cameras and the "creep" next to her......as the drama unfolded. Im sure this was a stunt.

If people on here are saying it was "stacked" with Liberal supporters....why was she there???

Watch the footage, she explains it. Even if she was 'asked' to attend and ask a question, how do you explain or excuse Stephenson's remarks and behaviour? You can't.
Q.
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:33 pm

The important point is that Abbott was polite and civil.
[As are my ALP school friends and I when we discuss political issues.]

The problem lies with groups - all groups have their extremists who act outside the limits their leaders would prefer.
How would I get on if I asked unpopular questions at an ALP or Green organised and dominated function?
[As a larger male I admit probably better than the woman - the intolerant tend to be cowards.]
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 397 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics