Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:19 am

Gozu wrote:Liberal Party MP Andrew Hastie has been sacked from the Army's Standby Reserve for failing to remove political advertising of him campaigning in uniform.

Andrew Hastie has accused the Australian Defence Force of trying to push him around over a refusal to remove photos in military uniform from election advertising, an act of disobedience that prompted the Australian Army to sack the Canning MP.

The high profile backbencher hit back over claims he was politicising the armed forces, accusing former army chief, retired Lieutenant General David Morrison, of doing the same.

"David Morrison politicised the ADF long before I ever put my mug on a billboard. In fact, he hastened my exit from the army into politics," Mr Hastie said of the of the Australian of the Year who gained national fame for demanding women be treated equally within the armed forces.

The former special forces soldier who served in Afghanistan, was sacked from the Standby Reserve, a wing for former active army members, this week after refusing to comply with orders to remove a 2009 photo of him wearing his uniform from election campaign billboards and flyers.

On Thursday, the Department of Defence confirmed Mr Hastie's service had been "terminated" for breaching strict rules designed to protect the apolitical nature of the ADF.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politi ... peva1.html

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/rendezvie ... 004f16ed93
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1082 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:28 am

Gozu wrote:
Gozu wrote:
The Liberal Democratic Party of NSW Senator David Leyonhjelm considered entering an agreement to accept $500,000 from an Adelaide businessman in return for making him a lead Senate candidate for the party at the July 2 election.

Fairfax Media has obtained leaked documents that propose a deal in which Roostam Sadri, a property developer and former abattoir owner, would hand over $500,000 on the condition he be placed in the No.1 position on the Liberal Democrats ticket.

Mr Sadri was this week listed as the Liberal Democrats' only Senate candidate in South Australia and said on Friday that he would launch his campaign with $100,000 in advertising on Tuesday.

The proposed deal has shocked electoral law experts George Williams and Graeme Orr, who described the document as "as blatant as it gets".

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... pazt5.html

On Tuesday, a spokesman for the AEC confirmed the matter had been referred to the Australian Federal Police for investigation.

Electoral experts have suggested the two-part agreement, which Liberal Democrat leader David Leyonhjelm and Mr Sadri insist was never signed, could break a number of electoral laws - even if it was never signed.

"The AEC is concerned at any alleged breaches of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918 and treats such matters seriously. The AEC will review the allegations contained in the article and relevant additional information before deciding on further action," said an AEC spokesman.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... pcb26.html

Old mate David Leyonhjelm. Always has plenty to say. Probably wont here much from him about this from him or anywhere else really.

I asked one of his supporters about this. Not a helpful response.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:55 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Gozu wrote:Liberal Party MP Andrew Hastie has been sacked from the Army's Standby Reserve for failing to remove political advertising of him campaigning in uniform.

Andrew Hastie has accused the Australian Defence Force of trying to push him around over a refusal to remove photos in military uniform from election advertising, an act of disobedience that prompted the Australian Army to sack the Canning MP.

The high profile backbencher hit back over claims he was politicising the armed forces, accusing former army chief, retired Lieutenant General David Morrison, of doing the same.

"David Morrison politicised the ADF long before I ever put my mug on a billboard. In fact, he hastened my exit from the army into politics," Mr Hastie said of the of the Australian of the Year who gained national fame for demanding women be treated equally within the armed forces.

The former special forces soldier who served in Afghanistan, was sacked from the Standby Reserve, a wing for former active army members, this week after refusing to comply with orders to remove a 2009 photo of him wearing his uniform from election campaign billboards and flyers.

On Thursday, the Department of Defence confirmed Mr Hastie's service had been "terminated" for breaching strict rules designed to protect the apolitical nature of the ADF.

Im not aware of where else this had been an issue. Would have thought it wasnt a guge issue but if the ADF have an issue with it and ask you to take it down and you dont. Well what else would you expect than to be sacked.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:46 am

Bill Shorten to next promise to cure cancer
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendez ... 8444662a6a
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Bill Shorten to next promise to cure cancer

I liked the comment that reminded us of "no child shall live in poverty"...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 pm

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Im not aware of where else this had been an issue. Would have thought it wasnt a guge issue but if the ADF have an issue with it and ask you to take it down and you dont. Well what else would you expect than to be sacked.

Seems like its an issue for the first time about one person
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:29 am

Please , an article from Paul Murray!! :-O
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:23 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Please , (sic) a comment from shoe boy :rolleyes:
Just hang around your lefty commentators so you can get a good cross section of comments to justify your own views

Of course, the fact Shorten promised to halve the no of suicides means nothing because Murray reported it
Here you go, even reported in Tasmania: http://www.examiner.com.au/story/341223 ... th-pledge/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Please , (sic) a comment from shoe boy :rolleyes:
Just hang around your lefty commentators so you can get a good cross section of comments to justify your own views

Of course, the fact Shorten promised to halve the no of suicides means nothing because Murray reported it
Here you go, even reported in Tasmania: http://www.examiner.com.au/story/341223 ... th-pledge/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Say it a few more times there jim.
stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 am

stan wrote:Say it a few more times there jim.

I'd blame technology but maybe its a good thing
Shitten just keeps coming out with the same old crap over and over again
So, now we have the Nurses Federation banging on about the health cuts when even the Labor Party have said they wont honour the original pie in the sky
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:Say it a few more times there jim.

I'd blame technology but maybe its a good thing
Shitten just keeps coming out with the same old crap over and over again
So, now we have the Nurses Federation banging on about the health cuts when even the Labor Party have said they wont honour the original pie in the sky

The nurses association are very much against the transforming health program from Captain Jay. Really Shorten can promise what he wants but in the end its really a state issue.
stan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Clive Palmer despite quitting politics says his PUP will keep going. Last election the party fielded 168 candidates, this election just 15.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Jimmy, it wasn't just one side of politics the ADF had an issue with: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/0 ... my-reserve
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:52 pm

And Devine's article...what an over reaction from her.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Jimmy, it wasn't just one side of politics the ADF had an issue with: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/0 ... my-reserve

This election. He's used the images in the past 3 elections and they never said a word
As long as it applies to all political commentary then fair enough

As I have repeatedly said, I'm happy for any church to make a political comment the day they pay tax on the billions they suck
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Away interstate and met up with some interesting character's with interesting views ,Abott/Heffernan/Bernardi/Coonin/Clarke/Cormann/Abetz/Andrews/ just to name a few but was disappointed I didn't get to meet our great deputy leader of our great country Barnaby Joyce .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:28 pm

shoe boy wrote:Away interstate and met up with some interesting character's with interesting views ,Abott/Heffernan/Bernardi/Coonin/Clarke/Cormann/Abetz/Andrews/ just to name a few but was disappointed I didn't get to meet our great deputy leader of our great country Barnaby Joyce .

To bad Biggsey wasnt there. Hes always good for a party.
stan
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:41 am

shoe boy wrote:Away interstate and met up with some interesting character's with interesting views ,Abott/Heffernan/Bernardi/Coonin/Clarke/Cormann/Abetz/Andrews/ just to name a few but was disappointed I didn't get to meet our great deputy leader of our great country Barnaby Joyce .

With the subject of same sex marriage we have the "coalition" religious nuts at odds , and the old far right nuts Bernardi/Cormann/Abbot/ front and centre. 8-}

We also have Turnbull making comment ,and I quote "plebiscite will be conducted in a respectful manner" I have said it before YOU CAN PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG BUT IT IS STILL A PIG.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:46 am

If Morrison and anti-SSM campaigners believe they, and those who are against it, have been the recipients of bigotry, while Wong claims, as an SSM advocate she too has, it kind of goes against the line the Libs have been running that we can have a 'a mature and respectful debate', doesn't it?
Why not remove the chance for this sort of issue and have a conscience vote?
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics