Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott Watch

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Bully wrote:
bulldogproud2 wrote:[quote="Bully]I don't remember howard bringing down his own party behind the scenes ( planning a take over ) publicly that removed a sitting PM TWICE. ...unlike snake in the grass bill shorten[quote]

Maybe not, but he did renege on his promise to Costello to hand over the Primeministership to him halfway through his term. This eventually destabilised the party and led to their election loss in '07.

Cheers[/quote][/quote]

umm even I know the main cause of the libs loss was work choices there in 07 champ.

cheers.[/quote]

Main cause but not the only cause. The party was somewhat destabilised through Howard not honouring his pre-election promise to Costello.
Yes, Work Choices was the main cause.
Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Bully wrote:ok so tell me who did howard bring down that was a sitting PM for the liberals? Notice a key word in the post here and my original ( A SITTING PM )

Please let me know

Maybe you need to be reminded that you vote for your local member and the members of parliament are the ones that vote for the leader?

Not excusing the horrible way the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd debacle has been handled, but it IS the prerogative of the party to choose their leader, not us
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bully » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:ok so tell me who did howard bring down that was a sitting PM for the liberals? Notice a key word in the post here and my original ( A SITTING PM )

Please let me know

Maybe you need to be reminded that you vote for your local member and the members of parliament are the ones that vote for the leader?

Not excusing the horrible way the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd debacle has been handled, but it IS the prerogative of the party to choose their leader, not us

huh? the post was referring to was how bishop/hockey/pyne were apparently ready to "knife abbott in the back" was it not?? It has nothing to do with whom I voted for and what my vote actually did or did not do .(see below)

shoe boy wrote:
Q. wrote:Rumours swirling that Abbott is going to be knifed.

Noooo!! Give it to Joe :shock: or Christopher :shock: or Bishop :shock: or Malcolm?? they are such a lovely bunch? by the way which ones are Libs and which ones are Nationals?

I replied with it happened in the previous labor government with a sitting PM with the current leader behind it all??

Not sure why you are bringing up "oh I need to be reminded on what my vote does or does not do"......?
Last edited by Bully on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Please let me know

He may not have actually 'brought down' a sitting PM however his decision to renege on his promise brought down who would have been the sitting PM had he not reneged on his promise.
If Howard had honoured his promise, Costello would have been PM. So, in a way, Howard brought down the man who, apart from a broken promise, would have been the sitting PM.

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Bully » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:56 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:

Please let me know

He may not have actually 'brought down' a sitting PM however his decision to renege on his promise brought down who would have been the sitting PM had he not reneged on his promise.
If Howard had honoured his promise, Costello would have been PM. So, in a way, Howard brought down the man who, apart from a broken promise, would have been the sitting PM.

Cheers

:roll:
Bully
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:00 am

We could have another thread "Pyne watch" "Bishop watch" "Joe watch" WATCH THIS SPACE. :oops:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 am

shoe boy wrote:We could have another thread "Pyne watch" "Bishop watch" "Joe watch" WATCH THIS SPACE. :oops:

This space has already become "Sour Grapes Watch" where the supporters of the losing ALP/Greens coalition are whining about having lost their rightful power, and are running their propaganda campaign for the next election rather prematurely.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 am

Psyber wrote:
shoe boy wrote:We could have another thread "Pyne watch" "Bishop watch" "Joe watch" WATCH THIS SPACE. :oops:

This space has already become "Sour Grapes Watch" where the supporters of the losing ALP/Greens coalition are whining about having lost their rightful power, and are running their propaganda campaign for the next election rather prematurely.

i have no sour grapes that labor lost...

I just think Tony Abbott is total d-head... And i reckon my 16 month daughter would do a better job running our country... This guy is a flog and the quicker the people realise this the better. You're welcome...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:54 am

Nothing has happened yet to base a judgement on as the Liberals are still trying to decipher the confusion in the mess left behind and work out what they have to do. Only prejudicial presumption rules here at present.

As I've said before, though I am a Liberal Party member, I'm not a big Abbott fan either.
But I'll wait and see before I start pushing for his replacement.,

He did do a good job sorting out the mess his (Liberal) predecessor had made of the Health portfolio, when he took it over in 2003.
Psyber
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:10 am

Psyber wrote:

Very hypocritical of you Pysber!!
No sour grapes just keeping this new government honest
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby tigerhutch » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Not sure which is worse, listening to Pyne on the radio or watching him on TV ?

either way he does make me laugh :lol:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby RustyCage » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Psyber wrote:Nothing has happened yet to base a judgement on as the Liberals are still trying to decipher the confusion in the mess left behind and work out what they have to do. Only prejudicial presumption rules here at present.

As I've said before, though I am a Liberal Party member, I'm not a big Abbott fan either.
But I'll wait and see before I start pushing for his replacement.,

He did do a good job sorting out the mess his (Liberal) predecessor had made of the Health portfolio, when he took it over in 2003.

Yeah because they took over a mess of a country with a shambles of an economy didn't they haha

And no, not sour grapes, but let's not even pretend Pyne is doing a good job. When you're "too busy" to listen to experts involved in the biggest funding shake up in the history of the portfolio he is supposed to be running, there are serious issues.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:01 pm

tigerhutch wrote:Not sure which is worse, listening to Pyne on the radio or watching him on TV ?

either way he does make me laugh :lol:

I just cringe every time I hear him talk
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Bully » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:23 pm

like julias voice when she spoke?
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Bully wrote:like julias voice when she spoke?

is this you bully when you see mr abbott and his mates??? ;)

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 pm

"Alongside Aung San Suu Kyi, Abbott says he was an opposition leader for 4yrs & knows the role can have some exhilarations & frustrations"

Oh dear
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Just wow
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bully » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:29 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

is this you bully when you see mr abbott and his mates??? ;)

Probably so. Bit better than your Christmas card to snake in the grass billy/julia ;)

Bully
Coach

Postby Psyber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 am

Julia seemed to have different voices in different contexts.
She tended to put on the somewhat whiny "working class" voice in campaigning or for TV.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:35 am

Psyber wrote:

Julia seemed to have different voices in different contexts.
She tended to put on the somewhat whiny "working class" voice in campaigning or for TV.

still waiting for her to become the full forward for the western bulldogs after HER broken promise.

Oh, opps........they never broke promises ;)
Bully
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics