Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Executive Member wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Cash asks for a subpoena be set aside.
How does anybody, much less a senator get the privilege to deny court instructions?
Wtf is going on with this government?
Her boss should instruct her to attend or resign?

You can apply to a court to have the subpoena set aside. Then the court listens to your arguments and decides whether or not to set it aside. It's a standard thing people can do when they're issued with a subpoena. If she's unsuccessful in having it set aside then she'll comply.

She's been asked to give testimony. Not give up her first born.
What argument could she possibly put up?

harder to not answer a direct question in a court room as opposed to Senate Estimates
Her rambling screeching approach and white board antics wont hold up in a court room.

Also if she lies and is found out in a court room then thats trouble for her.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 pm

RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Cash asks for a subpoena be set aside.
How does anybody, much less a senator get the privilege to deny court instructions?
Wtf is going on with this government?
Her boss should instruct her to attend or resign?

You can apply to a court to have the subpoena set aside. Then the court listens to your arguments and decides whether or not to set it aside. It's a standard thing people can do when they're issued with a subpoena. If she's unsuccessful in having it set aside then she'll comply.

And it's the taxpayer forking out for her defence
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Behaviour to be expected from Sky News.

On Twitter, SKY said, “SKY News wishes to apologise to Senator @sarahinthesen8 for broadcasting appalling comments by Senator @DavidLeyonhjelm earlier today, and for highlighting them in an on-screen strap. A producer has been suspended pending an internal investigation.”

Journalist David Speers said, “The comments were completely unacceptable and should have been called out by Rowan and Ross at the time. There’s room for plenty of opinions, but basic human decency should come first. Sexism is never ok. I’m glad SKY News has apologised. I have also contacted @sarahinthesen8”

Senator Derryn Hinch also said on Twitter to David Speers, “David. I shall be taking this pursuing this when the Senate resumes. This is vile. Your network is tainted.”

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/07/sky-ne ... ement.html
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Gozu wrote:Behaviour to be expected from Sky News.

On Twitter, SKY said, “SKY News wishes to apologise to Senator @sarahinthesen8 for broadcasting appalling comments by Senator @DavidLeyonhjelm earlier today, and for highlighting them in an on-screen strap. A producer has been suspended pending an internal investigation.”

Journalist David Speers said, “The comments were completely unacceptable and should have been called out by Rowan and Ross at the time. There’s room for plenty of opinions, but basic human decency should come first. Sexism is never ok. I’m glad SKY News has apologised. I have also contacted @sarahinthesen8”

Senator Derryn Hinch also said on Twitter to David Speers, “David. I shall be taking this pursuing this when the Senate resumes. This is vile. Your network is tainted.”

If Barry Hall gets sacked for his comments, why can't we sack Leyonjhelm?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Executive Member » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 am

Q. wrote:
Gozu wrote:Behaviour to be expected from Sky News.

If Barry Hall gets sacked for his comments, why can't we sack Leyonjhelm?

The good people of NSW can at the next election - the joys of the senate - unrepresentative swill - I did love Keating :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Michaela better be cashed up to fight potential criminal charges re union raids.

I so hope this is the case. Her smug attitude gives me the irrates!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby stan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:55 am

tigerpie wrote:Michaela better be cashed up to fight potential criminal charges re union raids.

Yes it's an interesting situation she is in. Her tip off is just a but awkward when the media rock up to the raids before the police.

When your going to tip off the media for political gain you really need to sort your timing out.
stan
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:01 pm

stan wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Michaela better be cashed up to fight potential criminal charges re union raids.

Yes it's an interesting situation she is in. Her tip off is just a but awkward when the media rock up to the raids before the police.

When your going to tip off the media for political gain you really need to sort your timing out.

And hows her integrity by throwing her media person under the bus.
As if he wasnt told to do it.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:08 am

tigerpie wrote:
stan wrote:

And hows her integrity by throwing her media person under the bus.
As if he wasnt told to do it.
Gotta have a fall guy.
stan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Meet the humble Downers, a family of self-proclaimed nation builders

Despite her impeccable pedigree, for some reason the electorate of Mayo didn’t warm to Georgina Downer. Let’s take a look at her family’s history

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... n-builders
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Gozu wrote:
Meet the humble Downers, a family of self-proclaimed nation builders

Despite her impeccable pedigree, for some reason the electorate of Mayo didn’t warm to Georgina Downer. Let’s take a look at her family’s history

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... n-builders

The privileged few with a whole bunch of skeletons in their closet.
Self entitlement didnt work out for poor little Georgina!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

The grant of 444 Million to the Great Barrier Reef Foundation has poo all over for it looking for a fan.

Josh Frydenburg on Insiders yesterday stated a number if times that due diligence was followed with the foundation prior to the grant being made.

Rather than a link: The highlighting is mine.

The head of a small Great Barrier Reef charity caught in the eye of a political storm wasn't aware the federal government performed any checks before handing over $444 million in taxpayer funds.

Great Barrier Reef Foundation managing director Anna Marsden says no-one from the government contacted her - or anyone else in the charity - about the due diligence checks.

Reef foundation boss wasn't aware of grant due diligence
It was not until Ms Marsden was listening to a Senate inquiry into the grant that she learned of the process.

"I'm certainly told - and I heard department officials in the inquiry hearing say - that they undertook significant diligence on the foundation," she told ABC radio on Monday.

The government is under mounting pressure over its decision to grant the funds to the foundation without a competitive tender process.

Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg defended the process, saying there had been "extensive due diligence" to ensure the foundation was best placed to receive the funds.

Ms Marsden said the foundation learned on April 9 it would receive the money and "afterwards we had to do an application".

That was the day she and foundation chair John Schubert attended a private meeting with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, Mr Frydenberg and his Environment Department secretary Finn Pratt.

"We had to certainly demonstrate value for money and our track record," she said of the retrospective application.

Ms Marsden said questions about the process were for the government to answer.

"We've been told time and time again that the process that we followed is an absolutely correct process. There's a Senate inquiry. There will be outcomes from that."

Labor continues to pile pressure on the government over the "dodgy" circumstances surrounding the grant.

"This deal, from beginning to end, has been an inappropriate and dodgy use of taxpayer money," senior Labor MP Tony Burke told the ABC.

"Every question that gets asked about this, the more the government answers them, the more dodgy the whole process becomes."

Mr Burke is concerned the decision means CSIRO reef scientists might have to go through the foundation instead of the government for funding and normal methods of ministerial oversight will be undone.

Mr Frydenberg argues there's nothing unusual about the grant.

The grant was made to the foundation, a charity set up in 1999 following the first mass coral bleaching 20 years ago, as a single lump sum.

"The money is to be spent over six years. By giving it all at once, they have maximum leverage to enter into contracts and start providing the money as needed, as they meet their objective," Mr Frydenberg said on Sunday.

The foundation has just six full-time staff and there is no clear plan so far for how the money will be spent.

Labor has called for the grant to be handed back.

The foundation's partners comprise businesses like Qantas and BHP and institutions such as ANU and the federal Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.

Source: AAP - SBS
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 am

Dutton v Turnbull
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:52 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dutton v Turnbull

Yep, Turnbull has declared the leadership vacant

That escalated quickly!

As a centrist I can live with Turnbull but Dutton would be close to the worst possible option
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 am

Im a centrist, according to those ABC quizzes they do, i end up in the bullseye.

But I'd be happy with Dutton over Turnbull
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:03 am

Turnbull wins....
48 -35
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am

Turnbull wins 48-35
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:30 am

I think we need to go back to when Liberal and Labor were Liberal and Labor.
At the moment they are just so close together its just rubbish
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:33 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think we need to go back to when Liberal and Labor were Liberal and Labor.

I think the biggest division at the moment is within the liberal party.

The centre right libs are being held over a barrel by the far right loonies like Abbott and Dutton

A Turnbull led government without the hinderances of the far right would be quite good imo
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:39 am

bennymacca wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think we need to go back to when Liberal and Labor were Liberal and Labor.

I think the biggest division at the moment is within the liberal party.

The centre right libs are being held over a barrel by the far right loonies like Abbott and Dutton

A Turnbull led government without the hinderances of the far right would be quite good imo
Turnbull is Rudd 3.0

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics