The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby OnSong » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:police basher in Whyalla.

This is what pisses me off about politics. And stupid people lap this shit up too.

Yeah, rough on Hughes. Good bloke from my experiences dealing with him
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Never met the guy but it was 30 years ago nearly, wasn't it?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:30 pm

shoe boy wrote:Look forward to your comments jimmy re marshalls costings Thursday?

I dont need to review them Shoey
Jay has already done it and his mathematics has been proven to be exceptional

I love this from Jay today:

Weatherill said Labor had found $190 million in procurement savings after receiving a report from consultants Ernst and Young.

How long have they been wasting $190m? Says more about their recent management than anything else
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:40 pm

OnSong wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:police basher in Whyalla.

This is what pisses me off about politics. And stupid people lap this shit up too.

Yeah, rough on Hughes. Good bloke from my experiences dealing with him

Just shows how bad they have both got.

Today, Labor has returned fire, promoting court documents which show the Liberal candidate for Torrens, Michael Manetta, was convicted of drink-driving in 1998 after having a breath test that found his blood alcohol concentration to be 0.159.

It will be interesting if Labor have breached the Spent Convictions Act 2009.

Hughes actually outed himself when he found out it was going to be published
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Guess what phone call was sitting on my answering machine tonight?

http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/891-breakfast-6.3-1.mp3

The pittbull:
"The ALP is certainly not attacking Nick Xenophon and I wont be a part of an attack on Nick Xenophon"

I think he's had enough time to either retract or stop them.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I hope Aldridge doesn't get in. I really don't.
For a bloke who dislikes the system so much, he's amazingly desperate to get in.

In Light I'm getting mixed feedback on this one. Had an informed Lib tell me the sitting member, Piccolo, is safe on polling. However, the local Libs are very buoyant. I've said all along that it will be tight and it's still looking that way.

Mark aldridge - he used to get plenty of air time on 5AA when Shaun Perry was there..............oh dear, he just goes on and on and on about issues in which the punters particularly dont care about - rightly or wrongly

My main memory of him was when he was a One Nation candidate and he was the nasty looking dude with the crazy sideburns.

It never seems like an election until Mark Aldridge pops up on a ballot paper somewhere.

The serial candidates that seem to have gone missing this time are Trevor Grace (ex Family First, Save the Unborn/AbortSA, Australian Christians), Michelle Drummond (ex Greens, then Independent), Jeanie Walker (ex Independent, No Rodeo, Democrats).
But never fear, Bob Randall is back for his third attempt with Family First (previously Liberal, Independent, CDP, Liberal again)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Gozu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:16 am

Mark Aldridge also ran for the bikies party at one election FREE Australia or whatever they were called.

Speaking of serial candidates a bloke that I remember used to write into The Advertiser all the time with full on Christian views Bruce Hambour has contested at least four elections I can think of both state & federal in Port Adelaide for Family First. I remember his rantings in the Tiser being so right-wing he'd probably make Cory Bernardi blush.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:18 am

Speak of the devil.

A STATE election candidate from the northern suburbs is facing court on a gun charge and plans to sue the State Government for up to $100,000 over what he claims was a false arrest.

Independent Legislative Council candidate Mark Aldridge — son of Salisbury Mayor Gillian Aldridge — will face the Elizabeth Magistrates Court next month to defend one count of breaching the conditions of his gun licence.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 6851776282
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks lads. Completed by lunch time pop in and quick read. As always, didn't disappoint.

Nothing was achieved, but well done anyway. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:04 pm

:lol: We achieved what we wanted if nothing was achieved
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote::lol: We achieved what we wanted if nothing was achieved

Mission. Accomplished. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 pm

The Elder Wall complete with Koutsantonis graffiti

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:29 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6852398947

seems to me that the libs are the ones trying to play the race card here. not entirely sure why just using her last name or putting it on an "unattractive background" makes it racist.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:The Elder Wall complete with Koutsantonis graffiti

At least he's prepared to put his cards on the table... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm

bennymacca wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia-state-election-2014/liberal-candidate-for-elder-carolyn-habib-labels-state-election-campaign-material-filthy-and-racist/story-fnl3k6uz-1226852398947

seems to me that the libs are the ones trying to play the race card here. not entirely sure why just using her last name or putting it on an "unattractive background" makes it racist.

It's dog-whistling by Labor.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6852571138
Gozu
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Gozu wrote:
bennymacca wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia-state-election-2014/liberal-candidate-for-elder-carolyn-habib-labels-state-election-campaign-material-filthy-and-racist/story-fnl3k6uz-1226852398947

It's dog-whistling by Labor.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6852571138

have to agree with all of what Tory says tbh
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Well, I was driving home tonight and guess who came on 5AA to talk about the Elder pamphlet?
Yep, you guessed it: Suffering Suckatash again. I was getting sprayed with spit coming out of the radio.

Well, he came out with some oldies and then some beauties tonight.
I actually tried to call 5AA to respond and discuss it all with him but 1. he hung up and 2. I didn't want to get fined (like he did) for using the phone to talk to a journalist whilst driving (according to Turbo Tom, this is an excuse)

According to Suffering Suckatash: "I've been racial abused: I know it, I've smelt it, I've tasted it, and this isn't it" (he's been using that line all day)

It took me back 5 years ago when he got caught out with his atrocious driving record ("I was chasing jobs" so its excusable), and "took the rap for others" (but wont tell you who it was. [Of course, people with bad records dont take the rap for others, but he's different])
When confronted with his atrocious record in contrast to his responsibilities, and comments, as Minister, Turbo Tom said that he therefore was well qualified to be Road Safety Minister as he had been on the other side :shock: (200 Yatala inmates immediately applied for job of Minister of Correctional Affairs). So, his response is actually quite consistent. I have been racially abused, so I know what it is and you don't (spit spit). I'm the only one that does know, so shut up or I'll bite you (spit spit).

But his next comment was even better: The Liberals are racists because they advertise about turning back the boats and saying you can only come into this country on our terms (I didn't write down the actual comment but you can get the gist).
Now, I actually stopped the car and tried to call 5AA but the lines were blocked. WTF has that got to do with this election, and, FMD, were not the Labor Govt doing the same thing? :shock:

BTW, a serious question: may I ask what qualifications this bloke has to be Minister for Transport, Infrastructure, Mineral Resources and Energy, Housing and Urban Development? FFS, he's a uni drop out and an ex industrial officer for whom???? You guessed it: the SDA (the real people who currently run this government). 5 years ago he was found wanting and demoted (lucky for him - he's actually succeeded in one step back, 10 steps forward)

I'm still waiting for him to retract that Labor aren't targeting Nick X.
"The ALP is certainly not attacking Nick Xenophon and I wont be a part of an attack on Nick Xenophon"
He wants an apology from everyone else but is found wanting himself.

Shame I couldn't get on 5AA, but I'll keep trying............. If you hear Jimmy on ABC or 5AA, smile for me guys :D I know you'll barrack for me :D
One thing I can't do, is compare the SA economy to Greece (@Gozu). I'm sure Suffering Suckatash will go ballistic and say I'm a racist and demand an apology (if I dont drown first) and it's the lowest point of any election anywhere anytime (and only he knows because he knows everything)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:40 pm

great post! have to agree with all of what you said too.

bit about qualifications, that is a problem with all ministers really - we have had federal ministers for defence science (snowdon) that know absolutely nothing about defence or science.

cant really see a way around that either - it is the job of their department to inform them and try to keep continuity with changing ministers and governments etc.

in the UK they have the house of lords, which is supposed to be something like a chamber of people who know their stuff to discuss these things, but mostly they are just old rich dudes
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:55 pm

PS: It was Rann who first tried to justify SS retaining his position:
In so many areas of life, the reformed become the most zealous reformers, and the most effective.

However:
20 Apr 2009 9:39 AM
SERIAL speeder and Road Safety Minister Tom Koutsantonis says there is "some good" in the humiliating revelation that he is guilty of more than 30 traffic offences. Mr Koutsantonis has started a series of media interviews with a declaration that the scandal will help him push the road safety message.
"There is some good out of this," he told Radio 5aa this morning. "I'm going to try to sell the road safety message every time I'm asked about this," he said.

Then again, Rann was a media person, and didn't he do a great job at that. Plus, he had to look after the SDA favourites or else.......... whoops.......... :oops:
I cant wait for the backlash to hit Jay for what he did to "The Don"
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:32 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:The Elder Wall complete with Koutsantonis graffiti

Shouldn't that read 'Would you trust Habib'?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics