Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 am

Post it anyway :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 am

bennymacca wrote:Post it anyway :)

i reckon i might get a holiday if i do... :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:15 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Bully wrote:and Julia wasn't ?

Julia has nothing on this piece of shit!!

of course not there wayne
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 pm

just proved my point from a few weeks ago when you had a go at me over saying billy boy was a goose and snake in the grass.

Its ok for others to post crap on the current PM, yet when I do it or others do it against the former PM billy boy, its a major problem with you.

good form... ;)
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Bully wrote:

just proved my point from a few weeks ago when you had a go at me over saying billy boy was a goose and snake in the grass.

Its ok for others to post crap on the current PM, yet when I do it or others do it against the former PM billy boy, its a major problem with you.

good form... ;)

i have no idea what the post is, was curious.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:30 pm

well, if you don't know its going to be something stupid or a picture of him with funny items on it then there is something wrong with you. when the post says "inappropriate " for the forum etc
Bully
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:

good form... ;)

i have no idea what the post is, was curious.

google tony abbott d***head and then go to images... then you will see it... i found it amusing..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:47 pm

I thought it was that video where Tony and his mates are confronted by a bloke with video and follows him down the street calling him all sorts about backing jewish bankers!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bully » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:34 pm

16.7% swing against the LNP in the QLD by election in Redcliffe.
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:57 pm

strange that I haven't seen anyone blaming the Qantas issues on the LNP :shock:
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 am

Bully wrote:strange that I haven't seen anyone blaming the Qantas issues on the LNP :shock:

It's not either governments fault imo
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:27 am

Bully wrote:strange that I haven't seen anyone blaming the Qantas issues on the LNP :shock:

Apparantly the people who use qantas frequent flyer points have been assured via email that their accumulated points are safe. Thats nice.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:51 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
Apparantly the people who use qantas frequent flyer points have been assured via email that their accumulated points are safe. Thats nice.

I have some QANTAS shares so I have a mild interest in the action.

However, my wife would never fly QANTAS if she could avoid it - her line was that if Ansett, then after their demise Virgin, cleaned their planes more effectively they possibly maintained them better too.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 393 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:06 am

I pretty much refuse to fly QANTAS now... very average service!!!! Price for a ticket is far to high compared to other companies. Would rather fly virgin and pay for stuff then fly qantASS
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 am

i heard because Qantas is a public company and virgin is owned by shareholders ( something like that ) is the reason virgin can keep the cheap prices for flights. Qantas had to lower theirs to compete and it has sent them broke.

virgin has overseas holders who can prop up the Australian channel of the company where as Qantas does not. something along the lines of that .
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 am

Bully wrote:i heard because Qantas is a public company and virgin is owned by shareholders ( something like that ) is the reason virgin can keep the cheap prices for flights. Qantas had to lower theirs to compete and it has sent them broke.

virgin has overseas holders who can prop up the Australian channel of the company where as Qantas does not. something along the lines of that .

public companies, by definition, are owned by shareholders.

but the second part is correct - well at least thats what qantas is claiming. that because all of the other airlines have overseas ownership, they can tap into the economies of scale that that provides, and they cant compete.

not sure i agree with that sentiment given i dont see how they operate that is different from the other airlines, but i havent followed it closely enough to make a comment about that really.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

I am interested in protecting the ABC and wrote to a few politicians about a week ago.

Only Malcolm Turnbull has replied so far.
Thank you for your correspondence regarding the ABC and I appreciate you contacting me about this matter.

As you may be aware the Australian Government provides an overall level of funding for the ABC, but has no power to direct the ABC in relation to operational matters. Parliament has guaranteed this independence to ensure what is broadcast is free of political interference. Internal programming and editorial decisions are the responsibility of the ABC Board and Executive.

As Australia’s primary national broadcaster, the principal function of the ABC is to produce programs that inform, educate and entertain all Australians. The roles and functions of the ABC are set out in the ABC Charter under section 6 of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation Act 1983.

Australia’s media, like media environments all over the world, are experiencing great, disruptive change of unprecedented speed and scale. As I’ve stated many times before, in these challenging times our national broadcasters are more important than ever and the Government recognises the important role the ABC plays in Australia’s cultural, economic and democratic way of life.

Recently the Government announced an efficiency study into the national broadcasters. The ABC and SBS receive $1.4 billion in funding a year from the Australian Government. All Government agencies have a duty to ensure taxpayers’ funds are used as efficiently as possible, and the national broadcasters are no exception. The study will not evaluate the quality of ABC and SBS programming and services, or make recommendations regarding their editorial independence. There will not be any change to either organisation’s Charter.

The Government understands the significant relationship the ABC has with the Australian public and is committed to maintaining its quality, performance and efficiency.

He also sent this link to the efficiency study terms of reference: http://www.communications.gov.au/televi ... _reference
Psyber
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:44 am

Both are public companies but Qantas has a limit on foreign ownership.
The really interesting part of this is John Borghetti missed out on the top QF job to Alan Joyce and is now showing why he was the better choice.

Both are now making losses but Qantas are making huge losses trying to maintain their 65% domestic market share which is unsustainable
They are a public company and shareholders are responsible, not the people of Australia
Again we are being asked to pick up the tab for bad management and or practices.
You have to wonder where these companies are getting this "welfare state" mentality.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby bennymacca » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:51 am

interesting response re ABC psyber.

the cynical side of me thinks that because most of the other papers have gone behind a paywall, this has pushed a ton of traffic towards the ABC, which, because of the perceived left wing bias, the libs (and murdoch) dont like this, so they will be in line for cuts to limit the ABC's power.

the non-cynical side of me thinks continual review of things like this is a good thing, as you dont want it to become bloated so much that there is too much content that no one actually watches or listens to. what i dont like is the government saying how much they hate the fact checking unit for instance, which seems to be one of the best new news sources i have seen in years.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:14 pm

I agree with you about the fact checking unit being one of the best things the ABC do.

My only criticism of the ABC is that I think they are running too many TV channels and radio stations for the amount of programming content they have to put over and it has become a bit repetitious. For example, ABC TV Ch24 keeps re-running the same items over and over, and the News radio and talk-back radio broadcasts are full of boring fill in music - I think they could be combined with news and talk back about the news on one station.
Psyber
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics