Are the Labor party and Julia Gillard credible?

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Are the Labor party and Julia Gillard credible?

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:23 pm

After so many lies and so many failures are they really up to leading our great country??
straight talker

Re: Are the Labor party and Julia Gillard credible?

Postby GWW » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Probably not, but the worst part is the Opposition aren't any more credible.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:37 pm

GWW wrote:Probably not, but the worst part is the Opposition aren't any more credible.

what he said ...

Actually, can I take the liberty of asking a different question. Who (person, party or other) in Federal Parliament is trustworthy and credible?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 pm

you are probably correct but at this stage i tend to be more on the side of the opposition at this stage as you may have noticed! and by the looks of things so does the majority of Australians. I actually feel for the Government as they wanted to lead so bad that they went to bed with the incompetent unrealistic GREENS and two independants who have no idea what the people of Australia want,thats the problem these people are not listening to the majority voice of Australian people.
straight talker

Postby redandblack » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:32 pm

If the independents have no idea, why was Tony Abbott desperate to convince them to back him? Poor judgement?

Also, why did Coalition supporters only criticise them after they'd decided to back Julia Gillard?
redandblack

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 pm

well that is very simple he obviously wanted them to back him and the parties ideas and they obviously were trying to get the best for them not the people they represent and that is why if they had an election now they would be outa there. I guess when they came out and said what they wanted and the direction they wanted to go in well when the people of oz found that out they started to get into them for there stupidity.Thank god in the end the Libs never sold there soul and thats what it boiled down to im sure if you are a realist you would agree.
straight talker

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 pm

LOL, but Abbott was prepared to sell his grandmother, wife and kids to win the independents over, it's just that he failed to do so, otherwise most people will be accusing him of being led by them as Gillard is now if he was successful in forming a government.
dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 pm

god i am sure you are smarter than your last post. quite clearly abbott didnt sell his soul as gillard did to the greens and the nutty two.THANK GOD otherwise the Libs would be looking as silly as Gillard and Labor with a Government they are not running but others are setting the agenda and if she doesnt like it they will walk,quite simple really.
straight talker

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:54 pm

he would have been in the same boat sunshine ...
dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 pm

but hes not because he didnt sell his soul did he? and i know as well as i do that there is ways to get rid of the nuts which im sure we will see if the Libs win the next election which abbott has already suggested and im sure the majority of oz wants it to happen.
straight talker

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm

sorry you know as well as i do!
straight talker

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 pm

straight talker wrote:sorry you know as well as i do!

Which isn't much apparently.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:11 pm

well i was actually correcting myself. :lol: guess you thought my original comment had some merit as you didnt reply to that.?
straight talker

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 pm

straight talker wrote:but hes not because he didnt sell his soul did he? and i know as well as i do that there is ways to get rid of the nuts which im sure we will see if the Libs win the next election which abbott has already suggested and im sure the majority of oz wants it to happen.

Amazingly Gillard outsmarted him on this one ... it wasn't from lack of trying on his part.
dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 pm

i and the majority of Australians would beg to differ. Think it was a masterstroke by the Libs not selling their soul and now the gillard/greens/nutty two led government are looking absolutely stupid again i say as the majority of Australians agree as im sure your aware of. Easiest way to know that is have a look at the current polls and what do you think the result would be if an election was held now?
straight talker

Postby redandblack » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:28 pm

st, please have some regard to political history and facts.

Abbott would have done "whatever it takes" to gain power at the last election. Are you saying that if the Independents decided to desert Labor and back him, he wouldn't "sell his soul" and accept?

Referring to opinion polls one year after an election as 'evidence' is just not valid.
redandblack

Postby dedja » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

LOL, elections are held for a reason. They allow eligible voters in Australia to cast the votes of their choice at that time. There is also a preferential system that dictates how the votes are counted.

If you consider the total votes for the independent and Labor members at the election, then Australians got the government that the majority of them voted for.

What may occur between elections with polls is completely and utterly irrelevant ... that's the way it and the way it's been since Federation in 1901.

So, when the next election is held, whenever that is, the eligible voters have the opportunity to decide who will form government, not an opposition leader who can't accept the will of the people and electoral system that has served this country well in 110 years.

These are facts ... fact are good in rational debates.
dedja
Coach

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 pm

he didnt do whatever it takes cant you see that? that is why Labor are sharing the government! they would have to tow the line or he wouldnt accept. abbott would call another election and the greens and the two nuts would be gone as the majority of Australia is saying they want which is FACT ! i think you may find that the electorate that the nutty two represent did not want them to back the greens and gillard?
straight talker

Postby redandblack » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 pm

A total disregard of the facts of the time, st.

I'm off for tonight, have a good night :)
redandblack

Postby straight talker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

i dont think so. quite relevent i would think. goodnight.
straight talker

Next

Board index   General Talk  Politics