The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby am Bays » Tue May 03, 2022 4:55 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
RB wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
RB wrote:
Makes the President important then
They are going to do everything to lure one of the SAB or ON people
I know its not about their personal gain with these people but:
Nice salary (75% more) / car + driver / big swinging dick...........
Who's going to be tempted...... =P~

I had fully expected this to be the case. A member of the opposition on the other hand...

That comment was very tongue in cheek and Stephens took it with both hands
Making up for the lost allowances.............

I'll go out on a limb here, I reckon Stephens is not planning on seeking pre-selection in 2026...

Last little four year top up to the parliamentary super. The Greens don't come out smelling roses in this having nominated him for the President's role.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue May 03, 2022 5:18 pm

shoe boy wrote:Independent finding has placed the GRUB Chapman in a position that there is no confidence in The Deputy Premier for deliberately and intentionally misled the House and breeched the Ministerial Code of Conduct .

Finally time to go Grub and your move Marshall .

You owe her an apology

And this one is actually independent

Vickie Chapman cleared in bombshell independent inquiry
Vickie Chapman has been cleared of conflict of interest in the controversial Kangaroo Island development by a top-level Ombudsman investigation.

May 3, 2022 - 3:55PM
0 comments

Former South Australian deputy premier Vickie Chapman will quit politics at the end of the month. She has reportedly told colleagues of her decision but is yet to publicly confirm the move.

A top-level investigation by the Ombudsman has cleared former deputy premier and attorney-general Vickie Chapman of conflict of interest in the controversial Kangaroo Island development.

In a political bombshell, the independent investigation report is in stark contrast to that of a parliamentary committee that resulted in a historic vote of no confidence in her and her standing down as deputy premier and attorney-general.

The independent report by Ombudsman Wayne Lines tabled in state parliament a short time ago states Ms Chapman did not have a conflict of interest – either actual, potential or perceived – when she rejected the Smith Bay development.

The report also finds she did not breach the Ministerial Code of Conduct by not advising former premier Steven Marshall of having a conflict of interest and she did not commit maladministration in deciding the Smith Bay application.

The report also finds Mr Marshall did not commit maladministration by not making any inquiry as to whether there was any substance to concerns about Ms Chapman being in a position of conflict and ensuring compliance with the code.

Similarly, it also finds that no other public officer committed maladministration in connection with Ms Chapman’s determination of the Smith Bay application.

Last November the Labor led parliamentary committee referred the matter to the Ombudsman for further investigation after its own inquiry found Ms Chapman had an actual and perceived conflict of interest, breached the ministerial code of conduct and on three occasions misled parliament in relation to the Smith Bay port proposal, which triggered the no-confidence motion.

The parliamentary inquiry came in the wake fierce criticism of a rejection of an application to build a port facility at Smith Bay on Kangaroo Island to ship timber from.

Ms Chapman, who owns property across the road from a forest contracted to the port proponent, has consistently denied she had any conflict of interest in deciding the application prior to the inquiry being established, when giving evidence and following its politically damaging findings.

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 03, 2022 6:29 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:I've never seen a more disgusting snout in trough moment than this one from Chapman.

To receive the maximum parliamentary pension ( $300,984 per year ) you have to serve 20 years and 1 month.

1 month after the election Chapman resigns, triggering a by-election that could cost upwards of $700,000.

You guessed, upon announcing her retirement she'd served 20 years and 1 month. What a pig.

Played footy against him a few times.
Tough cause he was a copper so nobody belted him.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue May 03, 2022 6:33 pm

She should have to pay for the by election and any others who ‘retire’ during a term should be forced to do the same
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:45 am

tigerpie wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:I've never seen a more disgusting snout in trough moment than this one from Chapman.

To receive the maximum parliamentary pension ( $300,984 per year ) you have to serve 20 years and 1 month.

1 month after the election Chapman resigns, triggering a by-election that could cost upwards of $700,000.

You guessed, upon announcing her retirement she'd served 20 years and 1 month. What a pig.

Vickie Chapman? ;)

(Her brother was a fair footy player)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed May 04, 2022 10:52 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Vickie Chapman? ;)

(Her brother was a fair footy player)

Terry Stevens
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:35 pm

Now, in a purely non partisan way (as this parliamentary investigation was undertaken) the select committee that found Vickie Chapman guilty, should all resign due to their incompetence, dare I say: negligence and abuse of office

As for this piece of work: But Koutsantonis said the Opposition had received recent information “that confirms our suspicions that the Attorney-General has acted inappropriately on this matter”, after an earlier push for a privileges committee was rejected by Speaker John Teague.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Sat May 07, 2022 8:29 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:Now, in a purely non partisan way (as this parliamentary investigation was undertaken) the select committee that found Vickie Chapman guilty, should all resign due to their incompetence, dare I say: negligence and abuse of office

As for this piece of work: But Koutsantonis said the Opposition had received recent information “that confirms our suspicions that the Attorney-General has acted inappropriately on this matter”, after an earlier push for a privileges committee was rejected by Speaker John Teague.
It was more of a NIMBY issue and poor judgement on Vicki's behalf.

It should have been a concern that the attorney general at the time was this completely stupid.

However if we were to stand down all the NIMBYs and morons in public office we would have government at any levels.

The Vicki saga just seems to be a walking mess at the moment. I was at a poling booth in Bragg recently and she was handing out flyers, I got a chance to talk to her for a bit and she's actually a rather pleasant person. Comes across as being fairly sharp, maybe she was having a off few months.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby cracka » Thu May 19, 2022 10:53 am

I'm probably one of the biggest critics of Tom Koutsantonis but I'm going to have to give him some big credits. Just heard him on ABC radio talking about the Marion Rd, Anzac Hwy, Tram line, Cross Rd intersection & some other traffic issues. Was very impressed with how he spoke & didn't seem like the old arrogant Tom that I disliked so much.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:06 pm

Lucky Picton had a plan

https://indaily.com.au/news/2022/06/06/ ... EAD%20MORE

Imagine his outrage a year ago - he would have had a plan for this too

https://indaily.com.au/news/2022/06/06/ ... -hospital/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:20 pm

Easily the best Health Minister this year.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:59 pm

DOC wrote:Easily the best media tarting Health Minister this year.

EFA

Still hasn't come up with the plan about where the city PCR testing station will be moved to despite them planning to reinstate the car race 8 months ago.

Here I'll help - what about the South West Parklands where they're handing out RATS all day to 20 people in about 10 acres
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:21 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

EFA

Still hasn't come up with the plan about where the city PCR testing station will be moved to despite them planning to reinstate the car race 8 months ago.

Here I'll help - what about the South West Parklands where they're handing out RATS all day to 20 people in about 10 acres

Still bitter much ?
You can spend all the time with that grub Chapman and a latte .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby tipper » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:49 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

EFA

why will we still need such a high pcr testing capcaity by december?

daily numbers are in the low 2000's, and falling

no tracing going on, no restrictions, no need for so many tests? they could just shut it by then surely?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:02 pm

Many of the contracts finish June 30th and the workers are yet to hear if they will be renewed. My bet is most, if not all, testing stations close at that point
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:38 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

EFA

Still bitter much ?
You can spend all the time with that grub Chapman and a latte .

She’s glad she doesn’t live next door to you fence jumper
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:14 pm

Brodlach wrote:Many of the contracts finish June 30th and the workers are yet to hear if they will be renewed. My bet is most, if not all, testing stations close at that point

Wow, I hope you’re not correct
Do you think we will all have to rely on RATS from then? :shock:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:22 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Many of the contracts finish June 30th and the workers are yet to hear if they will be renewed. My bet is most, if not all, testing stations close at that point

Wow, I hope you’re not correct
Do you think we will all have to rely on RATS from then? :shock:

Two of the managers from sites
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:56 am

just saw the other day that several "covid planning and response" positions have been advertised within sa health

my first thought was that they wouldnt be long term positions...
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:13 pm

Voters - Hey, political parties, we want more diversity and more women in politics.

Libs - Here's a bloke in a suit.

#bragg
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics