Sarah Hanson-Young Challenges for leadership role

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Sarah Hanson-Young Challenges for leadership role

Postby Sojourner » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 am

Not opposed to this at all, the problem IMO with all political parties is the hierarchal structures that go along with them and its fairly obvious that Hanson-Young is very much in touch with the newer group of voters that went with the Greens this time around.

http://www.vexnews.com/news/11338/not-s ... eadership/
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: Sarah Hanson-Young Challenges for leadership role

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Sarah and her looney left Green party cohorts must never be allowed to become relevant in our already fractured and largely inefficient political system. Don't take my word for it, go online and look at their policies. If in power they would wreak havoc on our free and independent life style. Once it was wrecked they would sit back and say something profound like "Oops!"
Caution! You are now entering the no-spin zone...
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Q. » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:22 pm

'free and independent' :))
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Didn't this happen back in August?
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah October I think - or whenever. I just commented because the opportunity to say something was overwhelming!
Watson out - too bad for Aussies
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby fish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Sarah and her looney left Green party cohorts must never be allowed to become relevant in our already fractured and largely inefficient political system. Don't take my word for it, go online and look at their policies. If in power they would wreak havoc on our free and independent life style. Once it was wrecked they would sit back and say something profound like "Oops!"
Which of their policies do you consider to be "looney"?
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:36 pm

fish wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:Sarah and her looney left Green party cohorts must never be allowed to become relevant in our already fractured and largely inefficient political system. Don't take my word for it, go online and look at their policies. If in power they would wreak havoc on our free and independent life style. Once it was wrecked they would sit back and say something profound like "Oops!"

Well she belongs to a party which demands we scrap our power stations and close industries that earn us at least $60 billion a year. She belongs to a party which wants to end unranium mining and shut down Lucas Heights- tell that to someone with cancer- sorry no chemo or x-rays anymore. She belongs to the lunatic fringe of idealogical warriors that want to reintroduce death dutues.Shall I continue cos there is plenty more =:)
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby fish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
fish wrote:

Well she belongs to a party which demands we scrap our power stations and close industries that earn us at least $60 billion a year. She belongs to a party which wants to end unranium mining and shut down Lucas Heights- tell that to someone with cancer- sorry no chemo or x-rays anymore. She belongs to the lunatic fringe of idealogical warriors that want to reintroduce death dutues.Shall I continue cos there is plenty more =:)

Please continue but can you provide links to the policies listed above and any new ones you come up with, so I can confirm that they are actually Greens policies.
fish
Coach

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey fish go to the Green's own website. It was all there during the election - which was where I discovered their policies - so I assume their toxic rantings are still there
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby fish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Hey fish go to the Green's own website. It was all there during the election - which was where I discovered their policies - so I assume their toxic rantings are still there
OK I just tried that for the first so-called policy you mentioned and can find no reference to any "demands to scrap power stations". Please provide a link to this policy so I can see it and then decide whether it is "loony"or not.
fish
Coach

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:50 pm

fish if you are so interested in this stuff go look it up. Perhaps the Greens have taken their election promises off their website as is the usual practice after an election has been decided.
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby fish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Darth Vader wrote:fish if you are so interested in this stuff go look it up. Perhaps the Greens have taken their election promises off their website as is the usual practice after an election has been decided.
As I said before - I have searched their policies and couldn't find it anywhere. You put this so-called policy up to support your claim that the Greens are "looney", now it appears that the policy does not exist. :-?
fish
Coach

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 pm

fish were you living in a cave during the election process. All this stuff was widely touted by the Greens as part of their platform so if you were politically savvy you would have been exposed to it. I don't have time to be your political researcher so go look yourself. Search for Greens policies Federal election 2010. If that doesnt work, email Hansen-Young herself and ask her. Look up some of Bob Brown's speeches pre-election and you will be shocked at his arrogance
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby fish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 pm

In other words you can't find it either! :shock:
fish
Coach

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 pm

I dont need to look it up you do.
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby Q. » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:52 am

Looney? A bit like making swathes of the Australian flora landscape illegal ;)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Leaping Lindner » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
fish wrote:

You forgot the bit about giving away illegal drugs to school children, and making homosexuality compulsory.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby redandblack » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Darth, you don't write for The Australian, by any chance?
redandblack

Postby Darth Vader » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 pm

hahahaha redandblack you are a crack up - nope I am not on The Australian's payroll. I just think the Greens are the biggest threat to the Australian way of life that we have seen in 100 years. That Adam Bant is a complete wanker. Hanson-Young is so out there that she's a danger to herself as well as the rest of us and Bob Brown - although massively intelligent and politically savvy - is a moaning groaning leftie who has no concept about prosperity, economics, wealth creation and/or the reality of life in government.
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby mick » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Darth Vader wrote:hahahaha redandblack you are a crack up - nope I am not on The Australian's payroll. I just think the Greens are the biggest threat to the Australian way of life that we have seen in 100 years. That Adam Bant is a complete wanker. Hanson-Young is so out there that she's a danger to herself as well as the rest of us and Bob Brown - although massively intelligent and politically savvy - is a moaning groaning leftie who has no concept about prosperity, economics, wealth creation and/or the reality of life in government.

:ymapplause:
mick
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time

Next

Board index   General Talk  Politics