The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby bennymacca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Don’t actually know tbh.

I think he was good for SA in the senate. Particularly around the shipbuilding

But how that translates into lower house SA seats is anyone’s guess. Don’t think he has a candidate in my electorate but not sure I would vote for them for this reason.

Upper house im still undecided. I did vote for him in the federal senate but that’s a different kettle of fish
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Psyber » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:At least Nick has finally admitted this morning he doesn't want to become premier. Will Goodings did a good job exposing him.

Absolutely he did, the other parties will surely be all over that.

"It was never my intention to be premier, it was only ever to hold the balance of power"

I don't understand this.

Why release policies then?

he has said all along that he doesnt want to be premier, what are you lads on about.

its pretty obvious too, he doesnt have candidates in all electorates, and is mostly going after strong liberal seats where he might get enough second preferences flowing from both labor and libs to knock them off.

Spot on.
He was never in a position to field enough candidates to win enough seats to be in the position of having most seats and therefore the first shot at forming government. Balance of power was always the target and is a position where he can stop either of the two major parties having absolute power which could be a good thing, and where he can bargain for compromises he thinks are worthwhile - I don't think he needs to pursue the cash

(However, Josh Teague will get my first preference in Heysen.)
Last edited by Psyber on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Dick N. Balls will get my vote (again)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 am

gadj1976 wrote:Dick N. Balls will get my vote (again)

Good to see some support for the Sex Party.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 am

An observation.
The northern suburbs of Adelaide are traditionally an ALP stronghold and will be again in this election (with a bit of a shake-up from Xenophon), because the Libs have done nothing to gain traction in this community.
They have put up barely recognisable candidates and I'm not seeing many candidate posters around the area.
What they've failed to recognise is the north's changing demographic and growing population.
They've done no groundwork here in the years preceding this election and this campaign feels same-old same old in terms of what will happen at the polling booth.
A decent campaign may not have won them a seat at this election, but at the least could have gained some traction out here at the next.
Mark my words, the north has far greater potential for economic and political influence than many would recognise - believe me, the media knows it. Everyone else needs to catch-up.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:An observation.
The northern suburbs of Adelaide are traditionally an ALP stronghold and will be again in this election (with a bit of a shake-up from Xenophon), because the Libs have done nothing to gain traction in this community.
They have put up barely recognisable candidates and I'm not seeing many candidate posters around the area.
What they've failed to recognise is the north's changing demographic and growing population.
They've done no groundwork here in the years preceding this election and this campaign feels same-old same old in terms of what will happen at the polling booth.
A decent campaign may not have won them a seat at this election, but at the least could have gained some traction out here at the next.
Mark my words, the north has far greater potential for economic and political influence than many would recognise - believe me, the media knows it. Everyone else needs to catch-up.

On the other side of the tri-sided fence the ALP is pitching a tram along the Parade, as blue blooded as an area gets in an attempt to win votes in a seat they wouldn't normally be a chance in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:

On the other side of the tri-sided fence the ALP is pitching a tram along the Parade, as blue blooded as an area gets in an attempt to win votes in a seat they wouldn't normally be a chance in.

And, out of interest, also a proposed extension of the tram down O'Connell Street.

https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/02/26/labor-promise-tram-extension-oconnell-st/
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:

And, out of interest, also a proposed extension of the tram down O'Connell Street.

https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/02/26/labor-promise-tram-extension-oconnell-st/

This one makes sense, Adelaide Oval, W&C etc, the one up the Parade doesn't.

Just make the car parks on The Parade bigger for the ladies who lunch in BMW X5's.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:10 am

ICAC report on Oakden going boom at the moment. If Steve can use this to get up the he'll never win.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:58 am

SA Best poll numbers have slid in the last 7 days, ICAC roasts the ALP ( more so Oakden staff but that's an aside ), if Marshall stands up in the next 5-7 days he's got the best opportunity to be a Liberal Premier since Ron Kerin was some 5838 days ago.

What are you made of, Steven?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 pm

Great summary.

I'm attending a debate featuring Mr X tonight. Will be interesting to see if he has anything to say about this.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 pm

It's interesting that three areas where the State Government has been found to be negligent are areas that they should be champions in if you follow the social justice path:

* Oakden
* Tafe
* Child protection
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Booney wrote:SA Best poll numbers have slid in the last 7 days, ICAC roasts the ALP ( more so Oakden staff but that's an aside ), if Marshall stands up in the next 5-7 days he's got the best opportunity to be a Liberal Premier since Ron Kerin was some 5838 days ago.

What are you made of, Steven?

Must be time for ALP to roll out the "wok in the box" ads :lol: :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Talking to a Liberal Party insider on Friday their numbers suggest a Liberal win with 30 seats.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:It's interesting that three areas where the State Government has been found to be negligent are areas that they should be champions in if you follow the social justice path:

* Oakden
* Tafe
* Child protection
Liberals should be smashing those topics harder.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah Liberals just dont attack the right issues.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby morell » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Maybe instead of attacking the failures of others they should come up with some ideas or plans themselves.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:15 am

morell wrote:Maybe instead of attacking the failures of others they should come up with some ideas or plans themselves.

That's why they've been sitting on the wrong side of the room for 16 years, and, if I was a betting man (I am) I be considering the below betting closely :

ALP $2.10
Liberal $2.65
SA Best $3.00
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:27 am

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:Maybe instead of attacking the failures of others they should come up with some ideas or plans themselves.

That's why they've been sitting on the wrong side of the room for 16 years, and, if I was a betting man (I am) I be considering the below betting closely :

ALP $2.10
Liberal $2.65
SA Best $3.00
You're spot on. But it kind of works in my opinion. The Liberal party make a great opposition.

At a theoretical level I see it like Labor have the vision and creativity, Liberal the balance and checks.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 am

No.

There is no forgiving what's gone on with Child Protection, TAFE and Oakden in just this term of government.

It's lesser of two evils time.

And given two of the above mentioned three, evil is very much the literal sense.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics