bye bye Mr Rudd

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: bye bye Mr Rudd

Postby redandblack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:56 pm

It will go down in poloitical history as politics.
redandblack

Postby overloaded » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 pm

fish wrote:
our_longreach wrote:Kevin Rudd's reign as saviour of the Labor Party is almost over...

He has dug himself into a hole by lying about what happened in WA and the government will further expose this truth this week. Politically he is finished and all the hard work he has done in the last couple of months building his status and credibility is now a waste of time. Can't see him making it to the election. The Labor party need to win key marginal seats in WA to have any chance in the election. There will be turmoil again as they fight amongst themselves to get yet another leader, perhaps Gillard??

The Labor party will be back to the same old tricks.....

Well longreach after 3 years, 3 months and 3 weeks your prediction re Rudd and Gillard finally happened!

Amen
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby redandblack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 pm

southee wrote:Hes gone!!!!!

Thanks for f**king up the country Ruddy!!! :evil:

Welcome to Southee's world.

Unemployment very low.

Inflation under control

Interest rates still low

About the only country in the world not to be in recession recently.

Hope Gillard **** it up too ;)
redandblack

Postby southee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 pm

redandblack wrote:

Unemployment very low.

Inflation under control

Interest rates still low

Im sure she will R&B....bit of a Ruddy fan there mate???

Obviously your Labour mates had a difference of opinion ;)

BTW...I love my world!!! Come join it one day :lol:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 868 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby redandblack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Yes, Labor politicians had a difference of opinion. Perhaps they're trying to catch up with Opposition Leader Nelson, whoops, sorry, Turnbull. That's it, Turnbull. Oh no, sorry, it's Abbott. I thought it might have been Costello for a while.

I'll leave your world to you, southee, mate, it's a bit too politically one-dimensional for me.

I do give you credit for being a Panthers stalwart, though :)
redandblack

Postby southee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:18 pm

redandblack wrote:Yes, Labor politicians had a difference of opinion. Perhaps they're trying to catch up with Opposition Leader Nelson, whoops, sorry, Turnbull. That's it, Turnbull. Oh no, sorry, it's Abbott. I thought it might have been Costello for a while.

I'll leave your world to you, southee, mate, it's a bit too politically one-dimensional for me.

I do give you credit for being a Panthers stalwart, though :)

Respect where respect is due.....at least you stick with your westies. Just not sure on your political views ;)
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Squawk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm

redandblack wrote:

Unemployment very low.

Inflation under control

Interest rates still low

Southee might be Generation X like me. A generation who, branching out in to the world after school amidst Keating's recession we had to have, was confronted with HECS fees and told to go forth and make good. Do something for yourself and your country, and good luck getting a job.

Since then, women have entered the workforce in the professional ranks. (No problems with that). But the outcome is the double income household which effectively means needing 2 incomes to have the same buying income that one income had for the baby boomers.

These working women now have kids much later. But under the Rudd govt, fear not. Because many of Generation X (after 20 years of hard study and career climbing) have delayed life progressions in the name of careers that have built the economy nicely. So now Kevin et al impose the $150k ceiling, and everything above that seems to be means tested. No baby bonus for those starting families later than the baby boomers. Extra Child Care places cancelled and rebates means tested. On the news the other night they said more and more women are going through IVF as older families become the norm, yet those women who have to go through IVF because they have pursued careers now find that this costs more now after rebates were slashed. Generation x have to compulsorily pay private health or be slugged extra tax. The list goes on and on. I'd love to supply an even more comprehensive list but haven't got the time right now.

So for all their hard work, paying off HECS, living at home to the age of 25+ for many before joining the workforce, then trying to buy a car, a house, get married etc, they now have to pay a lot lot more for their reward. And yes, they also have to pay for their parents to get old and sick, and build a future for their kids through infrastructure and the like. And their grandparents cant get aged care places so they will have to pay for private home help.

Yes, if you are in generation x, you are a member of the sandwich generation. You are paying more for yourself, your forebears and your descedants, and all at once.

So where is the incentive to stick with a career that you've spent 20 years building, at a great financial and social cost? Whilst direct tax cuts may have been applied, the indirect "taxes" have gone up hugely and it means that if you are in the Labor govts $150K plus bracket, you end up with f*** all help and the expectation that you will pay for the country to simply survive. Wonder how many generation x'ers have had enough of being easy targets for the double dip of govt revenue clawbacks and then having to pay more for everything as well? And I wonder how they will vote?
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby southee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Squawk wrote:
redandblack wrote:

Unemployment very low.

Inflation under control

Interest rates still low

Southee might be Generation X like me. A generation who, branching out in to the world after school amidst Keating's recession we had to have, was confronted with HECS fees and told to go forth and make good. Do something for yourself and your country, and good luck getting a job.

Since then, women have entered the workforce in the professional ranks. (No problems with that). But the outcome is the double income household which effectively means needing 2 incomes to have the same buying income that one income had for the baby boomers.

These working women now have kids much later. But under the Rudd govt, fear not. Because many of Generation X (after 20 years of hard study and career climbing) have delayed life progressions in the name of careers that have built the economy nicely. So now Kevin et al impose the $150k ceiling, and everything above that seems to be means tested. No baby bonus for those starting families later than the baby boomers. Extra Child Care places cancelled and rebates means tested. On the news the other night they said more and more women are going through IVF as older families become the norm, yet those women who have to go through IVF because they have pursued careers now find that this costs more now after rebates were slashed. Generation x have to compulsorily pay private health or be slugged extra tax. The list goes on and on. I'd love to supply an even more comprehensive list but haven't got the time right now.

So for all their hard work, paying off HECS, living at home to the age of 25+ for many before joining the workforce, then trying to buy a car, a house, get married etc, they now have to pay a lot lot more for their reward. And yes, they also have to pay for their parents to get old and sick, and build a future for their kids through infrastructure and the like. And their grandparents cant get aged care places so they will have to pay for private home help.

Yes, if you are in generation x, you are a member of the sandwich generation. You are paying more for yourself, your forebears and your descedants, and all at once.

So where is the incentive to stick with a career that you've spent 20 years building, at a great financial and social cost? Whilst direct tax cuts may have been applied, the indirect "taxes" have gone up hugely and it means that if you are in the Labor govts $150K plus bracket, you end up with f*** all help and the expectation that you will pay for the country to simply survive. Wonder how many generation x'ers have had enough of being easy targets for the double dip of govt revenue clawbacks and then having to pay more for everything as well? And I wonder how they will vote?

One of the greatest posts ever on SAFooty......welcome to my world Squawk!!

Says it all...... =D>
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby mick » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Squawk wrote:
redandblack wrote:

Unemployment very low.

Inflation under control

Interest rates still low

My memory is going who introduced HECS?
mick
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Dirko » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:35 pm

All this hoo-haa about being a historical day, first female Prime Minister etc etc is just crap.

If she got in there, voted by the people, then fair enough, but to crap on about what a magnificent day it is for women etc when she rode in on the coat tails of a faction, with the people having no say in the matter is just rubbish.

Says a lot about the way our government system is run when we can get a new Prime Minister, and the nation has no say it the matter at all.
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby southee » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:45 pm

The Prime Minister we were made to have!!!! :roll:
southee
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 am

If they have any sense they'll call an election sooner rather than later and we'll have to make a choice soon anyway.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Squawk » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 am

mick wrote:My memory is going who introduced HECS?

It came in in 1989. A Labor initiative. Making a contribution to your education is fair enough, but if you have to spend 10 years paying for it and another howver many more getting on your financial feet, then you need some incentives to look forward to in life. Fast forward 20 years and the message has changed from "gone forth and do good" to "well done, now give more. And more. And a bit more." :evil:

Squawk
Assistant Coach

Postby Squawk » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 am

Quichey wrote:If they have any sense they'll call an election sooner rather than later and we'll have to make a choice soon anyway.

I reckon Sept 4 or 18 are good chances. I know the feds want some certain things in the bag by July 30 - some nice announceables (all going well) - and that deadline is in steel-reinforced concrete with no possibility of extensions. An election on Sept 11, I just cant imagine purely because of the date, and after that its football finals. So that would mean October if Sept wasn't the go, and that's starting to stretch the honeymoon period.

Squawk
Assistant Coach

Postby redandblack » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 am

Squawk and Southee, you're right, it might be a generation thing.

As a Baby Boomer, it's never occurred to me that your lives are so difficult as you struggle along on over $150,000. And not getting the Baby Bonus :shock: Of course, that didn't exist for Baby Boomers. There used to be a Child Endowment, which was a pittance. And extra Child Care places cancelled - what were Child Care places? And rebates means tested! What were rebates?

You're right, having to pay a private health insurance levy just because you're in a top income bracket is a disgrace.

Last I looked, it wasn't "Labor's $150K plus bracket", unless you'll agree it was the Liberal's $100K plus bracket. I presume you're pissed off that Labor raised the limit?

And you're the sandwich generation, looking after yourself and paying for your parents to get old and sick.

And your employers paying superannuation for you (courtesy of you beloved Paul Keating).

And where did you get the idea that Baby Boomers only generally had only one wage earner?

You're right, you are Generation X ;)
redandblack

Postby Magpiespower » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 am

There's been a Federal outbreak of the insidious, flesh-eating soul-destroying virus known as NSW Labor. This nasty little parasite attacks when you least expect it, nibbles away its host for years and leaves an exhausted, decaying, unrecognizable mess. There is no cure.

Now I'm no great fan of Rudd - Biff Latham summed him perfectly with typical bile and vemon in his diaries - but I'd take him over the factional grubs and thugs who would still be rotting in opposition and backstabbing for pre-selection without him.

Really hope Kev exacts a bloody backbench revenge.

One of the knocks against him is his autocratic style. Apparently, he wouldn't take on board the wise counsel of senior Labor figures. These would be the grand sages that had their pants pulled down by Howard and co. at four consecutive elections?

Can someone please let me know when the canonisation of St. Julia is done and dusted? Patron saint of...

Abbott just got my vote.
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby redandblack » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 am

Abbott already had your vote.
redandblack

Postby Magpiespower » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 am

redandblack wrote:Abbott already had your vote.

Almost. Not quite. Fatty O'Barrell had it months ago.

Watching footage of Shorten and his mates working the phones made me sick.

First time Liberal voter...
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby redandblack » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 am

Mate, I naturally accept your word, but it's my long experience that people whose posts just consist of bile against a long list of Labor politicians and whose description of events fit perfectly the current Liberal line, aren't usually Labor voters.

Your description of Rudd also somehow makes it hard to believe you voted for him.

Obviously you did, though, so I must be mistaken.
redandblack

Postby Voice » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 am

redandblack wrote:Squawk and Southee, you're right, it might be a generation thing.

As a Baby Boomer, it's never occurred to me that your lives are so difficult as you struggle along on over $150,000. And not getting the Baby Bonus :shock: Of course, that didn't exist for Baby Boomers. There used to be a Child Endowment, which was a pittance. And extra Child Care places cancelled - what were Child Care places? And rebates means tested! What were rebates?

You're right, having to pay a private health insurance levy just because you're in a top income bracket is a disgrace.

Last I looked, it wasn't "Labor's $150K plus bracket", unless you'll agree it was the Liberal's $100K plus bracket. I presume you're pissed off that Labor raised the limit?

And you're the sandwich generation, looking after yourself and paying for your parents to get old and sick.

And your employers paying superannuation for you (courtesy of you beloved Paul Keating).

And where did you get the idea that Baby Boomers only generally had only one wage earner?

You're right, you are Generation X ;)

I'm a gen x'er and I'd love to earn enough to be means tested. It'll probably never happen as my mummy didn't let me stay at home until I was over 25 as per squawk :roll: :lol:
Voice
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics