Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:14 pm

Imo Albanese would have be one of the most embarrassing shit talking, lying bloodsucking leach of a politician to come close to being Prime Minister of our Country.
God help Australia if this becomes a reality.
What an embarrassment it will be, on a par with Biden being President of the USA :oops:
What a sad reflection on todays society :roll:
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:46 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Imo Albanese would have be one of the most embarrassing shit talking, lying bloodsucking leach of a politician to come close to being Prime Minister of our Country.
What an embarrassment it will be, on a par with Biden being President of the USA :oops:

Can't be any worse than the current muppet
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby shoe boy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 am

jackpot jim wrote:Imo Albanese would have be one of the most embarrassing shit talking, lying bloodsucking leach of a politician to come close to being Prime Minister of our Country.

Wow and that shit talking , lying bloodsucking embarrassment of a human being Morrison is ok! 8-}
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:49 am

He's doing the Shorten trick
Tells northern NSW & Qld miners he sleeps with coal under his pillow then tells inner city tree huggers he's going to shut coal down
At least you could easily hate Shorten and his dividends policy was a disaster. No-one knows what's going to happen when Albo gets in - least of all him!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby shoe boy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Tells northern NSW & Qld miners he sleeps with coal under his pillow then tells inner city tree huggers he's going to shut coal down
At least you could easily hate Shorten and his dividends policy was a disaster. No-one knows what's going to happen when Albo gets in - least of all him!

But we can trust Morrison!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Psyber » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:24 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Not entirely, but can we trust any of them really...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:38 pm

Psyber wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Not entirely, but can we trust any of them really...

Sums it up really.
He's $hit
Well, he's not as $hit as the other bloke
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Sums it up really.
He's $hit
Well, he's not as $hit as the other bloke[/quote]

Morrison certainly has track record of dishonesty and being a shit bloke.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:38 pm

shoe boy wrote:Sums it up really.
He's $hit
Well, he's not as $hit as the other bloke

Morrison certainly has track record of dishonesty and being a shit bloke.[/quote]

They're all the same :toimonster:

You wouldn't buy a used car from any of them
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby rd » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:59 am

Any truth to the rumours that Albanese didn't have Covid - he was just put away by the ALP for a week to let the other better media stars of the party repair the damage caused by Albo in the opening weeks of the campaign ?
rd
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:13 am

rd wrote:Any truth to the rumours that Albanese didn't have Covid - he was just put away by the ALP for a week to let the other better media stars of the party repair the damage caused by Albo in the opening weeks of the campaign ?

And Russians eat babies :roll:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby rd » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:55 am

shoe boy wrote:
rd wrote:Any truth to the rumours that Albanese didn't have Covid - he was just put away by the ALP for a week to let the other better media stars of the party repair the damage caused by Albo in the opening weeks of the campaign ?

Anyway Albo's back today and scoring runs already...

https://www.news.com.au/national/federa ... 50e6164714
rd
Under 18s

Been liked: 26 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:39 pm

Achievements Of The Coalition Government
A comprehensive list of (almost) everything the current Australian government has done

https://www.mdavis.xyz/govlist/?fbclid= ... Owyrb4gUkY
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dinglinga75 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:40 pm

rd wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Anyway Albo's back today and scoring runs already...

https://www.news.com.au/national/federa ... 50e6164714

ScoMo says hold my beer ( whisky in this case )

MORRISON HANDS LIB DONOR $4.5 MILLION OF TAXPAYER FUNDS
In sept 2020 hotels and poker machine baron Bruce Mathieson Snr invested in Lark Distillery.
Mathieson is worth $1.8 billion , in partnership with Woolies , he's a Lib/Nats donor , a mate of Barnaby's and now Morrison is giving Lark distillery $4.5 million of taxpayer funds.
Here is Morrison at the Lark distillery announcing the gift of $4.5 Million.
It must be so comforting for all those on Centrelink payments that lark distillery is being looked after too.
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:45 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:Achievements Of The Coalition Government
A comprehensive list of (almost) everything the current Australian government has done

https://www.mdavis.xyz/govlist/?fbclid= ... Owyrb4gUkY

I looked at one field of my personal interest and better than half were either incorrect or are simply allegations.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun May 01, 2022 3:18 pm

Albo needs to shut the hell up, he is going to lose the unlosable at this rate

His latest doozy is his housing affordability plan which again puts more money in the market, absolute lunacy.

You want to help housing affordability, all you need to do is:

Simple solutions
1. Change inner city zoning, sorry Aussies y'all going to live to learn like the rest of the world with higher population density.
2. Get rid of all grants / concessions, the lot
3. Vacancy tax, either rent it out or sell it, no sitting on property doing nothing .
4. End foreign ownership, no brainer, easy for libs and labour to positive spin on this.
5. Build social housing, will work out cheaper overall, than having homelessness-->crime--> prison

Unpopular decisions that will never happen but would help
6. PPOR needs to go in pension asset test, sorry boomers if you own a $2 million property no pension for you
7. No capital gains discounts
8. End negative gearing, you want investors that can actually afford to invest, not 95% leveraged "investors"

Armchair for dictator of Australia!
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Psyber » Mon May 02, 2022 11:51 am

Armchair expert wrote:Albo needs to shut the hell up, he is going to lose the unlosable at this rate

His latest doozy is his housing affordability plan which again puts more money in the market, absolute lunacy.

You want to help housing affordability, all you need to do is:

Simple solutions
1. Change inner city zoning, sorry Aussies y'all going to live to learn like the rest of the world with higher population density.
2. Get rid of all grants / concessions, the lot
3. Vacancy tax, either rent it out or sell it, no sitting on property doing nothing .
4. End foreign ownership, no brainer, easy for libs and labour to positive spin on this.
5. Build social housing, will work out cheaper overall, than having homelessness-->crime--> prison

Unpopular decisions that will never happen but would help
6. PPOR needs to go in pension asset test, sorry boomers if you own a $2 million property no pension for you
7. No capital gains discounts
8. End negative gearing, you want investors that can actually afford to invest, not 95% leveraged "investors"

Armchair for dictator of Australia!

I agree in principle, though I'm not quite sure about your number 2. I'd need more information about what that involves.
A few years ago my accountant did say I could qualify for a minimal pension, but I never bothered to apply.
I have enough money to live on, even if I give up my episodic medical locum work, which I mainly do out of interest and keeping my options open.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:46 pm

I wonder if the Productivity Commission has ever done a study on the effects of bringing the tax rate down to a flat rate (or 2) and getting rid of all tax deductions

@Psyber?

Top tax rate in
Singapore: 22% on S$320k+ (US$144,230)
Hong Kong: 17% on HKD200k+ (US$25,485)
Malaysia: 30% on MR2m (US$45,900)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon May 02, 2022 6:03 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I wonder if the Productivity Commission has ever done a study on the effects of bringing the tax rate down to a flat rate (or 2) and getting rid of all tax deductions

@Psyber?

Top tax rate in

I don't know whether they have ever considered it, nor whether it would work, but I'd like to see figures on how such a system would compare with our present one in terms of funding essential services. Overall, I think our MPs are disinclined to introduce any system that would reduce their net take home earnings.

I recall paying tax at 58 cents in the dollar in the late 1970s, and resenting that high a percentage. My accountant suggested I buy a Mercedes I could tax deduct, but I went for a Porsche instead...

These days, being largely retired and not working at all in private practice, I don't earn enough for the tax rate to bother me - I only work a couple of months each year in public health.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Psyber wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I wonder if the Productivity Commission has ever done a study on the effects of bringing the tax rate down to a flat rate (or 2) and getting rid of all tax deductions

@Psyber?

Top tax rate in

I don't know whether they have ever considered it, nor whether it would work, but I'd like to see figures on how such a system would compare with our present one in terms of funding essential services. Overall, I think our MPs are disinclined to introduce any system that would reduce their net take home earnings.

I recall paying tax at 58 cents in the dollar in the late 1970s, and resenting that high a percentage. My accountant suggested I buy a Mercedes I could tax deduct, but I went for a Porsche instead...

These days, being largely retired and not working at all in private practice, I don't earn enough for the tax rate to bother me - I only work a couple of months each year in public health.

I'm thinking something like (these numbers could be anything)
0% to $20k
10% up to $100k
20% up to $200k
30% thereafter

But, in the world of envy we have in Australia, and even though those earning under $100k would get taxed a crap load less, the lefties wouldn't like it
We will never get proper tax reform whilst there are votes to be won
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics