Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby shoe boy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:26 am

[quote="Magellan"]Mal Brough seemingly in continually deepening political sh!t over his apparent misleading of the Parliament over the Peter Slipper/James Ashby/speaker's diary affair.

Turnbull's first real test as PM. Will be interesting to see how long Brough can last, and whether Turnbull has the bottle to lance one of his own men.

And does he believe in climate change!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:41 am

Reckon Malcolm does, but I'm sure there are plenty of people in the Liberal party caucus upon whose support he relies that do not.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:42 am

I reckon they all do but appeasing big business is a higher priority...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby shoe boy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I reckon they all do but appeasing big business is a higher priority...

Big Business , More the like the right religious movement and their National mates . "Barnaby"
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:07 am

Bloody hell it would be nice if a week went past and there wasnt another lineral party drama. God sakes cant you all destroy each other in private?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:01 pm

stan wrote:Bloody hell it would be nice if a week went past and there wasnt another lineral party drama. God sakes cant you all destroy each other in private?

Unfortunately, it's that nature of politics now - it is no longer adversarial but combative on all fronts.
Abbott can't complain - he invented it. Shorten is now doing it (badly)

Xenophon's attitude to Turnbull, on 891 this morning, was interesting
I think he actually thinks Turnbull is doing a good job
Xenophon has the luxury of being a populist and being able to pick his battles, but $hit, he battles at them well
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 722 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Psyber » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:03 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:Bloody hell it would be nice if a week went past and there wasnt another lineral party drama. God sakes cant you all destroy each other in private?

Unfortunately, it's that nature of politics now - it is no longer adversarial but combative on all fronts.
Abbott can't complain - he invented it. Shorten is now doing it (badly)

Xenophon's attitude to Turnbull, on 891 this morning, was interesting
I think he actually thinks Turnbull is doing a good job
Xenophon has the luxury of being a populist and being able to pick his battles, but $hit, he battles at them well

Nick was a very skilful barrister before he moved into politics.
I met him first over the case he was handling for a mutual client back in those days.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby stan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 am

Seems Pyne is under attack in the Australian at the moment. Atricles are floating all over the main stream media about his text messages to get a certain broadcaster to dampen Nick X at the next election. Obviously there is more to this and perhaps even an agenda against Pyne himself as well, but well you know its Pyne so ehh.

Sorry I couldnt attach a link by the way, struggling with this phone and tapatalk.

stan
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

stan wrote:Seems Pyne is under attack in the Australian at the moment. Atricles are floating all over the main stream media about his text messages to get a certain broadcaster to dampen Nick X at the next election. Obviously there is more to this and perhaps even an agenda against Pyne himself as well, but well you know its Pyne so ehh.

Sorry I couldnt attach a link by the way, struggling with this phone and tapatalk.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 119eadf54f
Pyne would be in trouble
I have never voted for him and would vote for an X man as long as he didn't have two heads
Pyne and Byner would very close, wouldn't they?
Would regularly see eye to eye........ :shock:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:29 pm

:lol: LOL

He showed the texts to a small group of people and they have since been obtained by The Australian.
When contacted last night, Byner authenticated the texts but said he was disappointed they had been leaked.
“I’m disappointed that a confidence has been breached but, be that as it may, my basic reaction is: if you want Nick off your back, develop some policies,” he said.

What? The same way you breached Pyne's confidence and then authenticated it? Tosser
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:Seems Pyne is under attack in the Australian at the moment. Atricles are floating all over the main stream media about his text messages to get a certain broadcaster to dampen Nick X at the next election. Obviously there is more to this and perhaps even an agenda against Pyne himself as well, but well you know its Pyne so ehh.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/na ... 119eadf54f
Pyne would be in trouble
I have never voted for him and would vote for an X man as long as he didn't have two heads
Pyne and Byner would very close, wouldn't they?
Would regularly see eye to eye........ :shock:

Thanks for the link Jimmy. I would say to be asking for such favours with his contacts would suggest he is concerned. The problem is that the X team picks the fights and normally its ones they are good at and hence do well. But his other issue is what Tony was teying to repair in his last days and that was the disconnect with the Feds and SA. Nick X will feed off that all the way to the election.
stan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 pm

THE Turnbull government is in upheaval with one minister quitting over an incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar and another standing aside during a police investigation.

Cities and Built Environment Minister Jamie Briggs announced his resignation in Adelaide over a late-night incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar during an official visit last month.

In a shock move, Mr Turnbull announced shortly afterwards that Special Minister of State and Minister for Defence Materiel and Science Mal Brough had agreed to stand down pending the completion of a police investigation.

Mr Brough has come under fire after federal police executed a search warrant at his home over the James Ashby affair.

The departure of the two MPs will trigger a Cabinet shuffle, but Mr Turnbull’s statement did not say when this would occur.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 408eabd339

The Libs have been a disaster in government and don't even have minority government to deal with.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:16 am

Gozu wrote:
THE Turnbull government is in upheaval with one minister quitting over an incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar and another standing aside during a police investigation.

Cities and Built Environment Minister Jamie Briggs announced his resignation in Adelaide over a late-night incident involving a female public servant in a Hong Kong bar during an official visit last month.

In a shock move, Mr Turnbull announced shortly afterwards that Special Minister of State and Minister for Defence Materiel and Science Mal Brough had agreed to stand down pending the completion of a police investigation.

Mr Brough has come under fire after federal police executed a search warrant at his home over the James Ashby affair.

The departure of the two MPs will trigger a Cabinet shuffle, but Mr Turnbull’s statement did not say when this would occur.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 408eabd339

The Libs have been a disaster in government and don't even have minority government to deal with.

Would like to know what Briggs really did over in HK.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Grenville » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Having seen him in action close up previously his recent display is no surprise.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:05 am

Another Peter Dutton stuff up, this time with a text-message sent by accident. I guess this time he didn't see the boom mike hovering above his mobile phone.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/peter-dutton-left-redfaced-after-texting-mishap-20160103-glyll6.html

Immigration minister Peter Dutton has been left red-faced after he referred to a journalist as a "mad f---ing witch" then accidentally sent the text message to the journalist herself.

On Sunday night, the minister confirmed he apologised to the journalist after he sent the message, reportedly intended for his embattled colleague Jamie Briggs, who stepped down after acting inappropriately towards a colleague while on an overseas trip.

In a newspaper column, journalist Samantha Maiden branded Mr Briggs' behaviour while travelling "dumb as all get out".

Maiden criticised the former minister's alcohol intake, and his decision to circulate a photo of the woman who made a confidential complaint about his actions at a Hong Kong bar.
Advertisement

Dutton responded to the column on Sunday morning by reportedly texting Mr Briggs to call its author a "mad f---ing witch". Instead, it was sent straight to Maiden's text message inbox.

Maiden referred to the incident on breakfast television on Sunday morning while talking about Mr Briggs, though she didn't then name the minister involved.

"They certainly do believe they're hard done by, including by me," Maiden told the Today show, referring to ministers close to Mr Briggs.

"I had a Liberal MP accidentally text me this morning, clearly not meant for me, describing me as a bit of a mad witch for writing this story, which I thought was spectacular.

"He apologised and said he'd sent the text to the wrong person.

"So I think some of these MPs, they're having a bit of a problem with their phones. They might just want to put them down."

However, The Herald Sun reported Maiden was "not offended" by the "mobile phone malfunction".

In a statement sent to Fairfax Media on Sunday evening, Mr Dutton said he "had a laugh" with Maiden about what happened.

"Sam and I have exchanged some robust language over the years so we had a laugh after this and I apologised to her straight away which she took in good faith," Mr Dutton said.

"I'm expecting a tough time in her next column!"

The Australian reported Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull had privately described the message as "completely inappropriate".

It's not the first time Mr Dutton has had a problem with technology.

In September, a "light-hearted" comment about rising sea levels was also broadcasted to an audience wider than intended after he delivered it while standing under a boom microphone.

Twitter was this morning awash with commentary on the latest gaffe.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Dutton's an imbecile and will probably be cut adrift soon enough.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Gozu wrote:Dutton's an imbecile and will probably be cut adrift soon enough.

In one of these?

You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:52 pm

put him in a sinking sub I say!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11861 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:54 pm

hearing the journo affected by it this morning, she seemed to take it all in her stride!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11861 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:54 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:put him in a sinking sub I say!

It'll need to be extra heavy to deal with rising sea levels.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics