The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Strawb » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

he is a grown man and can do what he wants looks like he copped on on the nose as well. If someone picks a fight with him and he gets wacked it isn't his fault. He looks like he is not much of a fighter going by the photos but what he does on his time is his own business.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:43 pm

yes people have the right to do whatever they want whenever they want

but what wouldve happened if it wasnt Foley in this incident, imagine it being a footballer - who is a so-called role model

I wouldve thought that Politicians should be the ones who lead the way and be role models because that is there chosen field.

I dont condone violence but at that time in that place, there is always trouble brewing somewhere, you gotta know where the safe places to be are.

Perhaps Kev thought the woman was a looker and was trying to pick her up on his way past!! :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Strawb » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:yes people have the right to do whatever they want whenever they want

but what wouldve happened if it wasnt Foley in this incident, imagine it being a footballer - who is a so-called role model

I wouldve thought that Politicians should be the ones who lead the way and be role models because that is there chosen field.

I dont condone violence but at that time in that place, there is always trouble brewing somewhere, you gotta know where the safe places to be are.

Perhaps Kev thought the woman was a looker and was trying to pick her up on his way past!! :lol:

If he played for the Power would have been page three or four. Crows player front page SANFL player a small section in Sports.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby JK » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:49 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:yes people have the right to do whatever they want whenever they want

Perhaps Kev thought the woman was a looker and was trying to pick her up on his way past!! :D )

There should be no reason why people can't safely be on the streets at those times .. Maybe now a politician has suffered somewhat by the ill's that occur in our city at night they will do something about it (excuse me while I head to the things that make me laugh thread :))
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm

I agree CP

the City or anywhere for that matter should be a safe place to be 24/7. Particularly the CBD area.

Unfortunately we are in a society that now accepts a level of violence and assault as everyday activities because we are becoming more immune to it as more of these incidents occur.

Perhaps we should have tougher laws to deal with this, not just pack em, stack em, rack em or whatever it was Foley said
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11838 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby dedja » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:29 pm

I can just imagine the police interview with Kev ...

So Mr Foley, can you think of anyone who would do this?

Do you have any enemies that you are aware of?

:-??
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby The Apostle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Seriously...considering his very hazy memories of what he did that evening, how do we know that it's simply not a case of the Treasurer being absolutely blind drunk and falling over and smashing his face into the pavement???...remember he's got form on drunken behaviour...remember that drunken party a few years back where he thought he was Premier material...
The Apostle
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Media Park » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I agree with the general consensus on here:

1) Big Kev should be able to safely walk the streets at any time, without fear of such incidents- whether pissed or not.

2) Big Kev should know better as such a prominent public figure, than to get sh1tfaced in very public places.

What will be interesting is if he begins a bit of a crusade on public safety, and increased security/surveillance at night spots etc, after the incident.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 am

Gingernuts wrote:
Booney wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:I didnt know there was a curfew in South Australia now.

Surely you should be able to walk the streets without some tosser performing a gutless act even if it is on a politician that isnt the most popular person in the world

No, there is no curfew. I can only suggest your post confirms that common sense just 'aint so common anymore.

In no way do I believe gutless violence is acceptable, but times and places add an element of risk to what you are being exposed to and some people should know better.

He is quite possibly the least popular person in the state right now.

Wandering the streets of Adelaide @ 3:30am is probably not a good idea for a bloke who's been bad mouthing bikies and/or sacking half the public service. He's lucky he only ended up with a black eye really.

very true in hindsight he should be keeping a very very low profile
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:02 am

I agree that anybody should be able to be out of their home and safe, and that we need the government to make that a police priority, ahead of revenue collection.
Nevertheless, every citizen should use common sense and avoid risky places, especially if they have been antagonising people.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby dedja » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:10 pm

FFS, he's just like any other bloke who goes out late, gets pissed, then tries to get a root ... the crime is? :-??
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Media Park » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Is his job safe?
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Squawk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Media Park wrote:Is his job safe?

hmmmm. For now, but for how long?
He might not be on his own, either. A few others might also be on tender hooks atm, me thinks. ;)
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby GWW » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Are you saying there could be a few also-RANNs Squawk?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: .

Postby Squawk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

GWW wrote:Are you saying there could be a few also-RANNs Squawk?

There are more than a few, and the worst thing is that some will continue to survive!

Squawk
Assistant Coach

Postby CK » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Interesting decisions in the reshuffle. While it may not be a popular choice - and opens up a major can of worms with "conflict of interest" with his pending legal case, I can see the reasoning behind Kevin Foley taking the Police and Defence portfolios. These portfolios need experience and will take him a fair way from Treasury, to lessen the chance of the opposition landing blows about his past work.

Bernard Finnigan is one from left field to take on Industrial Relations, Local Government and Gambling. Clearly being earmarked for bigger things, he is being thrown into a number of areas with major issues in each, so the Premier clearly trying a "sink or swim" approach here.

Plenty has been discussed about Jack Snelling becoming Treasurer. Time will tell here.

Quite befuddled that Chloe Fox missed out on a portfolio. I really thought it was time to promote her to a frontbench that is really lacking females, against a party with good representation here. Personally, I see Fox as a potential party leader in time, so I'm guessing they are trying to throw her in too early to the fire.
Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Squawk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm

CK wrote:Interesting decisions in the reshuffle. While it may not be a popular choice - and opens up a major can of worms with "conflict of interest" with his pending legal case, I can see the reasoning behind Kevin Foley taking the Police and Defence portfolios. These portfolios need experience and will take him a fair way from Treasury, to lessen the chance of the opposition landing blows about his past work.

He will remain pretty close to Treasury with the Defence and Mining portfolios, CK. Also, Police has had lightweight Ministers before and IIRC Foley has held that Portfolio himself a few years back. Needless to say, Police draw quite a punch from Treasury too.

CK wrote:Bernard Finnigan is one from left field to take on Industrial Relations, Local Government and Gambling. Clearly being earmarked for bigger things, he is being thrown into a number of areas with major issues in each, so the Premier clearly trying a "sink or swim" approach here.
I'm not sure Bernie can be much bigger than he already is. Quite why he didn't get the Rec and Sport portfolio has stumped me. My assessment is that he was actually given a suite of safe, lightweight portfolios, (as was Kenyon). Unsurprising given they are newbies.

CK wrote:Plenty has been discussed about Jack Snelling becoming Treasurer. Time will tell here.

CK wrote:Quite befuddled that Chloe Fox missed out on a portfolio. I really thought it was time to promote her to a frontbench that is really lacking females, against a party with good representation here. Personally, I see Fox as a potential party leader in time, so I'm guessing they are trying to throw her in too early to the fire.

Expect her to get an elevation next time around. Remember, she is a single mum of about a year at most so has plenty to juggle personally at present. "fish" wont like this but she isn't exactly an intellectual giant - but then again she isn't on her own here in Cabinet.

Squawk
Assistant Coach

Postby dedja » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Venturing into standup now Squawk? :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby fish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Squawk wrote:
CK wrote:Quite befuddled that Chloe Fox missed out on a portfolio. I really thought it was time to promote her to a frontbench that is really lacking females, against a party with good representation here. Personally, I see Fox as a potential party leader in time, so I'm guessing they are trying to throw her in too early to the fire.

Expect her to get an elevation next time around. Remember, she is a single mum of about a year at most so has plenty to juggle personally at present. "fish" wont like this but she isn't exactly an intellectual giant - but then again she isn't on her own here in Cabinet.
No I definitely don't! [-x
fish
Coach

Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Squawk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

dedja wrote:Venturing into standup now Squawk? :lol:

LOL - If my accurate observations are equally a source of amusement to you, dedja, then I've achieved more than I set out to do! And that's a good result, I reckon :lol:

Squawk
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics