Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott Watch

Postby shoe boy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Politics aside our intelligence gathering bureau has always operated independently from Liberal/National , Greens , Independent ,Labour , whoever governs but when you are in Government you must show diligence in dealing with our neighbours and in the past 6 days are so called leader has shown none. Firstly with the Tamils and now with Indonesia how hard is it for this bloke and the circus he leads to apologize, the same mob that couldn't apologize to our own indigenous people.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bully » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:00 pm

shoe boy wrote:Politics aside our intelligence gathering bureau has always operated independently from Liberal/National , Greens , Independent ,Labour , whoever governs but when you are in Government you must show diligence in dealing with our neighbours and in the past 6 days are so called leader has shown none. Firstly with the Tamils and now with Indonesia how hard is it for this bloke and the circus he leads to apologize, the same mob that couldn't apologize to our own indigenous people.

yeah, and the previous labor governments in the past also said sorry ;).............................................

Yet again, all the libs fault from you....

Did you lose your seat in the past election or something?
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:09 pm

shoe boy wrote:Politics aside our intelligence gathering bureau has always operated independently from Liberal/National , Greens , Independent ,Labour , whoever governs but when you are in Government you must show diligence in dealing with our neighbours and in the past 6 days are so called leader has shown none. Firstly with the Tamils and now with Indonesia how hard is it for this bloke and the circus he leads to apologize, the same mob that couldn't apologize to our own indigenous people.

I find it incredibly sad people like you get to vote. I get you don't like Abbott and don't think he'll make a good PM, but he's not had a chance to either succeed of fail as yet. There was nothing Abbott could have done to prevent the fall out with Indonesia because, as surprising as it might be for you to hear, Indonesia has their own domestic politics to look after. They knew full well we'd be gathering intelligence on them as we know full well they would be doing to us. I bet there are 100 government agencies around the world already tapping into Abbott's phone and anyone else's who might be discussing something important. As for the Sri Lanka situation, you have no idea what he's doing or saying behind closed doors. If you're looking for some hollow words without meaning then I'm sorry that you're so shallow.

What I find amazing is that before he's managed to actually put in place new legislation and policy and have that take effect, people have decided he's a failure. Just like nobody can intelligently say with certainty they know he's going to be good, nobody can say he's going to be bad. What we do know is that in a long parliamentary career he's got an incredible record of success. Such a record that I can't think of another PM to have taken office with more prior success. That gives me some confidence that he should be a good PM, but right now, nobody knows. So please, take your prejudices and put them to the side before making a goose of yourself.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:25 pm

lol

a large proportion of voters wrote JG off for being a woman and you decide to arc up now about shallow voters

anyway, the whole Indo thing is just posturing. they were pissed about our boat policy, but had to be diplomatic. now they've got a reason to act belligerent
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Grahaml wrote:Such a record that I can't think of another PM to have taken office with more prior success.

Please, ever heard of Paul Keating?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Bully » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Gozu wrote:
Grahaml wrote:Such a record that I can't think of another PM to have taken office with more prior success.

go get a job !

Bully
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Bully wrote:
Gozu wrote:

go get a job !

Keating insults archive:

http://www.webcity.com.au/keating/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:40 am

Grahaml wrote:

I find it incredibly sad people like you get to vote. I get you don't like Abbott and don't think he'll make a good PM, but he's not had a chance to either succeed of fail as yet. There was nothing Abbott could have done to prevent the fall out with Indonesia because, as surprising as it might be for you to hear, Indonesia has their own domestic politics to look after. They knew full well we'd be gathering intelligence on them as we know full well they would be doing to us. I bet there are 100 government agencies around the world already tapping into Abbott's phone and anyone else's who might be discussing something important. As for the Sri Lanka situation, you have no idea what he's doing or saying behind closed doors. If you're looking for some hollow words without meaning then I'm sorry that you're so shallow.

What sort of comment is that!!! As for the mesia abbott you haven't seen anything yet and guess what I will but the boot in.

I feel for people like you. Hang on no I dont ;)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:43 am

Grahaml wrote:

What I find amazing is that before he's managed to actually put in place new legislation and policy and have that take effect, people have decided he's a failure. Just like nobody can intelligently say with certainty they know he's going to be good, nobody can say he's going to be bad. What we do know is that in a long parliamentary career he's got an incredible record of success. Such a record that I can't think of another PM to have taken office with more prior success. That gives me some confidence that he should be a good PM, but right now, nobody knows. So please, take your prejudices and put them to the side before making a goose of yourself.

You are confusing politicking with governance, which is what most idiots do
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby shoe boy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am

You are confusing politicking with governance, which is what most idiots do[/quote]

No not at all!
Some Politicians just cant govern?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:16 am

Grahaml wrote:

someone should have said that to mr abbott...
Attachments
goose2.jpg
goose2.jpg (171.3 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 am

Grahaml wrote:

I think that what you meant to say was that Abbott SHOULD NOT have had time to fail yet. He may be okay with domestic policy (that remains to be seen) but over the last week he has proven to have no idea when it comes to international diplomacy.
First, he states that he supports Sri Lanka's human rights record, so much so that he provides them with two more naval ships. This is when a number of other world leaders are condemning (rightly) their record.
Abbott then went so far as to say that torture is a fair treatment, in the right circumstances.
Then, when he should have simply issued a personal apology to the Indonesian Prime Minister, he refuses to get on the phone and contact him.
Additionally, he treated the Climate Change Conference as a joke, refusing to send a minister for the first time ever, instead sending juniors who have pretty much opposed all suggestions made to reduce global emissions.

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bennymacca » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:33 am

bulldogproud2 wrote:First, he states that he supports Sri Lanka's human rights record, so much so that he provides them with two more naval ships. This is when a number of other world leaders are condemning (rightly) their record.

and we have been accepting tamil refugees for years, so we obviously think they have a fair claim for asylum.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Leaping Lindner » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 pm

At least the rabbit has managed to send one person to Indonesia.....

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 2xr5x.html

It's a car crash this government, and it's barely been there two months. :O)
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Bully » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:16 am

Of course, its abbotts fault. I missed the green light at the traffic lights near my home this morning. Must have been tonys fault.

The retractable lights at the Adelaide oval never worked. Must have been tonys fault
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 am

Bill shorten at his desk during the week working up another "labor policy"
Bully
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:06 pm

I apologise to our brothers & sisters in Indonesia and the rest of the global community for us giving you Tony Abbott.

Abbott indonesia.jpg
Abbott indonesia.jpg (67.93 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
Gozu
Coach

Postby Q. » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:23 pm

lol @ 'suck my ass' in the background
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Squids » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Who cares about some third world country, I certainly don't.

Aussies should stop going to Bali and cripple their economy.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby bennymacca » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Squids wrote:Who cares about some third world country, I certainly don't.

What a selfish mentality. Bet you are probably on welfare too
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics