Peter Slipper

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Peter Slipper

Postby Sojourner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 am

What has blown up in the Liberals faces? - The graphic content of Peter Slippers Text Messages now fully aired in public?.... - Good luck with that.
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

So, all those stories of him having his snout in the trough have been blown out of the water as well?

I dont care which party they belong to - get rid of the leeches
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1087 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Gozu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Come on you two at least attempt to approach it from an objective point of view.

The judge was scathing in his description of this clearly being a political attack.

No one denys Slipper is trash, I've said on here before the ALP own the bloke now for sliding up along side the cretin so they could knife Wilkie.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Read a fair bit about James Ashby of late. Vexnews has a fair expose on that guy

http://www.vexnews.com/2012/12/slitherer-squished-federal-court-annihilates-james-ashby-and-his-lawyer-of-sleaze/
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 538 times
Been liked: 560 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Don't bother with Slanderyou, Vex News rots your brain.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Gozu wrote:Don't bother with Slanderyou, Vex News rots your brain.

I think I'm already there.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 538 times
Been liked: 560 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:So, all those stories of him having his snout in the trough have been blown out of the water as well?

I dont care which party they belong to - get rid of the leeches

You'd have to get rid of them all. Well...a large majority.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Psyber » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:14 pm

There is probably another chapter to come on this one, although the politicians may lose interest in it.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Gozu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Mal Brough and James Ashby may have lost their court case, but they've achieved their aim: Peter Slipper has been discredited and the Coalition is likely to win back his seat, writes Ben Eltham

http://newmatilda.com/2012/12/13/slippe ... lition-win
Gozu
Coach

Postby Sojourner » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 am

Gozu wrote:Don't bother with Slanderyou, Vex News rots your brain.

x2
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Gozu » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:28 am

MAL Brough faces a federal police investigation into allegations he encouraged former speaker Peter Slipper's staff to leak sensitive diaries in a "political conspiracy" to bring down the government.

The Gillard government has authorised a Queensland Labor MP, Graham Perrett, to refer the matter to Australian Federal Police Commissioner Tony Negus, claiming the Liberals may also have breached laws prohibiting the harming of a public official, an offence that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, or acted as an accessory to the conspiracy.

Labor accuses Mr Brough, a former Liberal minister, of "procuring" the Slipper diaries in breach of sections of the Crimes Act prohibiting unauthorised access to restricted data, an offence carrying a maximum two-year sentence.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/alp-calls ... 6542407719
Gozu
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Brough is a Queenslander so we should cut him a bit of slack I guess
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nati ... 6549056082

FORMER Speaker Peter Slipper could face the possibility of a jail sentence if found guilty of offences after being summonsed to appear in court over allegations he rorted his Cabcharge entitlements.

After an investigation lasting nearly nine months, the Australian Federal Police said it had served Mr Slipper with a summons "in relation to three offences of Dishonestly Causing a Risk of a Loss to the Commonwealth".

The alleged offences would breach the Commonwealth Criminal Code, if proven, and carry a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment.

The legal setback for Mr Slipper comes just a few weeks after the former Speaker had a major victory in the Federal Court when allegations of sexual harassment were thrown out.

Those allegations were brought by a former adviser, James Ashby, who also alleged that he witnessed Mr Slipper signing blank Cabcharge dockets during several visits to Sydney in early 2012.

The AFP, after an initial investigation, referred matters to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions.

In a statement, the DPP said it could "confirm that the AFP have sworn an information and summons which alleges three offences against section 135.1(5) of the Criminal Code (Cth) in relation to allegations concerning the use of Cabcharges by Mr Slipper".

The DPP said it would be "inappropriate to comment further" as the matter was before the Canberra Magistrates Court.

The former Speaker has been forced to repay more than $20,000 during the past decade in relation to family travel and other entitlement perks.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:59 pm

looks like the AFP trying to sink the slipper in :lol:
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics