Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Chuck Wepner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:40 am

stan wrote:Question to the staunch liberals a amunsgt us. Is there actually a chance of an early election?

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk

Without a double dissolution, can't be an election until about March 2016 at the earliest. My guess is, as soon as Tony thinks he can win, that's when he'll press the trigger.
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby Bully » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:30 am

With the fool that wants his job in opposition I don't think Abbott is that worried if he went now if he was Able to announce an election

If albanese was running that show I think he may leave it until the last minute
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:11 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Hard to see Labor winning the next election. I'm not sure Albanese is as popular as some would believe either. They're largely inept and even when they try to make a stand their position seems to very quickly become untenable. Even when they may have a point, it's dead easy for the Liberals to point to the deficit and you kinda imagine Labor as the guilty kid drawing pictures on the floor with his foot.

I personally believe that Liberal winning the next election is the best result. I think they're improving as a government and Abbott himself is becoming more at ease with his role. For his massive awkwardness and the prejudicial hatred so many felt, ultimately I think he'll wind up a reasonable PM. Certainly better than Rudd IMHO. But it feels a lot like they just haven't had the chance to make any inroads on the budget. Some aspects of their tenure have proven successful (the ALP won't dare touch border protection again) but with the ALP, the Greens and Palmer all wrestling over who gets to be the opposition it's been an unusual challenge getting anything passed. Usually you find the balance of power held by some ultimately reasonable people, not several groups digging their heels in like 2 year olds who didn't get ice cream for dinner. Hopefully the next election addresses that balance. If not, I would not be upset to go back again so we can see the back of Lambie, Muir, Lazarus, any remaining Palmer puppets and hopefully a Green or two. I really liked the upper house mix with a government trying to govern, an opposition presenting the counter on every topic (a devil's advocate if you will) and then a group in the middle that weigh up both sides on merit.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby stan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Greens are already starting to look more reasonable with a change in leadership. Dont think that will save them at the next election though.

Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Grahaml wrote:Hard to see Labor winning the next election. I'm not sure Albanese is as popular as some would believe either. They're largely inept and even when they try to make a stand their position seems to very quickly become untenable. Even when they may have a point, it's dead easy for the Liberals to point to the deficit and you kinda imagine Labor as the guilty kid drawing pictures on the floor with his foot.

Dead easy? After they've added $100bn to the debt (35% increase on the debt they inherited) and are projected to add another $50bn by the next election, I doubt they have much leverage in that area anymore.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:45 pm

And to illustrate what a clusterphuck we find ourselves in as voters, both major parties voted in abolishing mandatory reporting of child abuse in detention centres.
Q.
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Goes to show that there really was no "deficit disaster" and it was all pure politics

And I'm so angry at both parties for the handling of the asylum seekers
bennymacca
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Has politics in this country ever been in such a low state as it is now?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Q.
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Nup! Its woeful. Way too much politics...in politics.
Still want these morons out though!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:48 pm

RustyCage wrote:Has politics in this country ever been in such a low state as it is now?

You know that if the greens are starting to sound reasonable that politics has shifted way too far to the right in the past few years. Especially in social and humanitarian issues
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Q.
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:21 am

Politics are at an amazing low perhaps in the country's history.

The major policy of blame someone else just gives you the shits.

But team Australia and the liberal heros are on the case.

stan
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:52 am

Grahaml wrote:Hard to see Labor winning the next election. I'm not sure Albanese is as popular as some would believe either. They're largely inept and even when they try to make a stand their position seems to very quickly become untenable. Even when they may have a point, it's dead easy for the Liberals to point to the deficit and you kinda imagine Labor as the guilty kid drawing pictures on the floor with his foot.

I personally believe that Liberal winning the next election is the best result. I think they're improving as a government and Abbott himself is becoming more at ease with his role. For his massive awkwardness and the prejudicial hatred so many felt, ultimately I think he'll wind up a reasonable PM. Certainly better than Rudd IMHO. But it feels a lot like they just haven't had the chance to make any inroads on the budget. Some aspects of their tenure have proven successful (the ALP won't dare touch border protection again) but with the ALP, the Greens and Palmer all wrestling over who gets to be the opposition it's been an unusual challenge getting anything passed. Usually you find the balance of power held by some ultimately reasonable people, not several groups digging their heels in like 2 year olds who didn't get ice cream for dinner. Hopefully the next election addresses that balance. If not, I would not be upset to go back again so we can see the back of Lambie, Muir, Lazarus, any remaining Palmer puppets and hopefully a Green or two. I really liked the upper house mix with a government trying to govern, an opposition presenting the counter on every topic (a devil's advocate if you will) and then a group in the middle that weigh up both sides on merit.

I will be very" polite" WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, I HAVE JUST WASTED 2 MINUTES OF MY LIFE READING THIS SHIT. 8-}
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:39 am

shoe boy wrote:

I will be very" polite" WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, I HAVE JUST WASTED 2 MINUTES OF MY LIFE READING THIS SHIT. 8-}

It took you 2 minutes to read that? [emoji6]
stan
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:15 am

shoe boy wrote:

dont worry about shoeboy, grahaml. he is billy boys best mate and believes Chris Bowen is a credible replacement for Fat Joe Hockey

But Albanese will do much better then the current labor leader in the next election.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby stan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:44 am

Bully wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

dont worry about shoeboy, grahaml. he is billy boys best mate and believes Chris Bowen is a credible replacement for Fat Joe Hockey

But Albanese will do much better then the current labor leader in the next election.

Leave Joes weight alone. Hes going for the teddy bear look. [emoji6]

stan
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:02 am

Capt of TEAM AUSTRALIA has banned any front bencher from Q&A .
Also any doctor that criticises the Government regarding the conditions or treatment of asylum seekers will be jailed under new laws TONY wants.
That's right the lucky country AUSTRALIA!!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am

shoe boy wrote:Capt of TEAM AUSTRALIA has banned any front bencher from Q&A .
Also any doctor that criticises the Government regarding the conditions or treatment of asylum seekers will be jailed under new laws TONY wants.
That's right the lucky country AUSTRALIA!!!!

Well the ABC and Q & A walked right into it. After the way Joe Hockey came across I think the Liberals needed a way out of that show and environment as really they would also be made to look bad. The problem was that they just couldnt walk away from that media without further media issues. Then comes along this last incident and bang there it is, the golden ticket out.

So whilst I dont think much of some of the front benchers or the PM himself, Q&A have nobody to blame here. They gave the liberal party what they wanted.
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics