The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Psyber wrote:
Booney wrote::lol:

More so the plan he had where you were to be voting for SA Best in this election so when the next election comes around Labor will throw lots of money into the area to win the seat back and even the Libs might think they're a chance so they will too.

Something similar worked for Waite - Martin HS got a lot of money out of the SA-ALP for his a electorate as part of his deal with them, and detailed it in his recent electorate newsletter which was his farewell to politics.

Ditto Peter Lewis and his deal.

In retrospect it's amazing how little blame the SA ALP have got for elevating that nutter
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:07 am

Ah the traditional ALP burying the embarassing report until post election strategy.

If there ever is a change of government in this stage the skeletons in various closets will be catacombs like.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Gozu » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Interesting.

Labor has cut a preference deal with Australian Conservatives in which the latter will direct preferences to Labor ahead of the Liberals in the crucial seat of Lee, and run split tickets in two other tight Labor marginals, Light and Newland. In return, Labor will recommend the party be given third preference after the Greens in the upper house, although the experience of the 2016 election suggests this will have very little impact. The Conservatives’ state leader, Dennis Hood, told the Advertiser was not directing preferences to the Liberals in Lee because the Liberals hadn’t asked.

https://www.pollbludger.net/2018/03/15/ ... wo-days-2/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Gozu wrote:Interesting.

Labor has cut a preference deal with Australian Conservatives in which the latter will direct preferences to Labor ahead of the Liberals in the crucial seat of Lee, and run split tickets in two other tight Labor marginals, Light and Newland. In return, Labor will recommend the party be given third preference after the Greens in the upper house, although the experience of the 2016 election suggests this will have very little impact. The Conservatives’ state leader, Dennis Hood, told the Advertiser was not directing preferences to the Liberals in Lee because the Liberals hadn’t asked.

https://www.pollbludger.net/2018/03/15/ ... wo-days-2/

As if any ALP voter is going to so blindly follow a HTW card to put Aus Conservatives third ahead of D4D etc.

Shows the Conservatives don't anticipate picking up any LC seats really (which would be great for putting Bernardi back in his place)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Xenophon looks a broken man.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Booney wrote:Xenophon looks a broken man.

In some ways its amazing it only took 20 years for him to bite off more than he could chew
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:54 pm

jo172 wrote:

In some ways its amazing it only took 20 years for him to bite off more than he could chew

What happened this time was that some people, for a short period of time anyway, took him seriously and he worked out how hard it actually is to present himself as a policy maker as opposed to front page stunt puller*.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:

What happened this time was that some people, for a short period of time anyway, took him seriously and he worked out how hard it actually is to present himself as a policy maker as opposed to front page stunt puller*.

Quite, also there's a reasonable cross-section of the community, including myself, who appreciate the work he does as an advocate on some issues and agree he plays an important role in putting them on the agenda.

This is very different to holding any real power.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:12 pm

jo172 wrote:
Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Quite, also there's a reasonable cross-section of the community, including myself, who appreciate the work he does as an advocate on some issues and agree he plays an important role in putting them on the agenda.

theres also a very big difference between the man himself and the people he has dragged in as candidates.

I would happily vote for Xenophon if I was in his electorate or if he was in the senate. But given he is neither of those things I am finding it hard to vote for his party
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 pm

jo172 wrote:
Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Part of the reason the ALP is still favored to hold off Marshall's challenge, can people hand Marshall the power with confidence?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Booney wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Part of the reason the ALP is still favored to hold off Marshall's challenge, can people hand Marshall the power with confidence?

This is just plainly incorrect. The ALP Statewide will likely poll 30-35% primary vote. This puts them in a Statebank level of Primary Support.

Take out the Xenophon factor and you likely get a result very similar to 2014 but after redistribution (26-20-2).
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:03 pm

jo172 wrote:Ah the traditional ALP burying the embarassing report until post election strategy.

If there ever is a change of government in this stage the skeletons in various closets will be catacombs like.

Martin HS said to acquaintances (including me) recently when asked what he was going to do now, "I've got a couple of books in me..."
That may be interesting.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Psyber wrote:
jo172 wrote:Ah the traditional ALP burying the embarassing report until post election strategy.

Martin HS said to acquaintances (including me) recently when asked what he was going to do now, "I've got a couple of books in me..."
That may be interesting.

I’m sure he thinks they will be best sellers
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:58 pm

I’ll be at Norwood Primary School handing out HTV cards if anyone wants to say hello (or spit at me)
Looking at you Gozu! 8)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:08 am

Like the blue bloods in Norwood need HTV cards. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:44 am

Booney wrote: Part of the reason the ALP is still favored to hold off Marshall's challenge, can people hand Marshall the power with confidence?

The lack of confidence in Marshall is the ONLY reason the ALP is still in the hunt and Xenophon has a presence in this election.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:54 am

The debate on 891 right now is gold.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Magellan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 am

Dogwatcher wrote:The debate on 891 right now is gold.

Missed it. High(low)lights?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby MW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote: Part of the reason the ALP is still favored to hold off Marshall's challenge, can people hand Marshall the power with confidence?

The lack of confidence in Marshall is the ONLY reason the ALP is still in the hunt and Xenophon has a presence in this election.

It's the last election all over again.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:21 am

Magellan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:The debate on 891 right now is gold.

Missed it. High(low)lights?

Marshall targeting Xenophon regarding deal with Labor.
Marshall absolutely putting the kybosh on any deal with Xenophon.
Weatherill's sonorous voice making Marshall sound like a whiney bitch.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics