Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Attachments
20171223_140401.png
20171223_140401.png (241.81 KiB) Viewed 599 times
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:53 pm

morell wrote:I wasn't born in Australia. Not an avid traveller, but the travelling I have done showed me pretty clearly that the notion of "if you get on a plane you're ok but a boat is full of nasties" is naff. I just got back from Cuba I reckon you could board a plane in Havana and with a connection or two get to Australia with nary a fake drivers license.

Which was the point I was trying to get across. Not that travelling makes one more "worldly".

And good luck entering Australia with your fake drivers licence when you land

I’m going to Cuba next year

In 2001 alone, I did 99 international flights to 21 different countries but your Cuba experience trumps that in the “worldly” stakes
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby morell » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Well nah I meant that one could concoct the right documentation pretty easily if you wanted to, Visa's are done online, valid passports in some countries are reasonably easily obtained.

I am arguing against the notion that if you're on a plane, you're kosher, and should be treated differently than if you're on a boat. Which is what the original discussion was pertaining to.

And I am not trying to trump anyone in wordly stakes, you utter peanut, more that travelling does show one that our refugee and immigration policies are designed with dog whistle politics in mind, not safety or border protection.

and don't bother with Cuba, it's shit.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby tigerpie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:17 pm

This is my point. How hard is it for people smugglers to create false documents and life story?
I would think it wouldn't be that difficult.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Q. » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:26 pm

tigerpie wrote:This is my point. How hard is it for people smugglers to create false documents and life story?
The opposite. It's difficult faking a life story. The majority of boat arrivals are found to be genuine refugees.

Most asylum seekers arrive with birth certificates, drivers licences, school certificates, letters from local priests, photocopies of identity cards, etc, however they are officially classified as “undocumented” if they can’t produce reputable state-issued photo identification upon arrival. The other forms of ID are used to help identify them and process their claims at a later stage.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:10 pm

tigerpie wrote:This is my point. How hard is it for people smugglers to create false documents and life story?

Hence the change to facial recognisation
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby bennymacca » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:39 pm

if you think it wouldnt be difficult, how do you think YOU would go about it?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tigerpie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:

if you think it wouldnt be difficult, how do you think YOU would go about it?

Well I'm not an expert forger but I'm sure these parasites would have someone that could!
Some of these countries governments are so corrupt they could have someone fake passports easily.
Does a government official travel to authenticate stories, meet people in person etc?
I doubt it.
So we are relying on papers (real or not).
How do they authenticate life histories, by phone?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:21 pm

tigerpie wrote:So we are relying on papers (real or not).

I was able to trace the life of my great grandfather who was born in Estonia, worked as an able seaman and went awol and changed his name when he lobbed in Australia.

I'm pretty sure a well resourced government agency can trace someone living in the digital age.
Q.
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Q. wrote:
tigerpie wrote:So we are relying on papers (real or not).

I was able to trace the life of my great grandfather who was born in Estonia, worked as an able seaman and went awol and changed his name when he lobbed in Australia.

I'm pretty sure a well resourced government agency can trace someone living in the digital age.

And along with the digital age comes the I.t. geniuses who can invent/hack/forge anything.
Maybe I'm watching too many movies?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 am

Turnbull hitting new lows in vile attempts to cling to government. Last week attacked pensioners, disability support and the unemployed. This week he's turned his dog whistling to Sudanese migrants.
Q.
Coach

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:34 am

Turnbull is being disingenuous. Can you imagine Turnbull and Julian Burnside amongst a few wealthy progressives ever taking up residence in these hell holes that some Sudanese migrants are working overtime on in creating in some pockets of Melbourne? Not now not in a fit the fairies would fall from the sky before that happens. He would also know that the Victorian Andrews government has little say over who resides in Melbourne as a result of Federal level immigration policies.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Ronnie wrote:Turnbull is being disingenuous. Can you imagine Turnbull and Julian Burnside amongst a few wealthy progressives ever taking up residence in these hell holes that some Sudanese migrants are working overtime on in creating in some pockets of Melbourne? Not now not in a fit the fairies would fall from the sky before that happens. He would also know that the Victorian Andrews government has little say over who resides in Melbourne as a result of Federal level immigration policies.

Turnbull anything but progressive. Not suggesting he literally has to live on a mattress in an migrant's bedroom to be able to take cursory glance at the statistics.

The data shows people born in Sudan are a tiny minority in Victorian crime statistics - between January 2014 and December 2016, people born in Sudan were responsible for 666 of the 42,502 offences in Victoria.
Q.
Coach

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Turnbull is being disingenuous. Can you imagine Turnbull and Julian Burnside amongst a few wealthy progressives ever taking up residence in these hell holes that some Sudanese migrants are working overtime on in creating in some pockets of Melbourne? Not now not in a fit the fairies would fall from the sky before that happens. He would also know that the Victorian Andrews government has little say over who resides in Melbourne as a result of Federal level immigration policies.

Turnbull anything but progressive. Not suggesting he literally has to live on a mattress in an migrant's bedroom to be able to take cursory glance at the statistics.

The data shows people born in Sudan are a tiny minority in Victorian crime statistics - between January 2014 and December 2016, people born in Sudan were responsible for 666 of the 42,502 offences in Victoria.

The Age newspaper reported that Sudanese are "vastly overrepresented" in 2015 crime data, although it should be stressed that this appears to be for certain categories of offending only, such as aggravated burglary. Presumably those born in Australia to Sudanese parents would be missing from this group as well.
Ronnie
Reserves

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Hardly surprising, but Peter Dutton’s doubled down on this topic by claiming that Victorians are scared to eat out at restaurants because of the fear of street gang violence.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Magellan wrote:Hardly surprising, but Peter Dutton’s doubled down on this topic by claiming that Victorians are scared to eat out at restaurants because of the fear of street gang violence.

He is a ******* potato. Nobody is scared to dine out because some African kids are scribbling tags in Dandenong.
Q.
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Q. wrote:
Magellan wrote:Hardly surprising, but Peter Dutton’s doubled down on this topic by claiming that Victorians are scared to eat out at restaurants because of the fear of street gang violence.

He is a ******* potato. Nobody is scared to dine out because some African kids are scribbling tags in Dandenong.

And its also not a surprise that Mr Potato Head spat out this inflammatory nonsense during an interview with bogan talkback station extaordinaire 2UE which seems to resent any social policy not circa 1950s (I presume it was with right wing fluffer Ray Hadley, but not 100% certain).
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Ronnie wrote:
Q. wrote:

The Age newspaper reported that Sudanese are "vastly overrepresented" in 2015 crime data, although it should be stressed that this appears to be for certain categories of offending only, such as aggravated burglary. Presumably those born in Australia to Sudanese parents would be missing from this group as well.

Yes, in riot and affray offences they represent 6%, although you could trace the increase there back to the Sudanese community having a younger average age.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Magellan wrote:
Q. wrote:

And its also not a surprise that Mr Potato Head spat out this inflammatory nonsense during an interview with bogan talkback station extaordinaire 2UE which seems to resent any social policy not circa 1950s (I presume it was with right wing fluffer Ray Hadley, but not 100% certain).

I suppose he failed to mention racial profiling from the Vic police force.
Q.
Coach

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Q. wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Q. wrote:

I suppose he failed to mention racial profiling from the Vic police force.

I could have predicted that the nasty Vic Police would be dragged into this. You've got it all wrapped up nicely now Q. A biased Police force, media stokers, political rivalries, a few Sudanese kids scrawling tags now and again. Nothing more to see it's all been explained away.
Ronnie
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics